PDA

View Full Version : The Movie Theatre

InfernoNR7
Jul 2, 2004, 06:38 PM
Hi! I love going to the movies, espically because I don't get to go often. Well, today my bro, dad, and I went to go see Spiderman 2 (which is very good). We got there, did all the usual stuff, and sat down. Next we know it, two ladies take out OVER 5 BAGS OF FOOD, POPCORN, GADORADE, etc. Now, if you have ever gone to the movies, you probably know that you'll get thrown out/it's against the rules to bring in food from outside the theatre. This group had enough people to fill up a whole row, mostly 5 year old kids and their two moms/mother figures/etc.. Throughout the pre-show adverts, these ladies and their children were making a HUGE amount of noise, passing out TONS of food from Save-On (yes, they had the plastic bags with them), and generally annoying eveyone. Once the movie started, they continued this process for about 15 minutes.

Kinda ruined the pre-show calm and the start of the movie.

Gah, is nothing sacred?

DruidMettool
Jul 2, 2004, 08:24 PM
I hate children. A lot. If it were up to me, children would be banned from public places such as Movie Theatres and Arcades.

As for your particular group. What the fuck were those moms thinking? Bringing their 5 year olds into a PG-13 movie? It's just a hunch, but I think parents are getting stupider and stupider.

And if that particular group of children were of a summer camp, then it's even worse.

Ness
Jul 2, 2004, 08:31 PM
I dislike children as well and that's why I'm not having any.

Perosnally, I think that if you have a child in the theatere that is under 10, you should take him with you if you have to go. Dureing the movie "Holes," this kid's mom got up and took the baby with her (she didn't come back for the rest of the movie), but left her kid--who couldn't have been older than 8. That kid was banging on the seat earlier, but him mom stopped him. As soon as she left, he swtarted banging on the armrests of his seat. Finally, my dad told him to stop.

Kids are so annoying.

InfernoNR7
Jul 2, 2004, 08:39 PM
Yes, I agree with the lil' kids under whatever thing. An even more sickening coulpe of examples are when I went to see Man On Fire (another great movie), which has a TON of gore, and I saw a 2 or 3 year old, a 5, 6, and 9 year old in the movie! Also, I saw 5 year olds in the Matrix Revolutions (or whichever one has the Orgy scene). I mean, I see these parents and I want to walk up and slap their fat faces. (BTW, the women were HUGE, like really HUGE, not tall and slightly fat, but short and HUGE, gah, pointless obicety).

InfinityXXX
Jul 2, 2004, 09:22 PM
On 2004-07-02 16:38, InfernoNR7 wrote:
Hi! I love going to the movies, espically because I don't get to go often. Well, today my bro, dad, and I went to go see Spiderman 2 (which is very good). We got there, did all the usual stuff, and sat down. Next we know it, two ladies take out OVER 5 BAGS OF FOOD, POPCORN, GADORADE, etc. Now, if you have ever gone to the movies, you probably know that you'll get thrown out/it's against the rules to bring in food from outside the theatre. This group had enough people to fill up a whole row, mostly 5 year old kids and their two moms/mother figures/etc.. Throughout the pre-show adverts, these ladies and their children were making a HUGE amount of noise, passing out TONS of food from Save-On (yes, they had the plastic bags with them), and generally annoying eveyone. Once the movie started, they continued this process for about 15 minutes.

Kinda ruined the pre-show calm and the start of the movie.

Gah, is nothing sacred?

tisk, tisk, tisk,just ghetto. Ain't nuthin but ghetto.

InfernoNR7
Jul 2, 2004, 09:36 PM
On 2004-07-02 19:22, InfinityXXX wrote:

???? You kinda lost me..........

InfinityXXX
Jul 2, 2004, 10:23 PM
i kinda lost myself

Solstis
Jul 2, 2004, 10:25 PM
On 2004-07-02 19:36, InfernoNR7 wrote:

On 2004-07-02 19:22, InfinityXXX wrote:

???? You kinda lost me..........

