PDA

View Full Version : GC Zelda

nosaJ
Jun 5, 2002, 05:10 PM
What do you Zelda fans think?

Balthor
Jun 5, 2002, 05:16 PM
frankly the celda/zelda look surprised me,but i dont like judging games by their looks,im sure it will be just as good as all the zelda games,if not better in terms of story and depth http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

nosaJ
Jun 5, 2002, 05:18 PM
If you want some movies (only 6-7 MB each) and screenshots, check out the News at http://www.zeldapower.com

Last_Saiyan
Jun 5, 2002, 05:47 PM
visually it has been a shocker but like Tediz said, different might be able to pull us into the world because 3-d seemed to be kinda like a common place thing. Nintendo's pretty good about their flagship products so I can't wait to see how they're going to pull this one off

rbf2000
Jun 5, 2002, 06:47 PM
It will be awsome, just like every other zelda game.

TinyGrendel
Jun 5, 2002, 07:24 PM
hmmmm

the cell shading fits zelda well, but his character model is a little.... elongated? anyone else think so?

LieutenantDwAnGStick
Jun 5, 2002, 08:16 PM
at first i was upset with the change of graphic but i knew i was guna get it anyways.. but now that i saw it at E3 i felt more better about it. so now i think its gunna be great, considering the fact im a fan boy.. and i know you people dont like my kind around here...

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Jun 5, 2002, 09:36 PM
All I have to say is "What the fuck!?" It looks like Jet Grind Zelda! Fuckin Nintendo retards....

rbf2000
Jun 5, 2002, 09:50 PM
On 2002-06-05 17:24, TinyGrendel wrote:
hmmmm

the cell shading fits zelda well, but his character model is a little.... elongated? anyone else think so?

I agree, but I think that once you start playing the game you won't even notice it.

LieutenantDwAnGStick
Jun 5, 2002, 09:50 PM
On 2002-06-05 19:36, _xX_Frosty_Xx_ wrote:
All I have to say is "What the fuck!?" It looks like Jet Grind Zelda! Fuckin Nintendo retards....

people like you miss out on great games b/c of its appearence.. and so far it makes JGRF look kinda meh.. but hey its my opinion

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Jun 6, 2002, 06:07 AM
I was just playing. Not like I can afford it anyway, I can't even get a GC....

Faris
Jun 6, 2002, 07:59 AM
I'll end up getting it anyway, but old link vs. new link:

http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/linkvslink_060302_1.jpg

and this:

http://cubemedia.ign.com/media/previews/image/zelda/zeldademo/zelda_in2.jpg

versus this:

http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/zeldagc_053102_in3.jpg

I'm not too happy about them changing it so much, but if the gameplay is good it'll be OK I guess...

TinyGrendel
Jun 6, 2002, 09:16 AM
On 2002-06-05 19:36, _xX_Frosty_Xx_ wrote:

Ummmm the cartoonish appearance fits zelda quite well. Jet Grind (set) Radio was the first i knew of to use cell shading, now it's wide-spread.

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Jun 6, 2002, 11:13 AM
On 2002-06-06 04:07, _xX_Frosty_Xx_ wrote:
I WAS JUST PLAYING. IT WAS A JOKE.

Sion
Jun 6, 2002, 11:24 AM
stop complaning =/

it's still Zelda, so it will be cool

Kent
Jun 6, 2002, 01:20 PM
Only a fool would judge a game by its looks.

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Jun 6, 2002, 02:23 PM
LOOK,
For the fifteenth time I WAS JUST PLAYING. And who the fuck are you to call me a fool? You don't even know me, so you have no right to judge me. You're the fool for taking me seriously when I clearly stated twice times I was just playing.

Deathscythealpha
Jun 6, 2002, 03:54 PM
Sadly because of the look of the new Zelda, i dont think it will do to well on the EU market. Kiddish Nintendo comes to mind.

But thats not MY opinion, its what i think others will think.I will probably get the new Zelda, even though the cell shading is a bit different to the other games. As long as its fun to play, i dont care.

nosaJ
Jun 6, 2002, 05:51 PM
On 2002-06-06 11:20, Kent wrote:

And the same thing with girls http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

LieutenantDwAnGStick
Jun 6, 2002, 10:02 PM
if they make another zelda after this (god willing) i hope it looks like the demo from Sace World 2000.. and they should delay it as much as they please..

just think what a game that would be..

