PDA

View Full Version : The way the Toonami line-up should be...

FinalMasterM
Jun 4, 2002, 02:21 AM
4.0 - Hamtaro
4.5 - Sailor Moon
5.0 - Robotech
5.5 - Gundam Wing
6.0 - Dragon Ball
6.5 - Dragon Ball Z

Don't know why in the hell its cool to them to show SM at 3.5 then show Power Puff Girls in the middle of Toonami, I'm getting sick of PPG and Scoobydoo, both are on different channels now and are shown on CN atleast 4 times a day.

Last_Saiyan
Jun 4, 2002, 10:56 AM
Mine would look like this:

Dexter's Lab: 4 hours
DBZ: 4 hours
Thunder cats: 4 hours
Samurai Jack: 4 hours

jello44
Jun 4, 2002, 12:30 PM
I'd rather have SM on at 4 durng Toonami, screw the powerpuff girls. Well it is kinda good that it is on at 3:30 cause then I have SOMETHING to watch before I go to work.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 4, 2002, 12:46 PM
Is bloody hell cool Gundam Wing even on anymore? Why did they cut that amazing show after the first running was through? I mean people didn't watch every episode and reruns rule over that aspect. And where is the Endless Waltz movie? I need to tape the darn thing after missing it two times now.

Ash1ey
Jun 4, 2002, 01:24 PM
i think it should be:

4pm Sailor moon
4:30 reboot
5pm dragonball z
5:30 gundam wing
6pm tenchi muyo
6:30 outlaw star

the old classic line up http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif except i took batman out and replaced it with outlaw star http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

TeamPhalanx
Jun 4, 2002, 01:28 PM
Dispite some of the questionable content, I'd go with:

4.0 Dragonball
4.5 Sailor Moon (R/S)
5.0 Dragonball Z
5.5 Macross Plus/Love Hina
6.0 Cowboy Bebop
6.5 Evangelion

FinalMasterM
Jun 4, 2002, 01:33 PM
On 2002-06-04 11:28, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Dispite some of the questionable content, I'd go with:

4.0 Dragonball
4.5 Sailor Moon (R/S)
5.0 Dragonball Z
5.5 Macross Plus/Love Hina
6.0 Cowboy Bebop
6.5 Evangelion

Evangelion will never been shown on cable TV, just ain't gonna happen. Taking Cowboy Bebop and putting it in Toonami would hurt Adult Swim and Love Hina was one of my picks for next Adult Swim anime, to replace Candidate for Goddess.

I'm gonna rip the old openings to Toonami, back when they had Johnny Quest and Robotech off my old VSH tapes, cuz they rocked...

Ash1ey
Jun 4, 2002, 01:38 PM
putting cowboy bebop on toonami would also hurt the show... seeing cowoby bebop edited for ages less then 13 would be not fun to watch

TeamPhalanx
Jun 4, 2002, 02:00 PM
Viewers should not be denied some of the best anime ever made! Every time someone says that DBZ is one of the best anime, I'm like O_o;

Ash1ey
Jun 4, 2002, 02:15 PM
On 2002-06-04 12:00, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Viewers should not be denied some of the best anime ever made! Every time someone says that DBZ is one of the best anime, I'm like O_o;

i agree with the DBZ part, its far from being the best anime imo.

goldman
Jun 4, 2002, 03:38 PM
they need outlaw star on

and also robotech again and they NEED TO show the thrid saga with teh invid

XBOX_JEDI
Jun 4, 2002, 04:30 PM
I never saw robotech but I have seen macross.
They played gundam wing like 3-4 times i think.

TeamPhalanx
Jun 4, 2002, 08:15 PM
They'll probably run Gundam Wing again sometime down the road. Say a few years from now so it would seem more fresh to the audience.

I do wish that they ran the other Gundams as well. I mean, they've only aired wing, the original, and 08th MS team. There's a whole lot left in the Gundam universe.

They shouldn't put anything American made on Toonami, but, that's just me.

goldman
Jun 4, 2002, 10:19 PM
they aired 0080 war in the pocket on midnight run only with two runs of it

and 0083 on saturday adult swim currently in teh scond ruin of it

all they need next is at least gundam zeta

Robert_Garcia
Jun 5, 2002, 01:24 AM
Heres what I think the schedule should be:

4pm : Tenchi Muyo!
4:30: Gundam Wing
5pm : Zoids
5:30: Zoids: Chaotic Century
6pm : Dragonball
6:30: Dragonball Z

If yo havent seen Zoids:CC, its on WAY early in the moring, around 6 or 7. I saw a few eps if it and I think its kinda cool.

