PDA

View Full Version : DFP

ilr2000
Jul 7, 2004, 02:36 PM
ST developer1: Hey, I've got a fucking brilliant idea! Let's make the combat SO DAMN FUCKING REALTIME, that if the player is standing, and the enemy is attacking, he'll get hit no matter what.

ST developer2: WOW! THAT SOUNDS REALLY COOL. I know what would work in great combination with that. If we make enemies that have attacks that are constantly in effect. That way if the attack doesnt knock them down, IT KILLS THEM INSTANTLY!!!!! OMFG THAT SOUNDS SO FUCKING COOL.

STD1: Jesus Christ this is brilliant. That way when players get to the really high levels, instead of become more resiliant, they're actually more vulnerable to instant death attacks!!!!!!!!!!! JESUS CHRIST THIS IS THE COOLEST THING WE'VE EVER THOUGHT OF.

That had to have been the conversation they had when that "feature" was allowed to pass in GC PSO. Having high defense makes you SO fucking vulnerable to WEAK ENEMIES that it's disgusting. Recons kill me instantly. Gal Gryphon can kill me instantly in four different ways. The first form of falze is the most deadly to me. Two delsabers with lucky coordination can down me like a level 80 bitch.

The enemy's attacks are in a higher level of real time than the player's. For instance, if you have a twin, and let say you kill the enemy on the first hit of the third combo. Meaning you have two extra swings. In GC PSO, if there is an enemy behind the guy you just killed, he might recieve ONE of the two extra swings. In DC PSO, he'll recieve both extra swings from you twin. All other combo weapons are like this. If you're using a dagger, and an enemy goes down on the first hit of whatever combo. The second hit will be wasted, regardless if there is another enemy there. DC wasn't like this. DC also didn't have the fucking retarded instant death fuckups. But at the same time DC doesn't have balanced stats either.

WAY. TO. FUCKING. GO. ST.

Edit- I forgot to mention Baranz! Omg Baranz is the first enemy that will kill you instantly for having too much DFP. And Sinos in Mines. Jesus christ Sinos. My dont even flinch when you hit them. You go against 3 sinos and you fucking better have some sort of freezing attack. Otherwise you wont be able to squeez in a single attack.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ilr2000 on 2004-07-07 12:44 ]</font>

darthsaber9x9
Jul 7, 2004, 03:37 PM
im going to tak some points on to the end of your rant.

WAY TO GO HAVING AREAS WHERE ENEMIES CAN ATTACK AND WE CANT

WAY TO GO HAVING WALLS THAT STOP OUR MAGIC BUT NOT THE ENEMIES'

AquaFlare7
Jul 7, 2004, 03:55 PM
On 2004-07-07 13:37, darthsaber9x9 wrote:
im going to tak some points on to the end of your rant.

WAY TO GO HAVING AREAS WHERE ENEMIES CAN ATTACK AND WE CANT

WAY TO GO HAVING WALLS THAT STOP OUR MAGIC BUT NOT THE ENEMIES'

There are also tricks that allow us to attack but not the enemy. One instance is the non-circluar dead end rooms in caves (the big ones) the back wall dips out at 2 spots and if you get right in there the enemies wont even think you exist. Another is the obvious gifoie behind a door trick. The only thing that makes me upset is the high defense kill. Since you dont get knocked down you get brutalized by the group as mentioned in the first post. Now that I think about it, the stone wall sinows do get annoying >_<

DruidMettool
Jul 7, 2004, 04:57 PM
Baranz + 800 or more DFP = Fucked

Kuea
Jul 7, 2004, 08:14 PM
me and photondrop were pwning almost everything in mines

that is till we got to the baranz

needless to say all 3 of us died

then we went on pwning everything else

lain2k3
Jul 7, 2004, 08:29 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif wow thay was funny.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif wow that is true.

InfinityXXX
Jul 8, 2004, 01:19 AM
That is so right ilr2000. I have a problem on ultimate caves when the enemies hit me at the same time and i recieve both of their damage and due to my high defense i stand up not blocking and before i use my trimate i'm hit by another enemy, instantly dying.

Kadavreski
Jul 8, 2004, 01:36 AM
maybe in the next gc pso, eh?
it is genuinally annoying, but maybe its to be fair on newbs?

still no excuse/