PDA

View Full Version : if PSO universe int good ill hurt the sonic team

Mr_Crow
Jun 22, 2004, 01:52 PM
i was lookin foreward to episode III....BUT THEY RUINED IT ALL!!! DONT TAMPER WITH A CLASSIC! just like they did with zelda!
PSO universe will hopefully be a billion times better.......

hehehe....soz im angry

PJ
Jun 22, 2004, 02:01 PM
Wow, how lame.

I bet you've never even tried Wind Waker. Or Episode 3.

Wind Waker is the same Zelda game you love, it jsut looks different. And personally, I think it looks awesome.

Episode 3 is addictive. Fun.

Next time, think harder Homer.

(Oh, and you'll hurt Sonic Team? I wonder how you'll execute that)

EDIT: And technically, it's not Phantasy Star Online Universe. It's jsut Phantasy Star Universe. I dunno, it just bothers me when people getthat wrong http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2004-06-22 12:04 ]</font>

GazL_Neon
Jun 22, 2004, 02:04 PM
V.Lame.

Repetition of the Chao is inevitable.

I bought Wind Waker on Japanese import, and it was immense WITHOUT the story. WITH was just...inevitabely immense.

I still need to properly play Ep.3, but I'm sure I'll like it. I remember when I absolutely hated Tactical RPGs. Now I love them because I TRIED PLAYING ONE.

Don't do the crack-a-jack.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GazL_Neon on 2004-06-22 12:09 ]</font>

RFB
Jun 22, 2004, 02:08 PM
1)I just received today my PSO EP III copy. It rocks. It is cool. It is awesome.

2)I had Wind Waker. I finished it. I made a bit of side-story stuff. I do not like it. Now I do not even own the goddamn game, it is a shame for all the Zelda Games. And chao, if you think Wind Waker looked awesome, I will send you anytime trough messenger the 1-minute trailer of the next Zelda game Nintendo is preparing.

Nai_Calus
Jun 22, 2004, 02:09 PM
Yeah, but Episode 3 IS lame, and it DOES suck ass. And yes, I have played it. Worst. Game. Ever.

Mixfortune
Jun 22, 2004, 02:10 PM
On 2004-06-22 11:52, Mr_Crow wrote:
i was lookin foreward to episode III....BUT THEY RUINED IT ALL!!! DONT TAMPER WITH A CLASSIC!

Classic what? Classic PSO?
EPIII is a bit more classic than EPI&II, considering that Phantasy Star, not PSO, is the one that is classic.

PJ
Jun 22, 2004, 02:11 PM
On 2004-06-22 12:09, Ian-KunX wrote:
Yeah, but Episode 3 IS lame, and it DOES suck ass. And yes, I have played it. Worst. Game. Ever.

Yeah, yeah, I saw that coming a mile away XP

Meh. It's not like we can't have our own opinions...

Don't encourage him http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 22, 2004, 02:26 PM
I feel that it must be emphasized here, that PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE DOES NOT NECESSARILY HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH PHANTASY STAR ONLINE, WHATSOEVER.

So don't whine and complain when you discover that Ragol and Coral isn't even remotely involved in its mythos, or for that matter, when you discover that the gameplay is entirely different.

PJ
Jun 22, 2004, 02:38 PM
On 2004-06-22 12:26, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
So don't whine and complain when you discover that Ragol and Coral isn't even remotely involved in its mythos

I don't think he cares for the story Meira. I think it's just it's appearance he cares for.

Outrider
Jun 22, 2004, 02:41 PM
Yeah. And don't bash Wind Waker. EVER.

If you can't appreciate it for the work of art that it is, maybe you should go back to your GTA clones and sports games.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 22, 2004, 03:04 PM
On 2004-06-22 12:38, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:

On 2004-06-22 12:26, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
So don't whine and complain when you discover that Ragol and Coral isn't even remotely involved in its mythos

I don't think he cares for the story Meira. I think it's just it's appearance he cares for.

Perhaps, but the whole of my comment was rather encompassing to the matter at hand, I think.

Mr_Crow
Jun 22, 2004, 03:05 PM
RIGHT u fool listen up, ive finished Wind waker and i was sorely disspointed! ive played PSO III and the gameplay is pathetic compared to EP I & II its so boring, and I&II is a classic.

dont call me lame either, im having a rant

Mixfortune
Jun 22, 2004, 03:09 PM
On 2004-06-22 13:05, Mr_Crow wrote:
RIGHT u fool listen up, ive finished Wind waker and i was sorely disspointed! ive played PSO III and the gameplay is pathetic compared to EP I & II its so boring, and I&II is a classic.

