PDA

View Full Version : Republic Insa II: Rivalry Type R

KodiaX987
Jun 7, 2002, 07:21 AM
Well, it's all over now. The Insas were beaten at their own game by the mutant Armiatge. The result: four dead. One wounded at the leg. The leader sent into the depths of the city. The next day, parts were found at her builder's apartment, but they lacked enough proofs. They declare her dead, but in the records, Shrike "Shurikane" Nainsev is still very alive.

A few days have passed. The mess within Pioneer City was quickly cleaned up and the Dark Falz battle happened without any problems. Armiatge recovered enough to participate to the battle and was given full honors along with everyone else at a huge party in Central Dome. Many sympathized with her new appearance, but no one knew she actually accepted it.

And now, things are nice and smooth. Pioneer II is going to decend to the planet in two days to deploy the city and repair the damage to the facilities, along with exploring the newfound ruins some more...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wake up, SAcaseal."

"Waddya want?"

"You to wake up. Open those eyelids and sit up."

"Where am I?"

"Out of danger..."

Insa-Elenor sat up. She looked about, to find out she had been disrespectfully discarded into a junk room. Fortunately, they had taken the care to cover up her severed leg and help it heal. Amazingly enough, her scans showed nothing else that was of importance. It was a miracle she had survived the collision with Insa-K. The other android had been crushed under the pink and white RAcaseal's weight.

"Say, did you just happen to call me SAcaseal?" She queried. An affirmative hum came back.

"The government listed Insas as a SA class in their files. Unfortunately, that class won't last long. Whatley, the only SAcast has melted down, three SAcaseals dead, one SAcashel dead, and one SAcaseal missing, presumed dead. She really is alive, by the way, but believe you me, she's become a souless animal."

"Shuri?! Where's Shuri? What happened to her?"

"She fell down the platform of Tyrell's office, didn't you hear the scream? I know for a fact that she has survived the fall. But that isn't my main concern. My big concern is you."

Elenor laid back, resting on some pieces of metals as pillow.

"Why me?"

"Because you are the only Insa left that can be of use to me."

"Why me? Why not someone else?"

"Well, there's a someone else, but I need a team for what I intend to do. See, the Falz battle's over. It was over, about four days ago I'd say. And although they killed the demon, monsters still appear out of nowhere. I know why: a cult has been set up in the ruins, to call Falz back. This cult is made up of the most possessed hunters of the guild, infected by evil. They are all Insas, like you."

Elenor groaned. This wasn't such good news...

"SAmar, SAmarl, SAnewm, SAnewearl, SAcaseal, SAcast, you name it. There are even some divisions in the SA class that I don't know of. The real SA class is much bigger than Tyrell thinks."

Elenor sat up again, pondering the load of information.

"So, let me get this straight. You get me here just to tell me there's a Dark Falz cult preaching the word somewhere below the ground? What shit do I have to do with them? How did you bring me here anyways? Who the hell are you?!"

A squeak, and a man appeared in the doorframe. It was a newman, on a wheelchair, of a very old appearance; a rare sight for his race. His hair, of shoulder length, appeared thin and Elenor could pick a few bald spots on his head. His eyes, however, were hidden behind a pair of opaque Oakley Jacket-style shades.

"Well if I knew..." She muttered.

"Shut up." The man snapped. "If it wasn't for me, you'd be the dront door of a freighter. Tyrell thought you were dead and sent you over to the junkyard for compressing and remodeling. Luckily enough, I am the operator of that yard, so I picked you out and put you inside my house."

"So yeah, thanks." Elenor replied, scratching the back of her head a little. "And what am I supposed to call you?"

"Once you get rid of your badass attitude, you'll call me Vento Godai. Now here's a crutch. Follow me out and take a seat somewhere. Can you eat?"

"A little."

"Great! I've just taken some meat out of the pan. You want to regenerate that leg of yours fast as you can, because we don't have a lot of time left." Vento said as he headed out the door.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elenor had tied her Dimenian roped into a makeshift ponytail just for style's sake. She took a bite of meat and took note of her surroundings. The small house was incredibly dark, but very clean. There were little machines everywhere, along with a lot of networked computers, screens, and systems. From a quick scan, she found out the old man had rigged himself with a surround sound system that covered the entire house, go figure how he did that. She had to admit he had one outdated but kickass entertainment system.

