PDA

View Full Version : Anchorman alleyway battle

RicoRoyal
Jul 9, 2004, 07:07 PM
This was going to go in the off topic forum until I realized ... ummm, yeah, it's best if it was made here. Without further delay, i present "RicoRoyal laughing his ass off for 5 minutes straight and almost fainting from it towards the end"

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*commence crying + laughter* ...buaHA..aHA..ajch.. hahahahahahahaha alk3jqlk2 *commence lack of oxygen + laughter + crying* .... errr, i don't quite know how to type that one out (heck... i couldn't even do crying)...

Ummmmmmm yeah! If you like SNL skits with will ferrel, or perhaps enjoy dumb and dumber (not dumb and dumberer) type comedy, then you must simply go watch this movie. Take friends for added laughter. Avoid people with poor sense of humor or be prepared to get fingers pointed at you for laughing too much. Fight scene... newscaster calling shell (yes... like from ocean)... jack black + motorcycle + burrito + dog... did I mention fight scene?.... just go now........

Sef
Jul 9, 2004, 07:08 PM
omg teh spopleieesrs!!1

Tact
Jul 9, 2004, 07:11 PM
I have to see that movie. It'll look great! I want to see the burrito kick butt in the fight scene.

doubletake123
Jul 9, 2004, 07:13 PM
ya i have the anchorman icon for my instant message. its teh cooliest.

Myopathy
Jul 9, 2004, 07:18 PM
I plan to watch that when I get the chance. I think I'm going to watch King Arthur tonight though.

Good movies I've watched this summer in chronological order (All should go and watch):

Troy
Shrek 2
Battle Royale 2

Yup, that's it. I watched Garfield, and that was disappointing to say the least. I also watched Suicide Circle, but although it's a good movie, I wouldn't exactly recommend that one for it's kind of weird, hard to understand, and is NOT for people who have a light stomach.

doubletake123
Jul 9, 2004, 07:21 PM
ya troy was pretty sweet and you haven't seen spiderman2 yet? oh and i still have to see dodgeball.

RicoRoyal
Jul 9, 2004, 07:31 PM
Well, if you like Troy, then I suppose King Arthur is right for you. Both are nothing more than excuses for large battle scenes (a big fad these past 2 years) and poor storytelling. Have fun at the movies, I still highly recommend Anchorman over Arthur, but I have little or no say in the matter seeing as how I havent seen the latter.

Garfield... sorry you had to see that. Shrek 2, great as the first one, but nothing new either. Spiderman 2 gets my recommendation; it makes even the hardcore spiderman fans like it, what with it's hints at coming sequals and possible villans. Terminal is fantastic if your into those types of movies. Dodgeball was your slightly above average summer comedy (I enjoyed, but not everyone might agree). Word to the wise, stay the hell away from Chronicles of Riddick (it's just vin diesel looking over his shoulder half the time). Also... added note, if you go see Around the World in 80 days, why don't you save yourself the time and kill yourself right now (if you read the book or even saw the half-true-to-soure play, you will despise the movie). SO what the hell was I getting at? Errr yeah... have fun in King Arthur, hope you like it, but do go watch Anchorman afterwards, or something else, as there are better things.

navci
Jul 9, 2004, 07:51 PM
I heard Troy is really, REALLY boring. I was gonna go see it, and decided I'd rather save those money for food.

Battle Royale 2 sucked so much ass it is horrible. I mean, it is basically the same freaking thing with new faces. I http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif of it completely.

Watch "Waterboys" instead. It rulez and it is really funny. And it has a guy with a fro in it.

RicoRoyal
Jul 9, 2004, 08:05 PM
DELETED'D'D'D

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RicoRoyal on 2004-07-09 18:21 ]</font>

Myopathy
Jul 9, 2004, 08:12 PM
On 2004-07-09 17:31, RicoRoyal wrote:
Well, if you like Troy, then I suppose King Arthur is right for you. Both are nothing more than excuses for large battle scenes (a big fad these past 2 years) and poor storytelling.