... I REALLY hope you live in the "ghetto"

Weren't you complaining about people posing and trying to look cool?

InfernoNR7
Jul 2, 2004, 10:39 PM
On 2004-07-02 20:25, Solstis wrote:
... I REALLY hope you live in the "ghetto"

Weren't you complaining about people posing and trying to look cool?

I was complaining about idiot parents and their children. And I don't live in the Ghetto, I live in a worse place, it's called "Suburbia".
heh

Aredhel
Jul 2, 2004, 11:06 PM
...ANYWAYS!

I, up until 2 weeks ago, worked at a Taco Bell/KFC in suburban Colorado and wholeheartedley agree - Kids suck, especially when combined with their undisputed counterpart: Soccer Moms. We're in the rants section so I don't mind saying WHY THE FUCK DO YOU COME TO FAST FOOD RESTAURANTS AND ORDER ENOUGH FOOD TO FEED AN ARMY?!?! DON'T YOU FUCKING REALIZE THAT YOU'RE SLOWING DOWN THE LINE FOR ALL THOSE PEOPLE BEHIND YOU?!?! *gasp!*

Ok - so now you all know exactly what is taking so long in the goddamn drive-thru line ANYtime you're there for over 5 minutes! It's all the soccer-moms grasping onto some retarded instinct to gather food - even IF it all goes to waste.

But ya - kids suck...

Sayara
Jul 2, 2004, 11:09 PM
Kids just need to be taught how to act in public places. And if they cant behave dont take them anywhere. Thats what i'd do.

Children like Anything else can be taught. And should be taught.

GS_Punk
Jul 2, 2004, 11:18 PM
I was a kid once. I feel slightly offended. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GS_Punk on 2004-07-02 21:19 ]</font>

KodiaX987
Jul 2, 2004, 11:21 PM
BURN THE CHILDREN (http://www.inconsequentialexistence.com/movie/aom.swf)

Sayara
Jul 2, 2004, 11:26 PM
On 2004-07-02 21:18, GS_Punk wrote:
I was a kid once. I feel slightly offended. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GS_Punk on 2004-07-02 21:19 ]</font>

We were all kids. Just some kids were raised differently than others. Some were Strictly Raised, some abused, some neglected and some raised normally.

Just depends on how the Parents do their job.

InfernoNR7
Jul 2, 2004, 11:26 PM
I feel it's not the children's fault, it's their crappy parent's faults. These kids across the street are the most annoying, imposing, vandalistic (we're not sure if it's on purpose or not), and rude kids I have ever met. I half blame it on them, and half on their parents, who seem to just send them over to my house to get them out of their own house, and seems like big jerks.

Sayara
Jul 2, 2004, 11:30 PM
On 2004-07-02 21:26, Tingle wrote:

We were all kids. Just some kids were raised differently than others. Some were Strictly Raised, some abused, some neglected and some raised normally.

But sometimes it is true Children Absorb Habits from other sources...
Violence + Power Rangers/Mortal Kombat in Late 90s anyone? >>;

InfernoNR7
Jul 3, 2004, 02:26 AM
HeHe, Power Rangers is what made me wana learn martial arts, back in the day.

space_butler
Jul 3, 2004, 06:40 AM
power rangers and mortal combat was just an excuse for a fight back then...

DruidMettool
Jul 3, 2004, 09:17 AM
Now that I think about it... If it were up to me, children would be banned from existance.

Or at least locked up in an air-tight room, with a feeding and air hole, until they wer old enough to be considered not-annoying.

Wyndham
Jul 3, 2004, 03:12 PM
On 2004-07-02 21:26, Tingle wrote:

On 2004-07-02 21:18, GS_Punk wrote:

yeah. i knew a rich kid. if he was up to late, his mom wold tell him to go to bed., several normal ones, if they were up late theyd be punished. and if i was up too late i was thrown into a table. there are alot of different ways parents handle things.