There can be lame rants. If you rant, expect responses.
And I&II is not classic. That's like saying FFXI is classic because there is FFXII.

Maybe a decade or so from now, PSO will be considered a classic game. But here and now, that is not the case. Phantasy Star Universe could just as easily based around Phantasy Star as it could around PSO, so if it's PS based, the "classic game" argument only supports it.

MrLostman
Jun 22, 2004, 03:11 PM
EpIII is fun and its a matter of taste. I am crossing my fingers for a true sucessor to the last PS game. I love PSO to death but its been too long, we need a new Single player RPG of Phantasy Star that many of us remember so fondly. And yeah, games these days arent about looks. You want something that looks good, dont play console play PC games. And yeah go back to your nameless generic games out there. Reason people dont like EpIII and WW so much? They cant deal with change. But remember Nintendo was trying to make Zelda fresh and new after the same old thing for a few games. Thats the same thing ST did with EpIII. so dont hate them for trying something new.

Mr_Crow
Jun 22, 2004, 03:12 PM
i was hopin 4 ppl 2 b kind and have a rant with me!
but i see u all jus wanna argue with Mr.Crow!

i count I&II as classic now

Aunt_Betty
Jun 22, 2004, 03:17 PM

WTF U TYP LIK DIS?
It doesn't make sence. If you hated it why did you play it to the end ? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
Phantasy Star Online Episode 3 is just a new genre. That's is all. Rather then hacking and slashing you take turns. Like Final Fantasy .

Aunt_Betty
Jun 22, 2004, 03:23 PM
On 2004-06-22 13:12, Mr_Crow wrote:
i was hopin 4 ppl 2 b kind and have a rant with me!
but i see u all jus wanna argue with Mr.Crow!

i count I&II as classic now

It's the internet. Internet=people. People= DIFFERENT OPINIONS And YOU count it as a classic. However most of players do not.

Mr_Crow
Jun 22, 2004, 03:30 PM
PLEASE UNDERSTAND!
IM ON THE FREAKIN RANTS SECTION HAVING A FREAKIN RANT! ON HERE YOUR OPINIONS DONT MATTER!

OH AND I "TYP LYK DIS" cuz i do it on msn alot n i spose ive just gotten quite used to it

Nai_Calus
Jun 22, 2004, 03:31 PM
Actually, the reason I don't like EpIII is because it's a horribly shodily slapped-together rush job of a game with absolutely no balance to it, graphics that manage to be actually worse than it's predecessor, no variety at all in gameplay(Oh look, it's the machine deck again! And wow, watch me cast Gizonde the exact same way with the exact same camera angle as the last fifty thousand times!), and a very mediocre slapped-together story that contradicts half of Ep1&2's story. There is virtually no strategy as everything falls back on the luck of dice rolls, and the gameplay is horribly, mind-numbingly slow.

Wanna say it's balanced? Wanna say it doesn't all depend on luck and that you can get past any oponents deck if you're good enough? Go look at the results of the cups. Go on. Go. Now come back here and try to tell me the game isn't retardedly fscked.

There's potential for a decent game buried there under the lame cheap decks, shoddy graphics and lobby FSODers, but ST didn't bother to spend the five minutes to get some of it out of there.

At least some of the music is very good.

Mixfortune
Jun 22, 2004, 03:35 PM
On 2004-06-22 13:30, Mr_Crow wrote:
PLEASE UNDERSTAND!
IM ON THE FREAKIN RANTS SECTION HAVING A FREAKIN RANT! ON HERE YOUR OPINIONS DONT MATTER!

OH AND I "TYP LYK DIS" cuz i do it on msn alot n i spose ive just gotten quite used to it

The opnions in this case would be equal, meaning that they go both ways in terms of agreement or disagreement. Just because others are not necessarily agreeing with you is not a reason to get into the semantics of the rants forum. You can't be selective with what opinions matter.

Mr_Crow
Jun 22, 2004, 03:40 PM
Oh i much agree the music is really good on it
i have some of it on MP3

Scejntjynahl
Jun 22, 2004, 03:47 PM
On 2004-06-22 13:31, Ian-KunX wrote:

The ones not originally found in pso... *sigh*

MrLostman
Jun 22, 2004, 03:48 PM
Hey man, just becuase it is a rant doesnt mean you have to put it in all caps and TYP LIK DIS! Geez, you can make a rant and sound intellegent about it.

