PDA

View Full Version : Challenge: Hmm... Cellphones... Voice mail... All your zig a

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 15, 2004, 04:25 PM
I'm considering this (http://www.therecollectionsaga.com/Media/Answering_Machine1.mp3) to be the new voice mail message for my cellphone. Of course, the difficult part here, comes in figuring out how to get it from my computer to my outgoing message thing, without doing something all un-professional-like, such as just simply holding my cellphone up to my speaker.

I'm thinking that I can probably make a program to dial out from a modem, and access my voice mail settings, then play the sound. That'll be a pain to figure out, though...

Kadavreski
Jun 16, 2004, 11:35 AM
On 2004-06-15 14:25, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
I'm considering this (http://www.therecollectionsaga.com/Media/Answering_Machine1.mp3) to be the new voice mail message for my cellphone. Of course, the difficult part here, comes in figuring out how to get it from my computer to my outgoing message thing, without doing something all un-professional-like, such as just simply holding my cellphone up to my speaker.

I'm thinking that I can probably make a program to dial out from a modem, and access my voice mail settings, then play the sound. That'll be a pain to figure out, though...

iy be good. you better ask the peep who made that for his permission tyhough,,,,

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 17, 2004, 10:59 AM
o_O

I made it.

RFB
Jun 17, 2004, 11:18 AM
Wait, better than that: what ports does your cellphone have? all of them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RFB on 2004-06-17 09:19 ]</font>

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 17, 2004, 11:31 AM
Eh? Would you mind elaborating on that, RFB?

RFB
Jun 17, 2004, 11:33 AM
headphone port, michrophone port, etc etc...

maybe you can connect your computer to one of those.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 17, 2004, 11:36 AM
Indeed, that's an interesting idea. Odds are, I've got the cables necessary to accomplish such a task, as well. Hmm...

I shall have to experiment.

Aunt_Betty
Jun 17, 2004, 11:41 AM
There is a cell phone virus going around now.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 17, 2004, 11:47 AM
It's not going around right now, actually. They just have it. It also requires the user to download and activate it.

It also only effects Nokias that run a particular operating system.

Fortunately for myself, my phone is some model of LG.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUnewearl_Meira on 2004-06-17 09:48 ]</font>