Vento sat down, fork and knife in hand, talking between his bites.

"I'm glad you're alive Elenor." He toned. "You are the only one who will be able to do what's needed to do. Needless to say, a Falz cult means one whole city depends on you."

"Duh..." Elenor sighed, not believing a word of this so-called great quest of his. Apparently Vento had detected her thought because he had laid back, a piece of meat in his mouth, looking away.

"I'll let you finish your piece before I tell you some more. In the meantime..."

Elenor heard some heavy footsteps. An android... Not. What had appeared in her view was an impossibly tall woman. Her arms and were encased into heavy-looking white, black, and bright green armor, leaving her torso covered by a jet black shirt on the daring side. Completing the look was a sleeveless extra-dark navy blue trenchcoat with bright green knife patterns at the bottom and around the neck. A silver-painted industrial chain aurrounded her neck as an addition, and her eyes were completely hidden behind an old-styled pair of round, opaque black glasses. Her bright green hair shot behind, leading Elenor's look to the legs, which were covered in a long black skirt, reaching to her feet, again covered by bright breen knife patterns at the top and bottom. As for her feet, she had armored them behind a pair of black construction boots.

The new arrival took a look at the android, smiling ever so slightly.

"...Meet your new roomate and teammate: Shrike R."

NIGHTMAREN
Jun 8, 2002, 11:29 AM
you never take a break, do you?

The tale continues...

-Night

Hikosaka
Jun 9, 2002, 03:09 AM
Ahh, so it starts. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I'm looking forward to see how this one turns out.

KodiaX987
Jun 9, 2002, 05:04 PM
Look who's familiar... Elenor thought to herself.

"Good evening, Camuel." Shrike R said in a heavy accent.

"Call me Ele-- Whoa, where the heck do you come from?"

"English isn't my first language. You'll have to cope with my pronounciation." The woman replied coldly. She had a way of saying her low vowels and rolling her R's like Elenor had never heard before.

"Now you know why I add R to her name!" Vento playfully said. "Her actual name is Shrike Bourassa. She lives here and is my personal bounty hunter. I've got some underground contacts, and whenever a buddy of mine needs help, I send her to do the job. Helps me put both ends together."

"I see." Elenor replied.

"But on to serious business. In forty-eight hours, Pioneer II will land. The cult is expecting their last member to show up close to that moment. They have set up a network of photon pipes and generators underground in the spot where the ship will land. Their intention is to kill two birds with one stone. First, they want to revive Dark Falz. Second, they want to blow up Pioneer II.

"You two need to journey over into the third basement of the alien ship. I know that the teleporter leading there has been shut down, so you can't go by the backdoor. You'll have to penetrate Central Dome, enter the caves, through the mines, and so on and so forth the old-fashionned way.

"Success means that Pioneer II will land safely and we'll all be alive. Failure means that you two will be the only sane and alive people left on this planet. And believe you me, you won't last long.

"Elenor, it's a luck that you are here, and I'm willing to pay big for your help. If you agree to go down there and do it, at your return I'll hand over to you a fake certificate of lifeworthiness and an owner's card. Technically, you will be a scientist's experimental android. What will really happen will be that you actually belong to someone who has died some months ago (although they never found out about it), but the sole fact that you belong to a person will make him responsible for your acts. They'll therefore be putting the blame on a dead person but will never get to reach him. You'll still be illegal, but technically the Principal won't be able to have you accountable for this."

"You know your law..." Elenor muttered.

"Damn yes. In all those years I had to learn some stuff at least!" Vento answered. "I'm offering you freedom, and guaranteed satisfaction; if there's any trouble you just give me a buzz. I think you can do nothing else but to accept that golden opportunity."

"Don't overwork yourself." Elenor said with a chuckle.

"Hey, for me it's a piece of cake... Now follow Shrike to the storage boxes and pick up your equipment."

"Open that box and pick up the thief's coat inside... Alright. This coat has extra-large pockets for your average thief, but, this time the pockets will be ffor weapons. Open it up and look."

