PDA

View Full Version : My school sucks !!

Firocket1690
Jun 25, 2004, 02:39 AM
o.O

A bit late, but whatever.

Three days ago, I graduated elementry school (8th)

Teachers are being asses and won't give out grades and etc until graduation. Valedictorian beat me by 0.86 final average..

.. and WHY? Extra credit is evil.
Extra credit should burn in the depths of hell.

meh~ I was just flipping through my yearbook and reminded me of it again http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

EJ
Jun 25, 2004, 02:51 AM
You should know that every school has teachers that suck but few have cool teachers http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

RFB
Jun 25, 2004, 07:14 AM
In my opinion, it is more like "All schools have a lot of teachers that suck, a very few that are good and/or cool"

Link00seven
Jun 25, 2004, 09:58 AM
Elementary School ended in 8th grade?! O_o You guys must not have a middle school/junior high, lol.

Anyway, expect crappy teachers all through school. I've run into my fair share...

Scejntjynahl
Jun 25, 2004, 10:17 AM
Got beat by less than 1 point? Do they even put that to consideration? Couldnt they have a tie? So much for teaching equality... shees.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 25, 2004, 10:56 AM
Surely (http://www.therecollectionsaga.com/Media/BeachBoys-BeTrueToYourSchool.mp3), if you were that close to being Valedictorian, you're mature enough to understand that though your grades were close, he still came in higher. After all, if a running comes in a hundred milliseconds before another runner, they don't ignore the first runner and proclaim the second to be the winner.

You did well, you got close, and though you'll only bring home the Silver Medal, you've still got the entire class behind you, save for 1 person. That'll reflect well, later on. Your emphasis should be on learning, not being Valedictorian.

Scejntjynahl
Jun 25, 2004, 11:01 AM
But its a school, not a marathon... School supposed to teach ideals, and make you a better person to fit in society. Not to allieanate you... nm, I keep forgetting schools dont actually do that.

Bradicus
Jun 25, 2004, 11:32 AM
On 2004-06-25 08:56, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
Surely (http://www.therecollectionsaga.com/Media/BeachBoys-BeTrueToYourSchool.mp3), if you were that close to being Valedictorian, you're mature enough to understand that though your grades were close, he still came in higher.

That... and it was just the 8th grade.

Until your math problems involve more than 10 steps, and final exams last two hours plus, you need not worry about such things.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 25, 2004, 11:49 AM
On 2004-06-25 09:32, Bradicus wrote:

Until your math problems involve more than 10 steps, and final exams last two hours plus, you need not worry about such things.

Heh... When I graduated 8th grade, finals involved being able to play 5-Card Draw with your buddy, after getting the stage set up in the classroom...

ABDUR101
Jun 25, 2004, 11:51 AM
Heh, I'd think the school did the right thing by keeping it fair. There is no "equality" when it comes to first and second in grades or a speed run trial. She came in second, she was shown as such.

Harsh reality, you don't get handed something you didn't ultimately earn. Even if you were off by a much less margin, I'd hope they did'nt just put someone up with the person who did get the best.

You worked hard and you got where you did, congrats. They just worked harder.

Whatever happened to being thankful for what you got and for what others did as well? School isn't a fricken race, you go, you learn, the end.

Besides, maybe in the coming years this will drive you to do as much as you can if a mere title in school is what you're going for?

geewj
Jun 25, 2004, 11:55 AM
On 2004-06-25 09:49, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

Heh... When I graduated 8th grade, finals involved being able to play 5-Card Draw with your buddy, after getting the stage set up in the classroom...

Mine involved movies and donuts.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 25, 2004, 11:59 AM
On 2004-06-25 09:55, Prof_Frink wrote:

On 2004-06-25 09:49, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

Mine involved movies and donuts.

You should've seen what the next day was like. No one went home dry, that day.

Nai_Calus
Jun 25, 2004, 04:36 PM
Wah, I didn't get the highest grades, wah, my life is ruined, wah, the other guy beat me by nearly an entire point, wah.

