PDA

View Full Version : Connection troubles

Ratsmack
Feb 20, 2001, 10:13 PM
Okay, my friend has just gotten PSO, but apparently her Dreamcast modem doesn't like her. Now, she uses the normal phone line, nothing special or anything, but she's getting the message "failed to connect to server. please check yourphone/network line and make sure it is connected properly." She did check, everything's kosher in that area, or so she tells me. Anyone got any suggestions I can give her as to what exactly to do or where she should look for problems?

Syntax
Feb 22, 2001, 12:13 PM
well, With dial up and an error like that there are a few simple thing she should check. First off is it the same wall jack that her computer uses or is she using a seprate jack. A good way to test the line is to hook a phone up to it and try dialing. If you can hear the server's handshake then it is more than likely a problem witht he modem/settings. ICQ me if you need more info, I work at the Computer Center at Michigan State Univeristy so I am always on...52373062

-Syntax

Telochupoto
Mar 3, 2001, 10:25 AM
What service is she using to log on?

PS: if its seganet... tell her to put the @sega.net in her log on name... that used to happen to me, but the above fixed it. Hope it works.