Elenor put on the dark red coat, which looked much like an oversized version of a trenchcoat, in fact. Deja vu! she thought. In fact, that coat was so oversize it reached to the ground.

"Good coat, only I'm not tall enough to fit in..."

"Bullshit." Shrike interrupted with a laugh. "Just stretch your legs!"

Elenor had forgotten about that. Taking care not to bump her head on the low ceiling, she let her legs lengthen until the coat fit.

She then opened it up and looked inside each pocket and buckle. In the upper pockets were two pairs of mechguns. In the small middle ones two handguns, and in the long bottom ones two full-sized swords. The coat came with a torso belt system which allowed her to holster four more handguns plus two pairs of daggers. On the outside of the coat, she had enough pockets to store two red sabers, two slicers, and three pairs of telescopic partisans. At the back, she had two shotguns strapped to the coat, which were of course clearly visible.

"Good stuff..." Elenor grinned as she playfully swung a red saber in the air. "And what do you have?"

"This." Shrike replied. She opened her own sleveless coat to reveal only a few weapons. Held by a ring was a metal triangular saber with one half of it transparent. In the left pocket was a huge one-handed photon rifle, and in the right was some kind of tube weapon, where she could fit her hand in. Finally, at the back, she had some kind of T-Shaped weapon, although it had no blade nor did it look like a gun. It seemed to be a bladeless sword, in fact.

Shrike looked at Elenor carefully and made sure every planned weapon was there.

"Mr. Godai emptied his stash of weapons; you have everything he owns, on yourself. Better be careful because I know he'll want you to pay for lost stuff."

"Big deal." Elenor would just fetch some cash on the way there. And if not, she would work for Godai until the tiny sum was paid. After all, weapons on Pioneer II were small potatoes; it was the armor set that cost an arm.

She hadn't noticed Vento coming in through the door.

"According to the security cameras, you both are ready." He grinned. "Shrike, sorry to put you with someone else but there will be some large ground to cover, so better be two to do the job."

"Yeah, yeah, no problem!" The woman waved the comment off. "Can we go now?"

NIGHTMAREN
Jun 10, 2002, 09:12 AM
now...they are the only heroes..

nice. keep it up.

BWS-1
Jun 10, 2002, 11:51 AM
I like it >:D

Well that's just it. hmmm, SATyrell while we're at it? XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BWS-1 on 2002-06-10 10:35 ]</font>

KodiaX987
Jun 14, 2002, 08:29 PM
Elenor was forced to squeeze into the tightest car spot even to be thought of on Pioneer II. Shrike R drove an old, beaten-up black Hanafkai Holycross full-size sports car. But that didn't keep her from making the Insa's life difficult. The car was full to the brim with mechanical junk and other things Elenor would not dare try to find out about.

"By the way, your code name is Stampede." Shrike declared as she sat down.

"Stampede?!"

"Wild Bitch, this is Kennel. Pick up the damn thing!" A voice came from the pile of junk. Shrike dove her hand into the mass of metal to retrieve a CB-BEE combo unit.

"Wild Bitch, picked it up." She replied. As she put down the unit in a cup holder, she turned on the engine and approached her finger next to the sound system button/

"Right then. Forty-eight hours. If you take more, you won't even be alive to talk about it." Vento said from the CB-BEE unit. "I'll keep in touch with the both of you..."

A rumble was felt through the entire ship of Pioneer II. Some components were beginning to disengage...

"...GO!"

The landing procedure had started.

48:00:00

Shrike pressed the button on the sound system, and pushed the accelerator on the same cue, the old car now blaring crystal-clear death metal music throughout the entire junkyard at 155 BPM.

Elenor screamed in joy as the car flew into every possible loop and little hole of the yard, before Shrike finally pulled on the controls and sent the vehicle slaloming with the traffic.

"What the..."

The guard watched as a black car flew just inches from his face. He hated when those crazy sports drivers tried to dare death to come forward. Unfortunately, he couldn't do anything about it...

...Until he saw a familiar face within the car.

"This is November-Whisky Four," He said into his BEE unit. "Spotted a black car, plate number O-R-V-A-Six-Nine. There is an Insa aboard this vehicle!"