DOG21313
Jun 22, 2004, 04:52 PM
On 2004-06-22 13:30, Mr_Crow wrote:
ON HERE YOUR OPINIONS DONT MATTER!

Then neither does yours. Please, it is YOUR opinion that they are not good games. Personally, I thought Wind Waker and Episode 3 were both great games, and I enjoyed playing them.

If you are to post something in the rants section, it is natural that some people will not agree with you. If you dont want people disagreeing with you then type it up in notepad or something, just dont bring it on here. Simple as that.

Jaks
Jun 22, 2004, 05:16 PM
In my experiance, I hate Wind Waker because it was corny.

The Link you play as is a reinarnation of the original Link?! Lame.

Ganondorf magically gained wait and lost power and is stil 'ph34r3d'? Lame.

Tetra being the SAME Zelda from OoT? Lame.

The world is flooded and your boat is Zelda's dad? Mother Fucking Lame!

It simply didn't live up to OoT, hell, I don't think it was better than Majora's Mask!

And PSO ep3?

I was able to stand playing it long enough to get the idea of the story and pwn Umbla on both stories.

Despite my hating both games, I have enough intelligence and manners to respect ST and Nintendo's attempt at a new style game, not being a mindless fool who says things like half the idiots on AIM would.

PJ
Jun 22, 2004, 05:28 PM
graphics that manage to be actually worse than it's predecessor

I couldn't tell... although the graphics from the first one aren't the greatest either, if there is a difference, it's only very slightly o_O

no variety at all in gameplay(Oh look, it's the machine deck again! And wow, watch me cast Gizonde the exact same way with the exact same camera angle as the last fifty thousand times!)

The lack of variety would be the cheap decks, right? That's not really ST's fault, but I guess the unbalancing part is. And watching the battle from the same angle... *Gasp!* like any other turn-based RPG!

There is virtually no strategy as everything falls back on the luck of dice rolls

I hear that one. Second match of the Arkz Morgue battle I jsut needed a 3 or a 4 to move away from Silfer. I got a 1-1

The original music, yes, the remixed, no. *shudders at CCA changed music* One of my favourite songs screwed up >.>;;;

Now, I can't remember exactly, but either:
1) All the Links are, or
2) This is the only Link that isn't a reincarnation

Err, what?

Where'd you pick that one up? o_O

I can't remember the flooded part, but the boat is not Zelda's dad. Zelda's dad is just controlling it -_-

Outrider
Jun 22, 2004, 06:19 PM
On 2004-06-22 15:16, Jaks wrote:

It simply didn't live up to OoT, hell, I don't think it was better than Majora's Mask!

Uh... Jaks? Been a while since I played the game, but I don't remember Link being a reincarnation. The whole deal with the Zelda series as stated by Miyamoto is that each time there's trouble a new Link is born.

And uh... Ganondorf WAS weaker, I guess... he didn't have the Triforce of Power anymore, right? But he also had power from the Golden Land, right? That gives him something, I figure.

Uh... now, Zelda might be more along the lines of reincarnation.

But seriously, how can anyone expect ANY game to live up to Ocarina of Time? It was easily the best Zelda game, and many consider it the best game of all time. Majora's Mask is also a great game, so it's not surprising for people to like it more than Wind Waker.

Heck, I'm not saying people should think of Wind Waker as the definitive Zelda game, I'm just saying that they should respect, as you said.

EJ
Jun 22, 2004, 06:28 PM
On 2004-06-22 15:16, Jaks wrote:

The link in wind waker is a different Link and is not connected to the Link in Oot.

I liked this Ganonndorf better because he was more hands on instead of just deflecting his magic back at him.

Tetra is the great great..granddaughter of the Zelda from Oot.

And the boat is the King of Hyrule but I doubt it is tetra dad. It is probably the King from Oot.

It is not the best Zelda game ever but it is a good game nonetheless

Nai_Calus
Jun 22, 2004, 06:33 PM
The graphics are largely the same, but the colours are somehow washed out. Perhaps it's the enviroments, but... Even in the Ep1&2 lobbies, when I was there with Ian-Kun X, the colours still seemed faded. The lobbies/morgue/etc all looked really bad, IMO. Too busy and yet flat, devoid of life and colour. Even the cutscenes are washed out because there's so much grey in the colours.

