PDA

View Full Version : everything.

Wyndham
Jul 3, 2004, 04:42 PM
okay, this is my everything rant.
I hate how everyone in today's american culture acts. it seems the outlook of the average american teenager is: "i dont prticipate in it, so it is the aspawn of homoeroticism"
I consider today's society to be in a sad state of affairs, and I am teoubled at what the future will bring.
and then, theres adults.
if you dont like somethning about your kid.... "GET THE SCHOOL TO BAN IT!" ? WTFing HELL?? if a child is overweight, deal with it yourself. tv's to violent? dont let them watch it. kid's snorting pixy stix? IM LAUGHING AT YOU!
they should learn to control at least certyain aspects of the lives of their children.
and im ired of everyone complaining about my hair. its long, so what. if you have a probem with it soccer moms, shave your heads to compensate for it.
we need less complainers, and more who actively participate.

InfernoNR7
Jul 3, 2004, 05:33 PM
I agree whole-heartedly.
More to add: gay isn't homosexual, it's happy.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that it's homosexual.

Fag is a pile of sticks or a cigar, not a homosexual.

Obecity is not America, the School system, or Mac D's fault, it's your own God forsaken fault for givin your child $20 to spend on sweets at school, or going to McD's every single Fing day.

Smart kids/adults are not scary, and should be supported, not shunned.

Getting an A is not dorky, it should be supported (same as above).

Getting mad over small stuff like a bb gun being shot at glass, a crash where nothing was scratched, broken, or harmed, is stupid.

You shouldn't sue over everything that you don't like.

Political correctness sucks and is over-done in every way.

Just because you're making a commercial doesn't mean you have to get 1 person from every race, religeon, hair type, and eye color. And all of those people have to be skinny and/or good looking.

Coffee is not the best part of waking up.

Food doesn't make you insanely happy, neither does a mop, dish cleaner, shampoo etc.

Just because you're stupid doesn't mean you must act like it.

Is it so hard to get this order right: Plain Bacon Cheesburger, Small Milkshake, and Medium Soda?

Just because you're online doesn't mean that what you said shouldn't matter.

Being skinny doesn't mean you can make fun of fat/heavy/overweight people.

Just because you're higher level than another person doesn't mean you can call them a n00b, feel free to call them newbie however.

I could go on for hours.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfernoNR7 on 2004-07-03 15:34 ]</font>

Ness
Jul 3, 2004, 06:04 PM
I seems that the ideal way to handle problems in America today is to blame someone else. People need to take responsiblity for their own actions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ness on 2004-07-03 16:04 ]</font>

Solstis
Jul 3, 2004, 06:08 PM
*Reads through the two ranty posts*

Uh-huh!

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

There may yet be hope for the future.

[edit]: Er, homosexual is too long of a word, gay works just fine.

(*insert random smilie here*)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2004-07-03 16:12 ]</font>

Wyndham
Jul 3, 2004, 06:36 PM
On 2004-07-03 16:08, Solstis wrote:
*Reads through the two ranty posts*

Uh-huh!

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

There may yet be hope for the future.

[edit]: Er, homosexual is too long of a word, gay works just fine.

(*insert random smilie here*)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2004-07-03 16:12 ]</font>

i perfer long words. they have an soteric appeal of sorts that has a great extent of usefulness in today's drudgery of society.
BOING!

Solstis
Jul 3, 2004, 09:22 PM
On 2004-07-03 15:33, InfernoNR7 wrote:

Coffee is not the best part of waking up.

Food doesn't make you insanely happy, neither does a mop, dish cleaner, shampoo etc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfernoNR7 on 2004-07-03 15:34 ]</font>

Wait a second... I just caught this.

Coffee pwns, for one thing.

And I have become immensely happy when eating food, especially coffee. Shampoo, somewhat, dish cleaner, no.

hmf.

anwserman
Jul 3, 2004, 09:54 PM
Very similar to this topic: Did you hear Bill Crosby's remarks that he had at a conference or speech he put on in Chicago.

He spoke the truth.

Today, people more and more seemingly tend to blame someone other then themselves for their own actions. Note, I said seemingly... those people who blame others typically make a racket and tend to be outspoken.

And the media overemphasizes everything. The majority of people in the US (at least a great portion) are normal people who aren't sue-happy. Much like teenagers, we're not all immature jerks who got nailed when we're 13 and swear and cuss repeadedly and just vandalize.

Just gotta have perspective.

Bradicus
Jul 3, 2004, 10:30 PM
Terror can not be categorized into levels.

Aredhel
Jul 3, 2004, 10:46 PM
This has always been life on Earth - every age, according to its generation, is the WORST age of humanity - the world always seems like it's going to end! But it's seemed that way forever, and somehow humanity stumbles on...

150 years ago when the world relied on whale blubber for fuel, warmth, etc. and all the whales were hunted to near-extinction, everyone thought we'd all die-off without the single energy source we'd used all that time. What happened? We found something new, something better (Gasoline, coal, kerosene, etc...) and continued living.

