PDA

View Full Version : GC vga adapter

rbf2000
Jun 7, 2002, 05:17 PM
http://www.geocities.co.jp/Technopolis-Mars/9984/prep_e.htm

Does anybody think they could actually do this? It would be nice... (the reason I am even posting is because I remember somebody saying they were looking for a vga adapter)

watashiwa
Jun 7, 2002, 05:44 PM
Don't make things so difficult.

Buy a pre-made cable that does the same thing right here (http://www.goldenshop.com.hk/AI-trad/gc/vgacable.htm).

Falkon
Jun 7, 2002, 05:51 PM
Whoo! Thanks for the page Wata! I could use some DC accessories from there, the blue case and cooling fan look pretty good to me...

rbf2000
Jun 7, 2002, 05:52 PM
Yea, that would probably be a lot easier. (and seeing as I have no soldering skills whatsoever...)

And seeing as component cables run for $30, it's probably not that bad of a deal.

Ziggy-san
Jun 7, 2002, 11:31 PM
I've seen a lot of N64 VGA boxes that look alot like the DC vga boxes. Essentially, aaa, it should work the same way, unless you wanna use the digital picture output. That might be slightly more difficult...

RuneLateralus
Jun 8, 2002, 07:15 PM
I know there is one that you can use for for XBox, Dreamcast, PS2, and NGC (it allowed you to connect three at one time). I know it was released by Innovation, but I forgot the name of it and it was pricey...

Falkon
Jun 8, 2002, 07:28 PM
Was it the one with all the S-Video hookups and such? I think that's 30 or 50 dollars...somewhere between there.

rbf2000
Jun 8, 2002, 08:26 PM
Well, the difference between this one and other ones is that it uses he digital out of the gamecube instead of the other vga adapters that use the analog out, making for a better picture.

donkeybeatz
Jun 17, 2002, 01:02 AM
hmm i just recently bought a GC. i'm looking for a GC VGA box but i couldn't find a site where i don't have to make an international check.
does anyone know of a site that sells GC VGA boxes in the US?
i remember buying a DC VGA box at EB games (which was $10!). now they don't seem to have that any more.
--d-_-b Dj Donkey

Zio
Jun 17, 2002, 01:26 PM
http://www.lan-kwei.com sells the redant ones. you can also try ebay.com. I bought an s-video to vga adapter. It works, but the picture quality isnt too high.

rbf2000
Jun 17, 2002, 03:10 PM
buyrite.net started to sell the digital out vga adapter. (The redant one uses the analog signal) but it is a lot more there than at the link wata gave.

flyrobinfly
Jun 21, 2002, 10:55 AM
Ooh, thanks for the info! I just purchased that VGA cable from A.I. Trading ($14 for shipping, ouch). My TV couldn't be further from my router, so this should save me from snaking Cat-5 all over the place.

This is a question I probably should have asked before whipping out the plastic, but is there any chance that the final version of PS0 may not support progressive-scan mode? Any word on whether or not the Trial supports it?

Domo

Ian D
Jun 21, 2002, 04:36 PM
I'm sorry to get off topic a bit, but what exactly is a VGA adapter and what do they do? I might seem like a moron, but I really am.(Did that make sense?)

flyrobinfly
Jun 21, 2002, 05:34 PM
A VGA adapter is a device that allows you to connect a console to a computer monitor, which can actually mean one of two things: Either it converts the normal analog output of the console (svideo, yellow composite jack, etc) into digital form, or it's fiddling around with the console's digital output to generate a true VGA signal. This second method makes for an extremely crisp picture, because you're looking at the actual output of the console that usually gets degraded in the analog conversion process.

More importantly, it lets you play games at your computer desk, which is great if you don't have a phone line / ethernet jack near your TV ^_^

Ian D
Jun 21, 2002, 10:13 PM
Ahh, I see. I gotta get me one of these. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ABDUR101
Jun 21, 2002, 10:18 PM
I miss my DC VGA adapter x_X

I stopped playing PSO when my VGA adapter "died". I was sick of having to adjust the wire just right so the color came through, which usually consisted of me balancing the VGA adapter on the wires to it put pressure on them to bend at the right angle..which also meant having to put it up against something to stay in place.

A mucho pain in the ass...just like fiddling with an antenna to get that one god damn channel that won't come in correctly.

Good riddance to the POS!
*slams VGA adapter against wall*
*shakes fist*
Why you gotta make me hit you baby?!

donkeybeatz
Jun 22, 2002, 01:27 AM
On 2002-06-21 20:18, ABDUR101 wrote:
I miss my DC VGA adapter x_X

I stopped playing PSO when my VGA adapter "died". I was sick of having to adjust the wire just right so the color came through, which usually consisted of me balancing the VGA adapter on the wires to it put pressure on them to bend at the right angle..which also meant having to put it up against something to stay in place.

A mucho pain in the ass...just like fiddling with an antenna to get that one god damn channel that won't come in correctly.

i do the same thing! i have to adjust the wires and stuff to get the color corrected. one day one of the wires just popped out.
how do i know? i disected it. =P now i have to play my DC on a TV. d'oh
--d-_-b Dj Donkey

FunkyMcGunk
Jun 24, 2002, 04:06 PM
Hey, does anybody know if there is a thing like the hook-up Watashiwa showed that would work to hook up the S-Video from a DVD player straight to a monitor like that? Any answers are very much so appreciated, yes.

flyrobinfly
Jun 24, 2002, 05:21 PM
http://www.goldenshop.com.hk/AI-trad/pc/m_vgabox.htm

Not s-video, but close enough! S-video can be made into composite via an adapter, if s-video is somehow your only output option on the dvd drive.

In other news, that cable arrived today, so with luck I'll be playing Pikmin at my desk in an hour or two.

OT - I miss your smooth lobby dancin', Funky.

FunkyMcGunk
Jun 24, 2002, 06:42 PM
I miss hiding from everyone (behind the teleporter) there, I finally gave away my hiding spot! All those times people would spend hours trying to find me and I was just standing in the back of a teleporter. I guess in the new version I'll have to find a new spot since everybody knows about my old one. Thanks for the INFO!