Actually, most RPGs I've played on the PSX and higher systems all had at the very least the option to use varied camera angles during battles. Most RPGs I've played also had an actually good battle system, though, so maybe I'm being unfair to Ep3. It's not it's fault the battle system sucks. XD

The lack of any sort of balance is exactly WHY there are cheap decks. XD

The remixed music sucks. Some of the original sucks too(Tener Sinus, anyone? GAHHHHHH)

PJ
Jun 22, 2004, 06:42 PM
The graphics are largely the same, but the colours are somehow washed out. Perhaps it's the enviroments

I can see that. Very true.

The lobbies/morgue/etc all looked really bad, IMO. Too busy and yet flat, devoid of life and colour

Pioneer 2 never looked very good either, but the background I guess was decent with moving stuff. So... much... yellow... (And not even the good yellow @_@)

Even the cutscenes are washed out because there's so much grey in the colours.

I never noticed, but then again, I don't own the game, so I try to enjoy the cut scenes =3

Actually, most RPGs I've played on the PSX and higher systems all had at the very least the option to use varied camera angles during battles.

Huuu... waaaaaa?

The remixed music sucks. Some of the original sucks too(Tener Sinus, anyone? GAHHHHHH)

Probably should just stick to, "Episode 3 has some good music, and some bad music."

I really like the intro movie though. Makes the game look more exciting than it actually is, eh? XD

Nai_Calus
Jun 22, 2004, 06:53 PM
Yes, it does make it look more exciting than it is. XD And it lies! Where's my Delsaber?!

Hmm, well, for an example, with Final Fantasy VII, you can set the options so that it will use a fixed camera angle in battles, or switch the camera angles. One makes it easier to keep track of things, one makes it more varied and interesting. *shrug*

PJ
Jun 22, 2004, 06:57 PM
Guess you're right ^_^;;;

As you always turn out to be... *mumble grumble*

Bradicus
Jun 22, 2004, 07:05 PM
Since i don't really think that Ep I&II and III can be compared, i won't respond to that. The windwaker stuff i will comment on...

Me? I liked the game. The new sword combos and exploration aspect were truely incredible. I wasn't a fan of that whole "A button counter", but i could see past it.
My only real beef was that the constant sailing killed any chance of me completing the game with the colour camera -and thereby quashing my chances of getting all of the heart containers-. I loved it the first time through, but couldn't stomach another go.

All in all, i commend Nintendo for its brass testicles. It takes guts to tinker so artisticly with a classic.

DarthFomar
Jun 22, 2004, 07:11 PM
On 2004-06-22 17:05, Bradicus wrote:
All in all, i commend Nintendo for its brass testicles. It takes guts to tinker so artisticly with a classic.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Much agreed Bradicus.......innovation *especially with a classic* is always a ballzy thing to achieve. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

As for EP III.....never played it.........I hear it is fun though. I may play it in the near future. Who knows. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Outrider
Jun 22, 2004, 07:20 PM
Wait, I'm a little confused. Ian, you know you can change the camera angle in Episode III with the C-stick, right? What you're complaining about is that that simply isn't enough?

PJ
Jun 22, 2004, 07:24 PM
He's complaining when an action is performed. You know, when they say "Defense," and you can play a defense card?

Maybe?

InfinityXXX
Jun 23, 2004, 12:29 AM
hahahahaha You people are so funny. Always fighting, nickpicking at someone, well here are my 2 centS, If crow hates windwaker and ep.3 then let him. Its his life and opinion and we can't change that. Personally, ep.3 is my fav game and windwaker had bad character designs but it had a great storyline and great graphics.

InfinityXXX
Jun 23, 2004, 12:30 AM
hahahahaha You people are so funny. Always fighting, nickpicking at someone, well here are my 2 centS, If crow hates windwaker and ep.3 then let him. Its his life and opinion and we can't change that. Personally, ep.3 is my fav game and windwaker had bad character designs but it had a great storyline and great graphics.

InfinityXXX
Jun 23, 2004, 12:30 AM

navci
Jun 23, 2004, 01:31 AM
Triple post isn't very funny. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Outrider
Jun 23, 2004, 01:45 AM
On 2004-06-22 23:31, navi wrote:
Triple post isn't very funny. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Oh, let him have his ego boost. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

SJ
Jun 23, 2004, 02:42 AM

shut up lame fool.
I&II is not a classic.
you're saying we cant disagree, dont make a rant like this, about 95% will disagree.
I hate SSBM and Luigis mansion but I dont make a rant because I dont wanna look like a fucktard, not many will agree.
Seriously if you dont expect people to have an opinion and just agree with you, what the hells the point in ranting? dumbass....

