PDA

View Full Version : Photon Blast - Effect

DCKaz
Feb 20, 2001, 08:50 PM
We have the FAQ, even what Mags yield which blast (which I'm also suggesting *may* not be complete, see my other thread on digging deep).. but not what each blast does!

I personally haven't tried trading my Mags to other classes at critical points, nor weaning mine to make sure I tag certain Mag names for blasts.. but I'm thinking about doing that very thing with 6 Mags bored in the bank. So with a goal to make the FAQ more complete while becoming a better Mag farmer http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif I'm asking for everyone's help.

I'm at work and off-hand I really only know Terra Prime's results, but I'm guessing this could be finished very quickly with help. If you have a blast not listed.. ADD IT! and tell us what it does. Or if you note a Mag having a Photon charge that isn't already listed as such in the FAQ - I'm going from the list from it here.

Photon Blasts (see faq for mag matchup)
-------------
Pilla
Estlla
Maira&Yuura - Deband and Shifta (self)
Golla
Reira - Complete heal (self)
Maira
Faara

As you can see, the Forces list.. is.. well.. iffy. Since the mags can do Maira&Yuura for free for boss fights, and complete heal is simply a resta or 'mate click away.. these particular ones are of debatable usefulness. Of course since we area nuke one can argue those are two.. chuckles.. anyways a full list would better serve all of us Mag curious out there. I'm sure every class might enjoy this, indeed the androids might be quite happy with a long lasting shifta/deband buff NOT tied to boss fights alone, or a free complete heal every photon charge-up where they can reach it quicker than pretty much any class, while I find them disappointing as a FOmarl.

cheers,
DCKaz

ilian
Feb 20, 2001, 09:27 PM
yup.. I agree. Im level 49 with a level 163 mag, with the full heal and the shifta/debrans photon blasts, and they have never been usefull; not a single time. I have never, ever cared what my photon level was. Pretty dissapointing.

Danderdag
Feb 21, 2001, 05:06 AM
Golla= Dragon comes out and spins around. Area Effect fire attack
Faara= Big horse looking thing with two bat'leths on his head instead of horns (spikey klingon death thing from star trek). shoots lightning at a single enemy.

nozedive13
Feb 21, 2001, 12:03 PM
you can find all the photon blast effect on my MAG guide which can be found on gamefaqs.com or by emailed me.

DCKaz
Feb 21, 2001, 02:04 PM
Ok, that's the real reason I started this thread.. to hopefully get it added to your growing faq there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

good deal http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

cheers,
DCKaz

Aierylia
Feb 27, 2001, 05:03 AM
Actually, switch those around Danderdag.

Estila - Dolphin-like creature swims through the enemy. Hits all enemies in a line.

Farlla - Serpentine dragon flies in a circle and makes things go boom. Hits all enemies in a nearby radius.

Golla - Stag-like thingy attacks with lightning. Hits only one target. (I think it sucks.)

Pilla - Weird-looking thing that resembles a guy in a robe fires shots into the air that rain down on foes. Hits all enemies in a nearby radius, but larger than Farlla's I think. (My favorite! I'm pretty sure this one does the most damage. All enemies hit by it suffer a lot more damage each than I've seen with the others. Unlike the description the game gives, it hits everything, not just flying enemies.)