PDA

View Full Version : Here sheep here sheep sheep sheep sheep sheep!

anwserman
Jun 28, 2004, 11:11 PM
Sheep = my cousins.

I just went to my cousin's wedding in Staples, MN. At the reception that night, I vowed not to drink any alcohol... well, my tune changed at about being there for 6 hours, getting obnoxiously sick of Diet Coke. So, I got my mom to buy me a Smirnoff Ice to drink. I wasn't craving beer, and although a 7-Up or Sprite would have done the trick, I never drink any alcohol at all so it was a treat.

So I got it, and went over to the table where my two cousins from Fargo where, along with my cousin from Bessemer, which is 12 miles from my house.

"What the hell is that Jeff! Thats a girl drink! Get a Bud Light!"
My cousin from Bessemer takes it from my hands, drinks some of it and pours some on his shirt (he was drunk) and said, "It takes like fucking kool-aid!"
"Yeah, get some beer and be a man!"

So I sat there and stared at them and said, "Well if it means that much to you, buy me a Bud Light and I'll gladly chug it for ya." None of them took me up on my offer.

Also, with the whole sheep thing, there was a DJ. She was playing lame music earlier, but it got progressively better during the night. So, no one was really dancing and I said, "What the heck" so I started dancing. Then after a bit, I went over to same three cousins and asked why they weren't dancing, and they said that there wasn't any good music on... that J-Kwon's 'Tipsy' would be cool enough to dance to. So, they requested it. And about an hour or so later, it played. I was dancing again and noticed they weren't dancing. I sat there and thought, "They're too cool to dance." Lamers. Sheep.

Fucking morons with their Abercrombie clothing. For crying out loud, get a fucking LIFE and stop being so egotistical and worried about your fucking image you ignorant SHEEP.

Bah.

Solstis
Jun 28, 2004, 11:18 PM
On 2004-06-28 21:11, anwserman wrote:
Sheep = my cousins.

I just went to my cousin's wedding in Staples, MN. At the reception that night, I vowed not to drink any alcohol... well, my tune changed at about being there for 6 hours, getting obnoxiously sick of Diet Coke. So, I got my mom to buy me a Smirnoff Ice to drink. I wasn't craving beer, and although a 7-Up or Sprite would have done the trick, I never drink any alcohol at all so it was a treat.

So I got it, and went over to the table where my two cousins from Fargo where, along with my cousin from Bessemer, which is 12 miles from my house.

My cousin from Bessemer takes it from my hands, drinks some of it and pours some on his shirt (he was drunk) and said, "It takes like fucking kool-aid!"

So I sat there and stared at them and said, "Well if it means that much to you, buy me a Bud Light and I'll gladly chug it for ya." None of them took me up on my offer.

Also, with the whole sheep thing, there was a DJ. She was playing lame music earlier, but it got progressively better during the night. So, no one was really dancing and I said, "What the heck" so I started dancing. Then after a bit, I went over to same three cousins and asked why they weren't dancing, and they said that there wasn't any good music on... that J-Kwon's 'Tipsy' would be cool enough to dance to. So, they requested it. And about an hour or so later, it played. I was dancing again and noticed they weren't dancing. I sat there and thought, "They're too cool to dance." Lamers. Sheep.

Fucking morons with their Abercrombie clothing. For crying out loud, get a fucking LIFE and stop being so egotistical and worried about your fucking image you ignorant SHEEP.

Bah.

BAHHHH!

Unfortunately, I feel somewhat like a sheep too.

I rarely dance at a dj'ed function unless I am with friends. Alone... whew! I HATE being on the dance floor.

Drinks... meh, I don't know too much about 'em (about TOO many of them, anyway), but the word on the street is that Bud tastes like fermented crud.

Smir tastes good tho, lol.

Don't fall for the oppressive commercialized/conformist image!

But yeah, a LOT of people with refuse to do anything that they think would remotely damage their "image."

[edit]: *looks at his post*

Wow, that wasn't very coherent, was it?

Zzzzzz...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2004-06-28 21:33 ]</font>

Zzzzzz
Jun 29, 2004, 12:25 AM
*comes out of Solstis' avatar*
Eh, you called?