SJ
Jun 23, 2004, 02:53 AM
On 2004-06-22 23:45, Outrider wrote:

On 2004-06-22 23:31, navi wrote:

Oh, let him have his ego boost. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

lol..
I dont see how anyone is so impatient to triple post

Eihwaz
Jun 23, 2004, 03:38 AM
You must be one of those "OMG CELDA SUX BALLZ LOLZ" people. -__-

Oh, lord. Time for me to go on a Zelda-Fanboy rampage. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Personally, I really enjoyed Windwaker. True, I would've prefered realistic graphics, but the cel-shading in Windwaker was beautiful. Just breathtaking.

The fighting system was simple, but effective. Being able to pick up enemy weapons was highly-touted, but wasn't that big a deal. Although, seeing Link weild a massive spiked club is highly amusing. XD

Sidequests were plentiful. Music was excellent, as well.

I only had a couple complaints. Firstly, it was too easy. I obliterated the entire game in about a week, without dying once. And even with near maxed-out equipment. The enemies were smarter than in OoT, but still easy to slay.

Had enough? Too bad, I gotta go on about storyline stuffs. XD

I'm fairly sure than the WW Link is NOT the same as OoT Link, primarily becuase WW takes place hundreds of years after OoT. Also, in WW, the talk of the "Great Hero" or something like that, who wore green, kicked ass with Master Sword, etc.

While researching story-info for Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link, I seem to recall reading that all Princesses of the Hyrule monarchy were to be named "Zelda". That makes me think that the WW Zelda is simply the next in line.

Again, I'm pretty sure the King of Red Lions (The Boat) is only controlled by the King, and isn't the King in disguise. I could be wrong, I suppose.

Ep3, I haven't played, but I doubt I will. Ian tells me it's highly boring offline, and I have Blue Burst online...

Meh, I'd rather get Four Swords Adventures or Tales of Symphonia. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Fyrin
Jun 23, 2004, 07:32 AM
What is wrong with PSO Episode 3?

DruidMettool
Jun 23, 2004, 09:30 AM
Back in 1991, you people wouldn't be complaining about the quality of video games. Since all games were basically the same back then.

Don't spoil yourselves with gaming "quality"

Mr_Crow
Jun 23, 2004, 02:51 PM
ryt.....
Well i do hope Phantasy star universe is GREAT and online......

Aunt_Betty
Jun 23, 2004, 02:53 PM
It betetr be onlinez.

Mr_Crow
Jun 23, 2004, 02:57 PM
if it isnt online im gunna kick every one who worked on the game in the face....

Scejntjynahl
Jun 23, 2004, 03:00 PM
On 2004-06-23 12:57, Mr_Crow wrote:
if it isnt online im gunna kick every one who worked on the game in the face....

Just dont buy it.

Mr_Crow
Jun 23, 2004, 03:03 PM
Don't be a dick

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Prof_Frink on 2004-06-23 13:57 ]</font>

Zzzzzz
Jun 23, 2004, 03:15 PM
Eh, WW was great and had plentiful side-quests, but the whole sailing thing just kinda made me bored. out of all three, I say I liked Majora's Mask the best, and to me, the greastest RPG game I've played. And I have played alot of them.

teflon
Jun 23, 2004, 03:17 PM
WTF. He was just telling you that if you don't like it, don't buy it. Learn how to control yourself.

Mr_Crow
Jun 23, 2004, 03:19 PM
nnnaaawwww Links awakenin is the best zelda game ever made

KodiaX987
Jun 23, 2004, 03:25 PM
Everyone, I have a public service announcement.

http://www.geocities.com/mistertabarnak/stfu.txt

First mod to come here better lock this sorry excuse for a thread.

Mr_Crow
Jun 23, 2004, 03:32 PM
What the devil?

Cowboy
Jun 23, 2004, 03:35 PM
On 2004-06-23 13:03, Mr_Crow wrote:
christ u cant even have a joke without some schmoe comin in and pissin on your chips

dick

the fuck is with the flaming?

Sonic team continuously has put out good and bad games,and alot of people were dissapointed with ep3.

Anyways, as of now, all psu is, is a movie, so why worry about it? =/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cowboy on 2004-06-23 13:38 ]</font>

Mr_Crow
Jun 23, 2004, 03:39 PM
u see......i love PSO I & II its brill
better thn real life , well most games are, but still
ill cry if PSU smells like a fetid foreskin