PDA

View Full Version : Summer Vacaton.

CGoodness
Jun 24, 2004, 10:49 AM
I CAN'T STAND IT!

School's out, which is great, but I am bored as hell now. There's nothing to do at my house, none of my friends are ever home, I'm not even old enough to have a car and go to the mall or smoething... I'm home alone all day everyday all fricking summer.
I can't even play PSO cuz my GCN is messed up... It does the clicky/internal error thing ONLY WITH MY PSO GAMES. and I've beaten and completely cleaned out everything else I have many times.. I literally sit and do nothing all day. FOR FUCKS SAKE, I DON'T EVEN HAVE CABLE!
Sorry about that, It's been building up for all 4 days of summer vacation I've had so far.

Anyone else in the same boat as me?

ABDUR101
Jun 24, 2004, 10:58 AM
No, I work, and am putting forth some effort into the construction of a massive new room on to the house.

Sadly, three of my nephews are here constantly over the summer. I think in the last two weeks of summer vacation, the little shits went home four days.(and thats only because the oldest one haphazardly planted his foot right down on a nail when he was asked to hold a board down so nails could be hammed out of it, HAH)

Go outside, go for a walk, find something on tv, bring out the older systems if you have any, do some chores and earn enough money for a new game or system.

Nothing is just going to magically pop up for you to do.

CGoodness
Jun 24, 2004, 11:01 AM
You got a point... I sold all my old system for GCN stuff, cept I still have a PSX, but only for DDR, and my stupid pads are worn out.
I think I'll try to get a job... I'm only 14, though, does anyone know any places that hire at 14? I think Wegmans hires stockboys at 14, but I'm not sure.

ABDUR101
Jun 24, 2004, 12:09 PM
I doubt you'll be able to get a real job at age 14, I think you need to be atleast 15 in most places and have your parents consent to work.

I think your best bet would be to mow lawns, sell lemonade.....or whatever it is younger kids do to make money. I don't know, there wasn't a chance to go out and make money when I was your age. o_O

astuarlen
Jun 24, 2004, 12:15 PM
Go to the library and pick up some books! Reading is fun, and it's good for your brain. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif If you don't know where to start, you can check out your local library's website, as they often put up lists of "summer reading" books. I usually check out the recommended lists at the Barnes and Noble or Amazon websites for ideas, too. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif There are tons of books out there just waiting to be read by you!

Cowboy
Jun 24, 2004, 12:19 PM
The key to finding a job when youre younger then 15?

Have no shame.

Ask EVERYONE you know, and tell them to ask aroubd something is bound to turn up. and if youre totally bored, got a park, some other friends, pes, anything? Heck, read a book or draw.

or if youre allowed to, download some free online games, like gunbound or continuum, subspace. they can be alot of fun. ill get the links ib a bit...

LINKS

http://www.subspacehq.com
http://www.gunbound.net/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cowboy on 2004-06-24 10:22 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Jun 24, 2004, 03:41 PM
Note that at 14, most of your ability to actually find something to do depends on whether or not your parents give a flying fuck about you.

Going to the library is all good and well, but what if he's in a situation like I was at that age, stuck in the suburbs with the nearest library 20 miles away? You can only get so far on even a bike(Hell, I literally cannot safely ride a bike - I can't balance myself because of the way my vision is. Even driving is dicy and I largely pray that other drivers will pick up the slack of what I myself am incapable of percieving)...

Of course, depending on where you live, even the suburbs can produce their share of excitement. The one I live had nothing in reasonable walking distance except a gas station, but it was backed up against the hills. There was a path that ran along the entire back of it all, paved, that was virtually unused, and there were some nifty things to be found there. The old abandoned house, the place where a stream came down out of the hills and vanished into a drain and you could clamber down some rocks to get to it and sit by it with your feet in the water, the fallen tree in the middle of a stand of eucalyptus you could lie on and look up at the sky through the trees(City curfews be damned, guess where I was at 3am half the time http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )... Heck, you could even get through a gap in the fence seperating the hills and follow that stream for a mile or so before you got to a point where it was a waterfall and it was too steep to climb to follow it anymore. That was kind of a stupid thing to do, though, it'd probably be a week before they found you if something happened back there, heh.

But... Well, assuming you live somewhere where you've got places to explore, go explore. If you live in walking/biking distance of fun places like libraries or museums or can get your parents to drop you off, make use of them. Find the fun stuff. It's there. You don't have to be inside all day, y'know. And allergies are no excuse, I have 'em real bad and I used to go blithely tramping through grass that gave me a rash as I went, and I didn't even care. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

CGoodness
Jun 24, 2004, 07:55 PM
I get good grades in school (98 overall) but I absolutely hate reading... I can never hold me interest. As for "exploring"... nothing to do in that department. Thanks for the suggestions, though. I think I'll just go for getting a job. I'm pretty sure Wegman's does hire at 14. That way I'll have money to play DDR with my friends every weekend. lol. I'm getting better! (AA on Tsugaru Heavy in the arcade for anyone else that plays)