Zzzzzz
Jul 3, 2004, 03:41 PM
On 2004-07-02 21:30, Tingle wrote:
But sometimes it is true Children Absorb Habits from other sources...
Violence + Power Rangers/Mortal Kombat in Late 90s anyone? >>;

Oddly enough, when a senator was sueing Sega and Nintendo and other companies, giving Mortal Kombat and Night Trap as examples, Mortal Kombat doubled in sales.

ON-TOPIC: Yeah, what really bothers me are those old people who keep asking people what's going on in the movie every 5 seconds. If you don't know what's going on, why watch it? Sheesh.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zzzzzz on 2004-07-03 13:43 ]</font>

Ness
Jul 3, 2004, 03:56 PM
On 2004-07-02 21:21, KodiaX987 wrote:

BURN THE CHILDREN (http://www.inconsequentialexistence.com/movie/aom.swf)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Oh man, that was funny.

GS_Punk
Jul 3, 2004, 04:28 PM
It was a joke, you crazies. No sense in quoting it as if I were serious.

Anyway, you're all right. I see kids all the time and think to myself: "Good lord. Was I this annoying when I was kid?"

Back in my day, Power Rangers wasn't an excuse to fight. It was a way to get chicks.

noob-of-fury
Jul 7, 2004, 04:26 AM
Well, unless I missed something, I'm apparently the only person here who likes kids and can't really wait to have little broodlings of my own. There is one thing I have to say though... children should definitely be banned from many places until they reach a certain age which will be decided by when they can do something for 2 hours without doing something that would be remotely annoying... I'm thinking 10-11. Biggest enforced places should be Theaters, Restaraunts, Grocery Stores, or wherever the little bastards tend to scream and through fits. Also... with a group of kids that young seeing Spiderman 2, I hope those parents die... Even though it may not be harmful to them mentally it has the capacity to so take some responsibility.

*feels parental responsibility rant coming on*

Outrider
Jul 7, 2004, 11:57 AM
No, see, most people here just haven't figured out the stinging irony that they say they hate kids when the majority of them would still be considered kids.

Kids should not be banned/hated/whatever. Let's grow up, shall we?

FOAtHeart
Jul 7, 2004, 12:09 PM
On 2004-07-07 09:57, Outrider wrote:

How ironic. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Outrider
Jul 7, 2004, 01:03 PM
On 2004-07-07 10:09, FOAtHeart wrote:

On 2004-07-07 09:57, Outrider wrote:

How ironic. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Well, that's why I said the part you didn't quote. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

ssephiroth_da_hunter
Jul 8, 2004, 08:09 PM
When I went to watch Spiderman 2 there werent many little kids their. But some lady brought her baby along and about half way through the movie the baby started crying!!! Me and my friends were getting really annoyed and so was everyone else around me cause the lady tried to calm the baby but she failed. So after about 15 min of failing she finally stepped out of the theatre and never came back. Now, I know babies cant really control how they act but what kind of person brings a baby to a movie theatre...Was the lady thinking it would be a quiet place!! I think not.

InfernoNR7
Jul 8, 2004, 08:38 PM
Yea, well, people around here, in general, don't all strike me as the sharpest tools in the shed.

I still hate the fact that people have such a disregard for others, and for rules.

I wasn't too pissed at a few of the kids, I was more pissed at their idiot parents/guardians. Actually, one kid was treated VERY poorly, and even the parents/guardians treated him badly.

Gah, people. All I have to say, people. Not all are bad, but I have such a bad impression of the "General Public".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfernoNR7 on 2004-07-08 18:39 ]</font>

Aunt_Betty
Jul 8, 2004, 09:04 PM
Sadly Auntie's local theater currently ahs Spider-man reserved untill like a week. But the little kids andother stupid things really get in the way.