PDA

View Full Version : Bands to watch for!

Psylocke
Jun 5, 2002, 06:26 AM
Very soon Yoshiki (the genius mastermind hunk behind JRock's truly legendary band X Japan) will be releasing an English album with his new band Violet UK on his record label Extacy Records. Yoshiki is an extremely talented drummer, pianist, lyricist, and producer and I highly recommend that everyone keep an eye out for his new band. Release date is as of yet unknown, but you can be sure I will keep you updated! *grin*

Also! Kozi from Malice Mizer (see my Visual Kei Band Mania thread for piccies of my darling Kozi) is in a new band called Eve of Destiny. They have an album due out in the next month, I believe it is, and although it is in Japanese and some of you may not go for that, I do recommend finding a song and giving them a shot (I'm already looking!). The big, big, BIG news from Eve of Destiny is a plan for a European and US tour! They have already played several venues in Germany and have a Halloween show scheduled Nov 1 in Switzerland, so there's a very good possibility that they WILL hit the US. If this happens, I highly recommend that you try to attend a concert (I know I sure as hell will! Kozi!!! *grin*) especially if you're into Goth, punk, or heavy metal as this band (so I've heard) is a mixture of all those. Plus, it'd just be damn cool to see a Japanese band live. JRock bands are known for extremely kickass live perormances and it's a must-have experience if you can get it.

So, there you have it. News that excited me and I love you all so much, I felt the need to share! *grin*

Last_Saiyan
Jun 5, 2002, 03:50 PM
Yay, XJapan rocks!!! If anyone is into a song that has haunting vocals, superb music composition, and you don't care if you don't understand Japanese then download Forever Love from XJapan. One of the best songs in my book so I can't wait for them to go english!!

ABDUR101
Jun 5, 2002, 03:58 PM
On 2002-06-05 13:50, Last_Saiyan wrote:
Yay, XJapan rocks!!! If anyone is into a song that has haunting vocals, superb music composition, and you don't care if you don't understand Japanese then download Forever Love from XJapan. One of the best songs in my book so I can't wait for them to go english!!

haha, thats why I put it in my Crying Session radio show. I loved that song the moment it came on at the end of "X". Wow..cried like hell and watched the entire credits just to hear the song. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ah...memories.

*gets ready to go offline as "Mirai Kouro" by La'Cryma Christi plays*

Last_Saiyan
Jun 5, 2002, 04:28 PM
Yeah, that song hits home if you ever got your heart 10 combo photon blasted, hey ABDUR, that reminds me...have you heard of Ichi Ban?!! If not, get that song!! Like I've told Psylocke, that song's so good it's been translated into every Asian Language and an English one by our lady Linda Tradang

WourmGirl
Jun 6, 2002, 12:45 AM
um... even though this has nothing to do with the mega-cool japanese bands that psylocke mentioned (and i hope she doesn't kill me for posting this) but um.. if you live in chicago, a band you might wanna keep an eye and ear out for is Jupiter Blue.. they kick all sorts of ass... and they don't suck! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Psylocke
Jun 6, 2002, 01:40 AM
*kills Wourmy*

So, Abdur...*looks over at Wourmy and smiles sweetly* I've heard of La'Crysma Christi, but never heard any of their stuff. They any good?

Oh, and Saiyan, it's not all of X Japan, just Yoshiki. It's a totally new band. However, it should still rock since Yoshiki was the lyricist and composed most of the music for X Japan.

WourmGirl
Jun 6, 2002, 05:54 PM
*raises from dead and looks menacingly at Psylocke*

If you didn't want anything but news of japan bands... make the thread subject JAPANESE bands to look for...

*smiles sweetly and gives Psylocke several cavaties in the process*

Psylocke
Jun 7, 2002, 12:53 AM
Nobody would look if I did that!!!

hehehe

And I were joking...however, I guess I should have specified that it's bands that haven't yet been in the US/released anything yet.

ABDUR101
Jun 7, 2002, 04:26 AM
On 2002-06-05 23:40, Psylocke wrote:
So, Abdur.. I've heard of La'Crysma Christi, but never heard any of their stuff. They any good?

Yeah, I've only heard "Mirai Kouro" from the anime Night Walker. I'll be putting some in a show that you might like, so..don't get it yet!.

Psylocke
Jun 7, 2002, 05:52 PM
On 2002-06-07 02:26, ABDUR101 wrote:

Yeah, I've only heard "Mirai Kouro" from the anime Night Walker. I'll be putting some in a show that you might like, so..don't get it yet!.

hehehe..okies. I shan't get it yet.

WourmGirl
Jun 9, 2002, 01:08 AM
why should it just be overseas bands?? I'm not dissing your thread or anything.. I'm just curious why you only want to give Japanese bands the push... There are lots of good looking bands brimming with good looking men here in Chicago! but then.. this IS you we are talking bout... heh... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Psylocke
Jun 9, 2002, 07:12 PM
Kathy...er...Wourmy, if you wanna push local bands or whatnot, start your own thread! I have nothing against local bands or little known bands here in the US, I just 1) Don't know any of them and 2) Have little to no interest in learning about them. If I see the singer of Jupiter Blue, maybe my tune would change. But the fact remains, this thread is to push Japanese bands...okay, I'll throw in Chinese and Korean, too...but not American!
Which brings me to my next point: Heard a Korean Hip-Hop/Pop group recently, H.O.T. They aren't bad. It's a little different and I had to listen to the song like 4 times before I decided that I liked it, but I think they are worth looking into. The song was "Outside Castle"; get it. And thanks to Sai-Yuk for pointing me in their direction.
If anyone has a...let's just generalize and say Asian...band that they think needs some recognition, post away!