Or beter yet, have CN gather up all the action cartoons and Anime they can get their grubby hands on, and make a Toonami Channel. That way, everyone's fave Anime/Show can be on Toonami and good times will be had by all. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Robert_Garcia on 2002-06-04 23:29 ]</font>

Ash1ey
Jun 5, 2002, 05:30 AM
Or beter yet, have CN gather up all the action cartoons and Anime they can get their grubby hands on, and make a Toonami Channel. That way, everyone's fave Anime/Show can be on Toonami and good times will be had by all. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Robert_Garcia on 2002-06-04 23:29 ]</font>

that is a very good idea.. to bad theyll never do it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Psylocke
Jun 5, 2002, 06:15 AM
Why, for the love of god, do so many people want Dragonball and Dragonball Z???

I don't get it! What's the appeal? The artwork is bad enough to make me wanna stick a pen in each eye and pull ou my eyeballs just so I don't ever have to suffer seeing it again! And if you can SOMEHOW (though I don't know how) get past the atrocious art, the layout and plotline is seriously lacking (what I gathered from the few times I've been forced to sit and watch)...

So what the heck is the big appeal?

I just...I don't get it!!

disclaimer: this was not meant to offend anyone; just voicing my opinion so don't get huffy people!
Besides it's my birthday! *grin*

FinalMasterM
Jun 5, 2002, 06:36 AM
On 2002-06-05 03:30, Steve II wrote:
that is a very good idea.. to bad theyll never do it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

They did think about it, about 2 years ago, remember the 24hour Toonami thing they held? Well it stank, so they probably won't attempt it again for a few more years. Also the shows won't be all Anime, toonami was never ment to be "All Anine" so far Saturday Adult Swim is the only program to be all Anime on CN. So we'd get stuck with old Space Ghost, Birdman, and all those other shows shown before Sailor Moon, Robotech and Dragon Ball. *Couldn't stand it if they brought Real Adv. of Johnny Quest, back*

TeamPhalanx
Jun 5, 2002, 10:51 AM
DBZ is a huge ratings graber. I doubt a lot of people that watch toonami have seen other (better) anime. In terms of just raw action/fighting, DBZ does rank up there.

ABDUR101
Jun 5, 2002, 11:10 AM
They put DBZ on Toonami because it's an attention getter for the kids who watch Cartoon Network. Think about it, it has tons of action, alot of animated fighting, special powers, aliens, monsters, its perfect for getting kids attention.

Sure, most people who only get their anime from Cartoon Network think its one of the greatest things ever, but only because they don't know that there are better things out there. I myself like a GOOD story with my anime, I want to get attached to the characters. In DBZ, that doesn't happen, because everytime one of the damn characters die, they are just reincarnated sooner or later.

Give me an anime where most of the main characters are being killed left and right, and I'll give you a happy man crying like a baby.

Sojo
Jun 5, 2002, 07:02 PM
I think CNshould show the Unedited versions of their Animes late at night.

Over here all you get is episodes of crap cartoons with signing for the deaf.

Even better would be if they could run through one entire saga of Dragon Ball Z without once stopping it and then starting from the very beggining again the next day!

The ammount of times they showed you Android 17 driving that damned van was insane!
And now they're doing the same by showing you Gohan getting revived by Kibito over and over and over!

AAAAARRRGH!!

Robert_Garcia
Jun 5, 2002, 10:17 PM
I like the Dragonball and DBZ, but theyre not my faves. Im more of a fan of the Fatal Fury anime series.

And as for Toonami not having their own channel, that just plain sucks...

SorceressofTime
Jun 6, 2002, 07:16 AM
over here they're playing evangelion on CN but on adult swim. im not sure if its been censored but... eh... its been showed on one of the normal channels at night on the weekends around 2 or 3 years ago.

oi! and dont mock DBZ! >_< ive seen many other animes and i have to say that DBZ is one of my favs - also that i do martial arts it appeals to me.

ah but i say that toonami should play the record of lodoss war series. that'll be cool. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

LordDez
Jun 6, 2002, 09:53 AM
Toonami! Yay!... *cough*
Here's mine:
3:00 - Macross/Robotech
3:30 - Turn-A Gundam (I think that's it...)
4:00 - Outlaw Star (Great show)
4:30 - Trigun (Maybe)
5:00 - Lodoss War
5:30 - Invader ZIM! (It's on the stupidest channel right now)