I don't know exactly how much you remember of the movie, but try to remember exactly how many real battles scenes there were. There was really only one. The first encounter after Hector saves his brother from Menelaus. The others were just battle "set-ups" to lead to more important things (like the little event between Hector and Patroclus). The truth is, I believe the movie was done very well, in terms of the book. The plot was not very consistent, but in movie form, I wouldn't expect them to be able to convey the book's plot. However, everything else was almost 100% consistent with the book, especially the character development. Also important plot pieces were not left out (i.e. Hector and Patroclus again). I know a lot of critics said they didn't like the movie. But from most of those reviews, you could tell they had never read the book. (Ebert was complaining about how Achilles shouldn't be going against Agammemnon, even though that sets up the entire plot to the Iliad).

On 2004-07-09 17:51, navi wrote:
Battle Royale 2 sucked so much ass it is horrible. I mean, it is basically the same freaking thing with new faces. I http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif of it completely.

The first 20 minutes of Battle Royale 2 is almost identical. But the rest of the movie is COMPLETELY different. Completely different psychology, completely different aim, completely different purpose. How can you say they were the same when in one, the students were killing each other, and in the other, the students were all working together. That leads to completely different outcomes. The original Battle Royale was focused mainly on the killing (i.e. How people got killed, who was doing the killing, etc). Battle Royale 2 actually focused on the students themselves. It personified them a lot more. The students were actually showing more emotion and the psychology of the movie was completely different from that of the original. Just because it was done the same way (With the kill counter and keeping track of deaths), after awhile, did you really care about who was dying anymore, and how many students were left? That's the thing about BRII, it took the focus away from the killing and onto the students and the issues that faced them. Anyway, I will admit the second movie is not as ground-breaking or anything, but it was still done very well and was FAR from just a copy of the original movie.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ezellaur on 2004-07-09 18:17 ]</font>

RicoRoyal
Jul 9, 2004, 08:15 PM
Hi! Let's start over. I'm RicoRoyal

Click Here (http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Comedy/Anchorman&image=anchorman18.jpg&img=9&tt=) to see a picture of what I was trying to show in the previous post. Much higher res but still requires a link to the site rather than just a picture (lousy bastard movie websites).

Myopathy
Jul 9, 2004, 08:19 PM
On 2004-07-09 18:15, RicoRoyal wrote:
Hi! Let's start over. I'm RicoRoyal

Click Here (http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Comedy/Anchorman&image=anchorman18.jpg&img=9&tt=) to see a picture of what I was trying to show in the previous post. Much higher res but still requires a link to the site rather than just a picture (lousy bastard movie websites).

Is that Mo Rocca? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

RicoRoyal
Jul 9, 2004, 08:28 PM
On 2004-07-09 18:19, Ezellaur wrote:
Is that Mo Rocca? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Close... Steven Carell. He sure was awful in Bruce Almighty (one of my highest ranking movies in my "worst.movie.ever" list). But don't let that stop you... he is great in Anchorman. You might think at first that he is going to be the smart, "really want to do my job" reporter type guy. You'll find out right from the start that he is actually

***SPOILER***

mentally retarded, with an IQ of 48
***END SPOILER***

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RicoRoyal on 2004-07-09 18:33 ]</font>

Myopathy
Jul 9, 2004, 08:34 PM
Ugh! OMG! *bang himself over the head*

I can't believe I got those too mixed up. I mixed up Daily Show coorespondents. I will be greatly punished for this. Excuse me, I have to go repent.

navci
Jul 9, 2004, 09:38 PM
edit: Words were typed.

edit: I still think there are better movies than BR2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: navi on 2004-07-09 19:43 ]</font>

Myopathy
Jul 10, 2004, 01:05 AM
On 2004-07-09 19:38, navi wrote:
edit: Words were typed.

edit: I still think there are better movies than BR2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: navi on 2004-07-09 19:43 ]</font>

Huh? I totally missed it. PM it to me, navi. Yeah, BRII did not make a good first impression on me. I initally did not like the teacher as much, and it did just seem like a copy of the original. But that only lasted once their collars were disabled. That allowed for the real movie to begin. So the movie grew on me, and while I was watching I realized I liked it a lot.