On Topic: Yeah, I went to my Uncle's wedding a couple months ago and "danced" (never took a dance class) with my 6-year-old cousin. What I mean by "dance," is swing her around in circles. A few non-dancers looked at me. One of them said "If you can't dance, don't dance at all."
I shrugged it off and continued "dancing".

Siris
Jun 29, 2004, 12:51 AM
Abercrombie clothing does not equal http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_sheep.gif thank you very much. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Sounds like those guys were jerks though, too bad you didn't pour the beer on them yourself instead of them spilling it though...that would have been a night to remember for sure!

geewj
Jun 29, 2004, 01:06 AM
I don't dance. It's not because it's the coolest thing to do. I just don't enjoy it. Why would someone not doing something they don't enjoy doing make them a sheep?

And what if they like bud light?

You know what, I like Cowboy Bebop. It just so happens that lots of people whom I interact with also like Cowboy Bebop. Is it cause we are all sheep? No, it's a damn good anime. And they might think it's a damn good beer.

If one of my freinds was watching Pokemon, I would probably say it's a dumb show and suggest Cowboy Bebop.

Now that doesn't excuse them for being an ass about it, but I wouldn't say it makes them sheep.

Superguppie
Jun 29, 2004, 03:13 AM
On 2004-06-28 21:11, anwserman wrote:

Well, apart from what I think of Smirnoff Ice. (I don't think much about that at all) These guys are the worst. Living close to Belgium, I've learnt the real meaning of the word Beer. If Smirnoff Ice is for girls, words fail me to describe anyone even considering Bud Light. When I read that for the first time I almost choked. Then I went into a minute of uncontrolable laughing. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
If anyone ever says "be a man" and "bud light" in one breath, best you can do is laugh at his face and leave.
I just try tasting everything to know if I like it. And I couldn't care less what people think about it. And believe me, Bud Light shouldn't even be called beer!

Armok
Jun 29, 2004, 08:07 AM
Isnt smirnoff ice attually higher % alcohol than Budweiser. Personally from going out experience alot of ppl refuse to dance mainly due to A, beings shit at dancing (how the hell do you ever expect to get good if you don't try) and B, not wanting to ruin their rep (Morons your at a wedding you don't have to keep up the cool stance all the time).

anwserman
Jun 29, 2004, 10:06 AM
Frink, it wasn't the fact that they didn't dance because they didn't feel like it, or drink Bud Light because it is their favorite beer...

They were too cool to dance or only drank Bud Light because it is the cool beer. Hence the "sheep" statement... sheep follow their leader blindly. If its cool to jump off a bridge, I'm sure they'd jump off it too.

Ness
Jun 29, 2004, 10:18 AM
Unfortunately, there are more sheep in this world than there are people that think for themselves. Personally, I don't care about what other people think. I like what I like and hate what I hate; society's opinion of it makes no difference to me.

Rich_T
Jun 29, 2004, 11:34 AM
next tinme your with them, get a double or tripple shot of whiskey/vodka/rum, with a splash of something in it ( lemonade/coke) , then turn the tables.

Armok
Jun 29, 2004, 12:17 PM
On 2004-06-29 09:34, Rich_T wrote:
next tinme your with them, get a double or tripple shot of whiskey/vodka/rum, with a splash of something in it ( lemonade/coke) , then turn the tables.

Agrees with ^ just show em up. Either dance amazing (if you can). Or get a seriously hardcore drink and flip/reverse their joke.