^_^

Sion
Jun 6, 2002, 11:19 AM
-_- the bad thing about toonami, is that they never pass the whole dragon ball and DBZ series complete =/, every time they re run it again and again -_- gets tiresome (good thing I saw them all xD including DBGT but in spanish which im seeing it again)

what sucks, is that they will never be able to put, original, non-edited anime on toonami because of the censors =/, and anime all screwed up -_- (like CCS or Yu-Gi-Oh, or name it any anime that they took away their originality) sucks =/

ZOids:CC is really the first Zoids series(in case no one knew) the one we watch called mm ZOids is called Zoids/Zero xP

i just want them to re run gundam wing again that's it xP never got to see every episode ;_; and well Oo what's the deal with Hamtaro ? cuteness invasion ???

LordDez
Jun 7, 2002, 07:13 AM
Of course! It's the invasion of the cute-pokemon-like hamsters! Run! Hide the children!

ABDUR101
Jun 7, 2002, 07:37 AM
pfft, screw censored anime on TV, watching it on THEIR schedule, I'll buy my anime in bulk, boxsets.

Really, SAVE UP and buy the entire boxset. You can get some nice boxsets for $50-$80, and if you want the bigger anime boxsets, 6-9 DVD's, such as Cowboy Bebop, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Trigun, plan to pay $150-$250. I pre-ordered Cowboy Bebop before its release, and paid about $250 for it, now its in upwards of $350 and higher, depending on where you look.

Stop buying your damn bikes, GC's, X-box's and games, and you can afford to be an anime-whore like me!

...ah..now that felt good.

And don't whine to me about "oh I only get lunchmoney..". When I was in school, I saved my lunch money for months to buy what I wanted.

..damn..I feel really good now!

XD

For those who might have missed the general idea of this post, just move along and ignore it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Enjoy whats on anyways, I'll just *loads Cowboy Bebop into his DVD player*

Heero_Yuy0w0
Jun 7, 2002, 10:42 AM
okay lets see

Sailor Moon
Turn a gundam
ZZ gundam
Gundam X
Gundam Wing
Macross Plus
Outlaw Star
Trigun
Lodoss Wars
DB
DBZ
DBGT
Zoids
Zoids Zero
Invader Zim

I say Adult Swim should get a channel of there own. Just have Tom host it and show anime uncut 24/7.

Sojo
Jun 7, 2002, 10:55 AM
It's good that Cartoon Network are actually becoming a bit more relaxed about censorship.
In DBZ they're actually showing blood and wounds and severed limbs.
It used to be they even tried to avoid saying "Death" and "Die".

I really do like DBZ also for the reason that I study martial arts.

Wasn't really impressed with the Androids or Cell sags... Some of the fights were good, but the plot stank!

DB had some of the best stories, that's because back then Toriyama had more drive and all the ideas were fresh. At the Android/Cell bit in DBZ, the plot had no feeling behind it because at that point in his career, the T.V networks were saying, "Just keep drawing god-dammit! We want money!"

It's good that at least they showed other animes for a while, like the Tenchi series.

I preffer Muyo and Universe, but not In Tokyo! In Tenchi In Tokyo hummed! The characters were all messed up! Tenchi doesn't go for any girl! No matter who it is! That's part of the entire story common to that kind of Anime; regular guy gets surrounded by beautiful alien girls who all fight over him while he does nothing and they get into all sorts of adventures...

Falkon
Jun 7, 2002, 11:22 AM
Abdur: How about...I have parents that would eat me if I watched uncensored anime? That kinda gets in the way of my boxset buying. =P

FinalMasterM
Jun 7, 2002, 11:25 AM
On 2002-06-07 08:55, Sojo wrote:
It's good that Cartoon Network are actually becoming a bit more relaxed about censorship.

Wasn't really impressed with the Androids or Cell sags... Some of the fights were good, but the plot stank!

Thats because Akira T. was going to end DBZ right after Goku defeated Freiza, but since it was so popular he made up a plot to come afterwards and it just went downhill from there. DB does have a story, the fighting does get boring to watch when the same fight goes on for 4-10 episodes.

ABDUR101
Jun 7, 2002, 11:39 AM
On 2002-06-07 09:22, Falkon wrote:
Abdur: How about...I have parents that would eat me if I watched uncensored anime? That kinda gets in the way of my boxset buying. =P

Where I'm from, we call that being "shit out of luck". How old are you? 14, 15? Alot of anime has a 16 age limit anyways. Besides, if you watch R rated movies here in the US, you should explain to your parents that anime isn't as bad as some R rated movies here.