Big. Fricking. Deal. Especially since it was fricking middle school. >_>

agenevil
Jun 25, 2004, 07:38 PM
Put it this way.

Wah, I lost my Rati collection that I worked so hard for, wah, my life is ruined, wah.

If you work hard enough for a whole damn year (technically like 9-10 months but who cares) to be the best, you'll definately be somewhat disappointed to not come in first. And the way I take it, Firocket wasn't bawling or throwing a fit, just feeling let down.

I'm glad to hear you came so close to being first, Firocket. I'm so jealous of you. If anything, I have lost all motivation for anything, beit games or school.
(I used to be all A student, this year I don't even know if I passed a few classes... but I was put a year ahead http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif still no excuse for not doing well http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif )

So just keep in mind that you still did pretty damn good, and shit happens.

ABDUR101
Jun 25, 2004, 08:36 PM
On 2004-06-25 17:38, agenevil wrote:
So just keep in mind that you still did pretty damn good, and shit happens.

Exactly. You did good, congratulations. Hopefully you continue to be hard working in the future, thats what matters, not whatever title or award you're given.

_Ted_
Jun 25, 2004, 10:03 PM
On 2004-06-25 14:36, Ian-KunX wrote:
Wah, I didn't get the highest grades, wah, my life is ruined, wah, the other guy beat me by nearly an entire point, wah.

Big. Fricking. Deal. Especially since it was fricking middle school. >_>

Aren't you just a well of sympathy?

Look on the bright side Firo, if you had made Valedictorian you would have to give a speech at graduation......or is that just in high school? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Solstis
Jun 25, 2004, 11:05 PM
I am continually shocked by the varying levels of graduation.

Highschool.

College.

Life (when you die, lol)

That should be it! In my distorted and biased opinion.

AUTO_
Jun 26, 2004, 04:38 AM
On 2004-06-25 18:36, ABDUR101 wrote:
Hopefully you continue to be hard working in the future, thats what matters, not whatever title or award you're given.

True, but companies love titles.

Bradicus
Jun 26, 2004, 04:38 PM
On 2004-06-26 02:38, AUTO_ wrote:

Hopefully you continue to be hard working in the future, thats what matters, not whatever title or award you're given.

The employee of the month at your local Micky D's sure thinks does.

Outrider
Jun 26, 2004, 04:56 PM
On 2004-06-26 02:38, AUTO_ wrote:

Still, I hardly think they'll care what title you got when you graduated from middle school.

Squeege
Jun 30, 2004, 07:36 PM
Meh. What's happened happened. If you can't change it, dismiss it. That's my motto. Congrats to you if you get a say in something though.

InfernoNR7
Jun 30, 2004, 09:00 PM
On 2004-06-25 08:56, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
Surely (http://www.therecollectionsaga.com/Media/BeachBoys-BeTrueToYourSchool.mp3), if you were that close to being Valedictorian, you're mature enough to understand that though your grades were close, he still came in higher. After all, if a running comes in a hundred milliseconds before another runner, they don't ignore the first runner and proclaim the second to be the winner.

You did well, you got close, and though you'll only bring home the Silver Medal, you've still got the entire class behind you, save for 1 person. That'll reflect well, later on. Your emphasis should be on learning, not being Valedictorian.

Yet, in school, some teachers give EC (Extra Credit) while others don't, and some teachers are stricter in their grading and discipline measures than others. in Elementery schools, everyone has the same clases, just different teachers (from my understanding), so that could be the deciding factor.

Myopathy
Jun 30, 2004, 11:54 PM
I will tell you this because it is 100% true. By the end of your freshmen year in high school, NOBODY will give a rat's ass about anything you did in middle school.

After your first year in college, NOBODY will give a rat's ass about anything you did in high school.

Rinse and repeat.

You did great. I personally didn't even know they ranked people in middle school. To be ranked second in middle school is GREAT and you should not feel disappointed at all if you lost that 1st spot because later on down the road, nobody will be looking at that.

KaFKa
Jul 1, 2004, 12:54 AM
firo, you graduated, be happy... (this coming from a HS dropout)