KodiaX987
Jun 29, 2004, 12:51 PM
For your information, I shall keep drinking Smirnoff Ice 'till the end of days and will gladly kick the nuts inside out of anyone who even remotely feels like making a smartass statement about what I drink. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Nisshoku
Jun 29, 2004, 01:15 PM
I'll drink whatever I choose do, and do whatever I choose. And if you don't like the way I carry on with my life, then you can go outside and screw yourself. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

astuarlen
Jun 29, 2004, 01:18 PM
Hear, hear, anwserman! If you're too cool to have fun, well, I guess that's your loss. Silly sheep, Trix are for kids, because kids...uh...know how to have fun? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Armok
Jun 29, 2004, 02:51 PM
Although on the flip side if everyone did their own thing and acted the way they wanted too without sheeping and following the rest of the pack then humanity would have probabily been wiped out by now. Can't have too many free thinkers you know

Daikarin
Jun 29, 2004, 03:25 PM
I don't dance, because I actually look like an idiot. (As far as I can remember, at least)

I'm serious here, some folks have in it to dance, but I honestly don't, so I just sit my butt on the spot and let the others do their show.

AUTO_
Jun 29, 2004, 10:49 PM
I'd like to clarify that dancing and rocking-out are two entirely different things.

opaopajr
Jun 30, 2004, 04:52 AM
i like smirnoff ice. it's tasty. i also prefer spaten for lagers and guiness for ales. newcastle is also a pretty good beer. someone telling me i should drink a bud light because it's the "in thing to do" can go ... drink bud light, or coors (eewww).

they can say all they want about sissy drinks, but i can guarantee you that apple martinis are gonna knock you on your tukus faster than them "manly" light beers. i'll gladly add an umbrella to my mai thai or pina colada; it's tasty and it's strong and i get a free "happy meal" toy. if they think they're all the shizznit for drinking watered down beer with little flavor because it's in a brown bottle, kudos for them. just have them leave me alone.

PS: dancing rocks, don't let anyone bring you down when you're having a blast. buzzkills aren't who you pay attention to when you are having fun; the cool fun people are.

Eihwaz
Jun 30, 2004, 03:37 PM
...those people sound stupid.

I've tasted beer, yuck, that stuff tastes like SHIT. How people can drink it...on the other hand, I've tasted a green apple martini.

Fucking tasty. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Mmm, stereotypes aren't fun. Next time, order something like a Hurricane to spite them. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Armok
Jun 30, 2004, 03:41 PM
On 2004-06-30 13:37, Eihwaz wrote:
...those people sound stupid.

I've tasted beer, yuck, that stuff tastes like SHIT. How people can drink it...on the other hand, I've tasted a green apple martini.

Fucking tasty. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Mmm, stereotypes aren't fun. Next time, order something like a Hurricane to spite them. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Beer isnt too bad after about 5 years of drinking it you taste buds are so used to the shitness of it that you think any kind of soft drink is too sweet and even start enjoying cabbage based foods.

Eihwaz
Jul 2, 2004, 12:20 AM
On 2004-06-30 13:41, Armok wrote:
Beer isnt too bad after about 5 years of drinking it you taste buds are so used to the shitness of it that you think any kind of soft drink is too sweet and even start enjoying cabbage based foods.

Yeah, but...

If it tastes gross to me, why would I continue to drink it for 5 years? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I'm not very social; I don't go to parties, etc. And if I did, I wouldn't drink.

Peer pressure of strangers doesn't work on me.

Outrider
Jul 2, 2004, 01:38 PM
On 2004-06-29 20:49, AUTO_ wrote:
I'd like to clarify that dancing and rocking-out are two entirely different things.

Yah... I don't dance, but at a concert, I'm definitely not just standing around.

On 2004-07-01 22:20, Eihwaz wrote:
I'm not very social; I don't go to parties, etc. And if I did, I wouldn't drink.

Peer pressure of strangers doesn't work on me.

Heh... at times I've actually been able to get people to not drink through peer pressure. It's amazing how easy it is to influence people when they care what others think.

Eihwaz
Jul 2, 2004, 02:59 PM
On 2004-07-02 11:38, Outrider wrote:
Heh... at times I've actually been able to get people to not drink through peer pressure. It's amazing how easy it is to influence people when they care what others think.

Good stuff.

Yeah, that's why it doesn't work on me, peer pressure. I don't give a damn what someone says unless they're a good friend. And even then, I don't bend to peer pressure. O_o;

Yay for me, I suppose.

Resist/Peer++ is my secret. o.o

InfinityXXX
Jul 2, 2004, 05:21 PM
You know, i had a freind that acts like your cousins.