PDA

View Full Version : it's hard to say the words you feel

Evil_Althena8
Jun 20, 2004, 07:48 PM
At least, for me it really is. I've always been a person who has suppressed my true feelings about things, keeping them inside from the rest of the world. Why? I'm not sure, but one feeling in particular is the hardest to express: Love. Why is it that hard? I'm sure many of you way have experienced the exact same thing. I'm afraid, and I can't figure out why the hell I am. Maybe I'm self conscious? I don't know. It is espcially hard to tell a good friend this, which is my case. I've had nightmarish thoughts of not being able to say it before its too late. It's been tearing away at me for over a year now. I've just been waiting for that right moment...but will that moment ever come? It's something I've thought about every day of my life for the past year, I think I just need help. Is anyone in the same situation right now?

Solstis
Jun 20, 2004, 08:26 PM
I feel the same way much of the time, and rarely actually go through with the insane plans I concoct in my head.

:/

Wyndham
Jun 20, 2004, 09:05 PM
I cant put may things into words, but maybe that's how it should be.
the world doesn't need a bunch of miniature mes. >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Oran1324 on 2004-06-20 19:05 ]</font>

PJ
Jun 20, 2004, 10:38 PM
I feel exactly the same way.

There's a girl who I like at my school, right? I don't know why, but I just can't say anything to her, except a, "Hey [Insert Name Here]," and blush stupidly.

It could be my subconscious is self conscious, because well, part of the reason I don't ask her is the feeling of being rejected. And I feel I would be rejected because I don't feel I'd be very attractive.

And it's not that I think she's shallow either, I really don't know what it is @_@

Wow, it really isn't hard to get your feelings out on the internet, now is it?

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Jun 20, 2004, 11:46 PM
I can't say I've been in the same position as you three but as for putting feelings into words, well...

It'd be best if I kept my mouth shut, I've been predisposed to feelings of hatred and disgust, and I've been told to be up front about feelings. If I try to put my feelings into words I'm so blunt that my words get blown out of proportion. I can come up with more elaborate words, and I can write them down but I can't say them. Any positive feelings put into words are a strain on my vocabulary. It sounds scary but check the title below my name on the left, you'll understand.

Who knows, at this rate in 20 years I may be incapable of love. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Evil_Althena8
Jun 21, 2004, 04:56 AM
On 2004-06-20 20:38, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
I feel exactly the same way.

There's a girl who I like at my school, right? I don't know why, but I just can't say anything to her, except a, "Hey [Insert Name Here]," and blush stupidly.

It could be my subconscious is self conscious, because well, part of the reason I don't ask her is the feeling of being rejected. And I feel I would be rejected because I don't feel I'd be very attractive.

And it's not that I think she's shallow either, I really don't know what it is @_@

Wow, it really isn't hard to get your feelings out on the internet, now is it?

I used to feel that way over petty crushes...like this one girl I could never talk to in 8th grade, but this is totally different. I'm older now, and it's my best friend. Not exactly easy to do with the kind of weird relationship we have. And its STILL hard for me to even vent my truest feelings even on the internet, I keep them from everyone.

Armok
Jun 21, 2004, 05:15 AM
In my experinces it wont work out after so long as friends. If it was gonna happen it would have happened already. This is not me being negative but me having gone through this kinda shit with one of my best friend and my friend gary having done it to the extremise amount and it not have worked for him dispite asking her out numberous times.

Daikarin
Jun 21, 2004, 05:26 AM
I wouldn't like to bring that up again, but trust me: The minute you confess, you'll feel a great loss of mind weight.

Live the moment! Don't just beat around the bush and wait for some miracle to get you closer. Go on and make your own future.

Armok
Jun 21, 2004, 05:33 AM
I agree with Even_Jin may as well it won't ruin it where as long term resent may build up if you don't

RFB
Jun 21, 2004, 07:13 AM
On 2004-06-21 03:26, Even_Jin wrote:
I wouldn't like to bring that up again, but trust me: The minute you confess, you'll feel a great loss of mind weight.

Live the moment! Don't just beat around the bush and wait for some miracle to get you closer. Go on and make your own future.

Agreed. Just build up some courage, and say it.

Solstis
Jun 21, 2004, 08:18 AM
On 2004-06-21 05:13, RFB wrote:

On 2004-06-21 03:26, Even_Jin wrote:

Agreed. Just build up some courage, and say it.

That 'tis the hardest part (wtf? didn't I log out yesterday?)

RFB
Jun 21, 2004, 09:16 AM
Well.. one of my deepest beliefs is that if a guy likes a girl the girl has the right to know it even if she already has a boyfriend (and viceversa, that is, if a girl likes a boy... etc). So that kind of forces myself to declare my feelings to any girl I love.

It is not that hard in fact, you just have to put your heart on getting over the fear and shyness. If you really make up your mind, it will come out smoothly.