If you're NOT allowed to watch R rated movies either, then darn.

Ultimately, whats the difference between the edited-Cowboy Bebop and the un-edited Cowboy Bebop?

Not that much really, but its the little things that make it pleasant. Are your parents the kind that sit down and watch everything you watch?! I'm pretty sure they won't be sitting down and watching all the DVD's that are in the Cowboy Bebop boxset, or any other for that matter.

Go ahead and enjoy yer damn edited Toonami anime..it will tide you over until you become a man!

..sorry, could'nt refuse that XD

Falkon
Jun 7, 2002, 04:11 PM
On 2002-06-07 09:39, ABDUR101 wrote:

On 2002-06-07 09:22, Falkon wrote:

Where I'm from, we call that being "shit out of luck". How old are you? 14, 15?

I'm 15, but I turn 16 in a few days. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Alot of anime has a 16 age limit anyways. Besides, if you watch R rated movies here in the US, you should explain to your parents that anime isn't as bad as some R rated movies here.

If you're NOT allowed to watch R rated movies either, then darn.

Yes and No, depends on the movie. I got to watch Spriggan alone, and that's an R-rated anime movie.

Ultimately, whats the difference between the edited-Cowboy Bebop and the un-edited Cowboy Bebop?

Not that much really, but its the little things that make it pleasant. Are your parents the kind that sit down and watch everything you watch?!
Usually...only because Dad likes it too, and then mom watches to be around dad.

I'm pretty sure they won't be sitting down and watching all the DVD's that are in the Cowboy Bebop boxset, or any other for that matter.

You'd be surprised...

Go ahead and enjoy yer damn edited Toonami anime..it will tide you over until you become a man!

..sorry, could'nt refuse that XD

Yeah, or unless I can convince mom to back off...I can't even watch Adult Swim... -_-

ABDUR101
Jun 8, 2002, 01:35 AM
Happy birthday incase I miss it.

You got to watch Spriggan alone. That means they are putting more trust and responsibility on you. Every year they'll let you watch more and more stuff. I was 7 and 8 when I started watching R rated movies, because I had 4 siblings, all older than me, the youngest being 6 years older, so I was around all that stuff for quite a while.

And hey, thats great that your dad watches anime too man. I always have to watch anime alone because everyone else in the family thinks its weird/fucked up, they'd rather watch hunting or Jerry Springer :

But, thats ok, I enjoy being alone anyway, so its not that much of a big deal for me. Infact, I think I'd rather watch my anime alone anyway.

Enjoy the time you get to spend with your parents if you get along man, you'll eventually only have memories http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

LostHero
Jun 8, 2002, 02:23 AM
All of DBZ was planned out so I dunno wtf the whole after freiza shit is. Maybe you mean DBGT? Bleh I grew up on Dragonball it was my "saturday morning cartoon" back when I was a little tike before they came to america, buying all dem action figures from Jurong supermarket and all those ol' skool nintendo dbz games.

Falkon
Jun 8, 2002, 08:03 AM
On 2002-06-07 23:35, ABDUR101 wrote:
Happy birthday incase I miss it.

I was 7 and 8 when I started watching R rated movies, because I had 4 siblings, all older than me, the youngest being 6 years older, so I was around all that stuff for quite a while.

Hah, that reminds me to mention that I'm an only child, so my mom is extra mondo super protective...gets annoying sometimes.

But either way, soon as I finish my Dreamcast collection, I plan to go out and buy the Kenshin OVA or something...

ABDUR101
Jun 8, 2002, 08:30 AM
On 2002-06-08 06:03, Falkon wrote:
Hah, that reminds me to mention that I'm an only child, so my mom is extra mondo super protective...gets annoying sometimes.

Yeah, being the youngest isn't that nice. I can still hear my mother before EVERY damn fishing trip I've ever been on: "Stay away from the water, you'll fall in and drown!", "Don't fall in and drown!".

How the HELL am I supposed to fish if I'm not at the water? Common sense must have been given as charity to someone else's mother.

I like to scare her when I go ice fishing though! Great fishing tales when we come back.

"Jesus Christmas! He fell in under the ice, it took us 5 minutes to pull him out of the water and revive him!" XD

But either way, soon as I finish my Dreamcast collection, I plan to go out and buy the Kenshin OVA or something...

Blue Seed boxset, $47 at Amazon.com after shipping. It gets released the 18th of this month. Pre-ordered mine afew days ago.