Social status will always be a hot topic for debate and no element will ever be unanimously agreed on - but we will stumble on. So enjoy! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

InfernoNR7
Jul 3, 2004, 11:14 PM
On 2004-07-03 16:36, Oran1324 wrote:
i perfer long words. they have an soteric appeal of sorts that has a great extent of usefulness in today's drudgery of society.
BOING!

Amen! I love gargantuan words. And if you don't want to say homosexual, just say homo.

InfernoNR7
Jul 3, 2004, 11:16 PM
On 2004-07-03 16:04, Ness wrote:
I seems that the ideal way to handle problems in America today is to blame someone else. People need to take responsiblity for their own actions.

Or to sue the pants off of them.

It's fun to overexaddurate (sorry for my spelling) things, espically in rants.

I don't think coffee is bad, I like coffee, but it's still not the best part of waking up. what if you didn't wake up? Just the fact of waking up is good.

Also, I should edit my post to orgaming-happy, not insanely happy, I was being nice. For example, the shampoo Herbal Essences commercial where the woman orgasms after having her hair lathered. (sorry if lil' kids see this post and go running to their mommy asking what an orgasm is).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfernoNR7 on 2004-07-03 21:20 ]</font>

Solstis
Jul 3, 2004, 11:20 PM
On 2004-07-03 21:14, InfernoNR7 wrote:

On 2004-07-03 16:36, Oran1324 wrote:
BOING!

Amen! I love gargantuan words. And if you don't want to say homosexual, just say homo.

"Homo," btw, would be considered derogatory in most cases.

Just me.

And Aredhel, very good points. Older folk lament that education is at a low today.

Have you ever read THEIR history books? Ye gods! I'm surprised that they knew where Canada was!

InfernoNR7
Jul 3, 2004, 11:36 PM
On 2004-07-03 21:20, Solstis wrote:
"Homo," btw, would be considered derogatory in most cases.

Just me.

And Aredhel, very good points. Older folk lament that education is at a low today.

Have you ever read THEIR history books? Ye gods! I'm surprised that they knew where Canada was!

I believe the older folks are commenting on the values taught in school, as well as the fact that it's so complicated and they don't understand.

Ness
Jul 4, 2004, 08:36 AM
On 2004-07-03 20:46, Aredhel wrote:
This has always been life on Earth - every age, according to its generation, is the WORST age of humanity - the world always seems like it's going to end! But it's seemed that way forever, and somehow humanity stumbles on...

150 years ago when the world relied on whale blubber for fuel, warmth, etc. and all the whales were hunted to near-extinction, everyone thought we'd all die-off without the single energy source we'd used all that time. What happened? We found something new, something better (Gasoline, coal, kerosene, etc...) and continued living.

Social status will always be a hot topic for debate and no element will ever be unanimously agreed on - but we will stumble on. So enjoy! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Actually, it's just a myth that the wrold has gotten worse. Crime has been at its lowest point in the last 50 years, technology is higher than ever before, making life easier and more pleasant. There are far more medicines out and medical treatments that help us live longer. Also you don't have to work hard to get paid alot of money. Back in the 40's and 50's you had to work hard just to make barely enough to live off of. Now you can get an excellent income sitting on your butt in a cubicle.

noob-of-fury
Jul 7, 2004, 03:10 AM
I have a little line for everyone...

Being a Christian does not mean that you are above everybody else and are divinely inclined to let everyone know that.

Eihwaz
Jul 7, 2004, 03:57 AM
Oran, Inferno, Ness, Answerman, and noob-of-fury, I all agree 110% with what you all said. I also agree wholeheartedly to what Mr. Cosby said.

I can add a few! >_>:

Just becuase the court system acquits someone, doesn't mean they are innocent. *coughOJcough*

Being smart is a good thing, and should never ever be ridiculed. People who make fun of smart people just becuase they're smarter than they should go shove themselves into a small outhouse.

Your happiness should never be based on: how thin you are/how many friends you have/etc.
Sex doesn't equal love.

Just becuase you've gotten suspended from school a couple of times, gotten into a few scuffles, and wear camo DOES NOT MAKE YOU A TOUGH STUD.

PE shorts are highly comfortable, especially those made of cotton. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Ah, I feel so relieved now. Whew. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

noob-of-fury
Jul 7, 2004, 04:49 AM
Here's the one I forgot...

You have absolutely no room to bitch about the state of the nation unless you are either a)a voter or b) under the legal age to vote.

and here's some ones...

Heavy Metal is not 'The Devil's Music' and if I hear one more person say that to me then they're going to get a beating. (yeah, I'm not a good christian)

Unless you have researched the history of your complaint then shut the hell up, you have no idea what you're talking about. (recent occurance with a certain local dipshit)

Gnarled_rose
Jul 7, 2004, 09:31 AM
Ness, I'm living proof of your "make an excellent living sitting on your butt in a cubicle"! And I love it.
And I both agree and disagree with Bradicus. I think the current warning system for terror sucks, but it can be made into levels: By the type of person it scares.
Pissy, whiny little girl(1)
Teenager(2)
White-collar worker stuck in middle management(3)
Hobo who plans on ransacking everyone's houses when the attack hits, only to find out that he probably won't live through it either(4)