PDA

View Full Version : My school's policy!!

InfinityXXX
Jul 2, 2004, 02:58 PM
Man, the board of education for my school district is having a meeting on whether or not to take out our vending machines in the school. They have been planning this meeting for about 2 years but now there goin through with it! The parents(that are in the pta and have absolutely no life whatsoever so they live there life through their children from kindergarden till their senior year in high school) use the excuse that pops and chips and candy are making kids fat.

I'm so sick and tired of these darn parents usin this excuse and thinking they know us. I can understand takin the vending the machines out of elementry but out of high school!!!!!! I'm freakin 16 years old. In 2 years i'll be a grown man(well almost http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif) and their trying to treat me like some kind of 12 year old. Takin pops and other crap out of my school is not gonna stop the fat rate.(I'm not tryin to be mean cuz i love my fat people)but if you take out pops from school the students are gonna get it on the way from home or at home.

I understand that pop and candy and chips play roles in building up fat but getting it at school is not gonna make one die of fat. Majority of kids , when going home, usuall ride by macdonalds or some other resteraunt and eat there and thats where people are gettin fat at. If these parents are gonna shut down are vending machines then why don't they attempt to shut down every mcdonalds and burger king. They use the excuse that by them taking the vending machines out of schools is teaching us how to eat healthy but its not, teaching kids how to eat healthy is the parents job. Not only this but everyone in the school relies on vending machines. The princible, teachers, students and the school itself.

Vending machines are our major source of money and it knocks out hunger pains in class. The pta parents are gonna have to realize that the only way to stop the fat rate is not by taking it out of our schools or hiding it from us, its about getting off their butts and teaching their kids how to eat right. They need to make the kids understand that its alright to eat junk food but you need to learn how to also eat healthy foods too and exercise.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2004-07-02 13:41 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2004-07-02 19:26 ]</font>

Solstis
Jul 2, 2004, 03:04 PM
Very true, if not lacking in paragraph and sentence structure.

And at 18, I still consider myself a kid. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

InfinityXXX
Jul 2, 2004, 03:24 PM
Oh sorry about my sentence structure. I was kind of mad when i typed that so i forgot about it.

LoreSeeker
Jul 2, 2004, 05:43 PM
If the vending machines ever get taken out of my school, I'll be bringing a fresh 64 oz soda to school every day. Hell, I'll be doing that next year anyway, cuz I can drive to school as a junior.

That leads me to a great point: even if they remove the vending machines from schools, kids are still going to eat and drink whatever they want at school. If they disallow it in classrooms, kids will still sneak it.

Well, I'll be saving a ton of money if I get 64s of soda... $1 for 64 oz, as compared to the school price of $1 for a 20 oz bottle.

Ness
Jul 2, 2004, 06:12 PM
Spaces, man, spaces.

Anyway....

I agree that that is stupid. People are always trying to blame an inanimate object for their probelms. You don't want your kid to get fat off vending machines? Don't give your kid extra spending money.

InfinityXXX
Jul 2, 2004, 09:26 PM
See, i finally spaced ness. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ness
Jul 2, 2004, 09:41 PM
On 2004-07-02 19:26, InfinityXXX wrote:
See, i finally spaced ness. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Thank you. Now reading your posts are like walking through air instead of trudging through water.

Murdercall
Jul 3, 2004, 03:38 AM
all the soda vending machines in my school got replaced by water ones.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Myopathy
Jul 3, 2004, 05:39 AM
The parents over there do realize it's their fault that their kids are fat right? Now that we're in the high-tech age, a lot of kids are getting online and playing video games from a lot younger age. What they should be doing is outside kicking a ball around. That's how you build up that metabolism. If they start at an early age sitting around playing video games, they're not going to have a high metabolism, and thus, they are going to be fat. The parents should realize it's their own fault for letting their kids be couch potatoes at such a young also. Also more than likely, the parents are the ones getting the kids the McDonald's and all that fattening stuff. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif Bad parents...always trying to blame it on something else. That's the thing about the US, everyone is quick to point the finger...even if it's pointed at a vending machine.

I hope they do take away you vending machine. That way, when it's gone and all your peers are still getting fat, someone will have an excuse to go and slap those parents around.

space_butler
Jul 3, 2004, 06:30 AM
they took the ones from my old school 2 years ago...then they started charging double the shop price for everything in the canteen and wondering why people went off site to the shops down the road...

would anyone here pay more than a quid ($1.80 or something) for a sub-mcdonalds quality burger?

AYY-BEE-CEE
Jul 3, 2004, 10:24 AM
If they're going to get rid of the vending machines with 'fatty' foods and drinks, why not just put healthier foods in them like soft drinks and snack bars?

Kadavreski
Jul 3, 2004, 11:13 AM
or, you could just bring a packed lunch in.
the more people that do it,the more they'll regret it.

Link00seven
Jul 4, 2004, 08:18 AM
On 2004-07-03 03:39, Ezellaur wrote:
The parents over there do realize it's their fault that their kids are fat right? Now that we're in the high-tech age, a lot of kids are getting online and playing video games from a lot younger age. What they should be doing is outside kicking a ball around. That's how you build up that metabolism. If they start at an early age sitting around playing video games, they're not going to have a high metabolism, and thus, they are going to be fat. The parents should realize it's their own fault for letting their kids be couch potatoes at such a young also.

Isn't that the truth...

*looks in the mirror*