Solstis
Jun 21, 2004, 10:02 AM
On 2004-06-21 07:16, RFB wrote:
Well.. one of my deepest beliefs is that if a guy likes a girl the girl has the right to know it even if she already has a boyfriend (and viceversa, that is, if a girl likes a boy... etc). So that kind of forces myself to declare my feelings to any girl I love.

It is not that hard in fact, you just have to put your heart on getting over the fear and shyness. If you really make up your mind, it will come out smoothly.

All nice and fair (maybe not for the guy/girl telling), but the guy + guy or girl + girl scenario may encounter some hitches with your philosophy.

meh... I can barely spell today.

anwserman
Jun 21, 2004, 10:12 AM
On 2004-06-21 08:02, Solstis wrote:

On 2004-06-21 07:16, RFB wrote:

All nice and fair (maybe not for the guy/girl telling), but the guy + guy or girl + girl scenario may encounter some hitches with your philosophy.

meh... I can barely spell today.

Well, for the guy/guy or girl/girl thing, depending on who the other person is it can go smoothly or it can go horribly.

A true, good person really wouldn't care.. egad, its too early to talk about this topic. Woke up 10 minutes ago.

InfinityXXX
Jun 21, 2004, 10:57 AM
*Sniff*Sniff*
I've known my best freind, who's a girl, for five years, and I had a crush on her for all those years but when i finally get the nerve to express my self some stupid #$@#%#@%$ who's 3 feeet taller than her get to her before me. Now i've been heartbroken for the past 6 months and i don't know want to do. I want to be a good freind and support them but i also like her and i can't stand that ignorant monkey of a boyfreind of hers but next school year (My junior year, I graduate in 06 from the east central cardinals, i'm representin, yayeeee yayee) I will testify myself to her! Don't ever give up in love!!!!

RFB
Jun 21, 2004, 11:20 AM
On 2004-06-21 08:57, InfinityXXX wrote:
I will testify myself to her! Don't ever give up in love!!!!

That is the spirit! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Sord
Jun 21, 2004, 12:24 PM
In any situation like this, I literally can't find words, because the constant and stupid use of the words tones it down. When you live around people that say "I love this" and "I love that," blah blah blah, "I love you" doesn't even sound that romantic to me. As for just keeping emotions in, I do it as well, and I don't like most people knowing how I'm feeling. Only my closest friends are usually told how I feel, and even then it's sorta rare. Again, it's also hard to put emotions into words, when the word just doesn't seem to fit right.

Daikarin
Jun 21, 2004, 06:08 PM
*Sniff*Sniff*
I've known my best freind, who's a girl, for five years, and I had a crush on her for all those years but when i finally get the nerve to express my self some stupid #$@#%#@%$ who's 3 feeet taller than her get to her before me. Now i've been heartbroken for the past 6 months and i don't know want to do. I want to be a good freind and support them but i also like her and i can't stand that ignorant monkey of a boyfreind of hers but next school year (My junior year, I graduate in 06 from the east central cardinals, i'm representin, yayeeee yayee) I will testify myself to her! Don't ever give up in love!!!!

Don't feel sorry that it ended. Feel good because it happened.

It's been almost 2 years, and I still didn't forget. But as you're younger that me, that will take more time to pass on.

But eventually it will pass on. Just learn from that situation and don't mess up next time!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Even_Jin on 2004-06-21 16:09 ]</font>

LostHero
Jun 21, 2004, 10:11 PM
I know exactly how you feel. I spent 3 years of my life deeply in love with the girl of my dreams, only never to tell her how I felt and consequently never seeing her again. By deeply, I mean I would sooner cut my wrists than see her sad. It wasn't even like I was some creepy guy who watched her alot, I mean we hung out occasionally and even went to prom together (she asked me too). During the course of which, I bought her a 500$ necklace never telling her who it was from, among other things.

I knew, and even my friends told me that I had nothing to lose by telling her how I felt, but I didn't listen to them or reason.

Life goes on, and the world doesn't turn for you so it's just shit you gotta handle on your own terms.

I suppose it was a mix of me being self-consious and afraid to lose what we already had by pushing her away with a feeling that wasn't mutual. Love will make you do some funny things. Before we met, I was 6'2 260 lbs. 3 years later, I was 6'2 220 and able to bench 50 lbs more than I could weighing 260 (360lbs if you're curious). I was never really fat or even chubby during that period, but I always felt I needed to be an inch taller with 0% body fat for her to like me romantically. At least love makes you healthier lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LostHero on 2004-06-21 20:57 ]</font>

lain2k3
Jun 22, 2004, 02:20 AM
*Sniff*Sniff*

Bah, similar situation here. Only she wasnt taken by some other guy, she doesnt want a relationship in school.

Then she said that she never wanted a realationship with me in specific. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

goes far beyond that in detail and time, but im too lazy to type it all, and besides, 7 months later, Im finally starting to feel okay.