*EDIT*
No, actually I'm not posting that place for anime, because then when I goto order an anime I want, all you damn people will have ordered it!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2002-06-08 06:33 ]</font>

Falkon
Jun 8, 2002, 08:36 AM
Yeah, I've heard blue seed is really good and on the not-so-pervish side of anime. Care to confirm that? =P

ABDUR101
Jun 8, 2002, 08:45 AM
On 2002-06-08 06:36, Falkon wrote:
Yeah, I've heard blue seed is really good and on the not-so-pervish side of anime. Care to confirm that? =P

haha, just get on ICQ and we'll talk.

I haven't seen Blue Seed, I saw its boxset on pre-order for $45 and ordered it. I'm like that, if I see something that sparks my interest, I'll buy it. I'm an impulse buyer, and 99.9% of the time I'm really happy with what I buy. Although if I ever goto the store I leave my money at home, otherwise I'll be much lighter money-wise.

Now..get on ICQ!

Falkon
Jun 8, 2002, 08:49 AM
~Bonks the status thing with a Squeaky Mallet~

Heh, I use trillian, so the dang ICQ status thingie always says I'm offline. I'm there, you just can't see me. o_o ~133t stealth haze~

[Edit: DIE TYPOES DIE!]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Falkon on 2002-06-08 06:50 ]</font>

Sojo
Jun 8, 2002, 08:44 PM
I used to get all my Anime vids from our Forbidden Planet store, along with all my Mangas.

But they're annoying me because the staff treat you as if you're the reason they never have sex, or something similar.

What I mean is they really don't go out of their way to help you; you ask them, "Do you have any Love Hina manga?" they say, "...Dunno." and get back to scratching their arses.

They stocked Hokuto Shin Ken, but only up to volume 7, he hasn't even fought Shin yet and they don't seem set on getting in any f the rest of the series; why not? We've bought all 7 volumes from them, don't they think we may just like the series and want to buy the rest...?

FinalMasterM
Jun 8, 2002, 10:50 PM
On 2002-06-08 00:23, LostHero wrote:
All of DBZ was planned out so I dunno wtf the whole after freiza shit is.

DBZ was suppose to end with Freiza dead and the mystery weither Goku survived or not, but because DBZ was much more popular than DB he contiuned the series. Aso for DBGT, it was made here in the states under the supervision of Akira, but as you can tell (by watching some DBGT) that he just wanted the thing to end.

FinalMasterM
Jun 8, 2002, 10:52 PM
On 2002-06-08 18:44, Sojo wrote:
What I mean is they really don't go out of their way to help you; you ask them, "Do you have any Love Hina manga?" they say, "...Dunno." and get back to scratching their arses.

Have you read the Love Hina mangas? I picked up vol.1 and started to read it (didn't have the cash to buy it) but I must say that it is got to be the funniest manga I've read.

Sojo
Jun 12, 2002, 11:38 AM
I've read bit of the mangas, and seen some hentai, it's not bad...

I picked that as an example because your picture there reminded me...

Sion
Jun 12, 2002, 11:47 AM
On 2002-06-07 09:25, FinalMasterM wrote:

On 2002-06-07 08:55, Sojo wrote:

Thats because Akira T. was going to end DBZ right after Goku defeated Freiza, but since it was so popular he made up a plot to come afterwards and it just went downhill from there. DB does have a story, the fighting does get boring to watch when the same fight goes on for 4-10 episodes.

that's why i kinda hated dbz >.< took a week just to do something damm... that's why i like Dragon ball or the beggining of Dragon Ball GT 'cause is more adventure and fun stuff and is funny too...altough DBGT in Baby's saga, super 17 saga and the dragon saga seem like a cheap copy of DBZ altough the fights don't last that long =/,that's why i like the dark star dragon balls saga http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif adventure hehe

Sojo
Jun 14, 2002, 07:22 PM
I can't find the topic where this discussion was happening, so I'll just say it here.

I did say that in the end of DBZ, the original idea was to have goku go mad and roam the Universe destroying Frieza's empire.

I know this is untrue, that goku was supposed to destroy himself as the first Super Saiyan did, but I thought that I'd get shouted at and contradicted more if I said he died, so I just made that bit up...

I've got a good site for DBZ music videos; they have good song choice and excellent content!
None of that Limp Bizkit/Linkin Park all the way keich!

It's called Majin Planet, anyone been there before?

I really would have preffered the Super17 fight to last longer! I've only seen wee bits of it and I think Super17 is the meanest looking guy they've ever had to face!