Kent
Jun 7, 2002, 12:28 AM
On 2002-06-06 12:23, _xX_Frosty_Xx_ wrote:
LOOK,
For the fifteenth time I WAS JUST PLAYING. And who the fuck are you to call me a fool? You don't even know me, so you have no right to judge me.

Ooohhh, I'm sorry if I offended you, but in case you didn't notice, my previous post was directed at people who actually do think like that.

You're the fool for taking me seriously when I clearly stated twice times I was just playing.

I noticed that you said you were playing, thus the reason my comment was not directed at you.

Try reading and thinking before you take hostile action toward somebody who wasn't even talking to you.

FinalMasterM
Jun 7, 2002, 12:49 AM
Ok, before this gets into a flame-fest I will say that, YES, I will play the new Cel-da (that it has come to be known as). Zelda is Zelda in my book, just like Metriod is Metriod and even that switch from Platform to FPS doesn't have me worried at all about Nintendos future.

Sojo
Jun 7, 2002, 11:12 AM
I could judge that game by its looks; I'd find it hard to regard it seriously, depending on what the actual story line is...

It looks to me like it'll just be Mario64 but with a sword...

Why didn't they improve the image instead of devolving it? A Zelda that looks meaner and tougher and more action packed would have more wider appeal than a Zelda who looks like he'll be jumping on turtles and mushrooms and fluffy-pink clouds...

Jason
Jun 7, 2002, 12:22 PM
On 2002-06-07 09:12, Sojo wrote:
I could judge that game by its looks; I'd find it hard to regard it seriously, depending on what the actual story line is...

It looks to me like it'll just be Mario64 but with a sword...

Why didn't they improve the image instead of devolving it? A Zelda that looks meaner and tougher and more action packed would have more wider appeal than a Zelda who looks like he'll be jumping on turtles and mushrooms and fluffy-pink clouds...

Watch some movies. The gameplay isn't like Super Mario 64.

Ambrai
Jun 7, 2002, 03:23 PM
Going against the grain here. I will not play the new Zelda. The radical change of the looks just reinforces my thinking that most cube games are geared towards a younger croud.

These are just my observations.

rbf2000
Jun 7, 2002, 04:47 PM
I think the point of doing cel-shading was to take the emphasis off of the great graphics, and invest more time into the story and gameplay. I mean everybody these days says that gameplay is lacking in these new high polycount games, and when they go and focus their attention on the gameplay, everybody bitches about it...

TinyGrendel
Jun 7, 2002, 05:58 PM
On 2002-06-07 13:23, Ambrai wrote:
Going against the grain here. I will not play the new Zelda. The radical change of the looks just reinforces my thinking that most cube games are geared towards a younger croud.

These are just my observations.

/me rubs eyes

Is.. is.. is that you Ambrai?

Nerd
Jun 7, 2002, 06:05 PM
On 2002-06-06 15:51, nosaJ wrote:

On 2002-06-06 11:20, Kent wrote:

And the same thing with girls http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

psshh...ugly girls dont deserve love

the game looks like ass, but the bosses look sweet anyway..

Sojo
Jun 8, 2002, 08:58 PM
Cutting down on graphics to keep the emphasis on the gameplay??

That's stupid! Some games do have great graphics but feth-all story, yeah, but that's because they have bad writers.

Nintendo has access to good writers AND good graphics designers, so why couldn't they put them all to work together?

Great graphics doesn't instantly mean crap story...

Guile
Jun 8, 2002, 09:16 PM
Think it looks like shit...

its an opinion, don't bitch about a bitch

labratpat
Jun 11, 2002, 06:03 AM
I dunno about this one. I had heard it was supposed to be based on the original "Legend of Zelda", but who knows... Cel shading worked in JSR, but I'm not sure with an action/adventure/whatever category you slap Zelda in... of course I will still play it, but it doesn't seem like it'll be a keeper.

Ian D
Jun 12, 2002, 12:21 AM
Okay, I have something to say about this game. I am a pretty big Zelda fan so I've been looking up as much as possible and I've found out on this game you aren't even looking for Zelda, but your sister... or maybe it's a trick and Zelda is your sister. Who knows, but I don't think it's going to be very good with the story. At least the fighting looks good.