PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to Bother you but...

Sayara
Jul 12, 2004, 02:54 PM
I got to rant for a second.

I'm sick and tired of being commented/ask/etc on the deal is all that i draw is Anime-esque drawings. (ie "You draw the same things over and over again..blah blah.") This little messgae is to all of you who go about telling me this.

Its what I want to draw. And i seriously dont give a rats ass about what you think about it. If i wanted to draw Real Life or Scenery or anything else. I would, no question about it. But get this.... i want to draw in the Anime Style. Ok? So get over it or leave, its no snot off my nose...

Thank you.

FOAtHeart
Jul 12, 2004, 03:07 PM
Omg! This happens to me all the time!

"That doesn't look like an eye"

Blah blah blah

"Hair isn't supposed to look like that"

blah blah blah

Oh my fucking GOD! This isn't realism!

DX<

Well, I can relate to you, if that's any consololation. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Sayara
Jul 12, 2004, 03:13 PM
I never get complaints about HOW it looks (minus my non "oh my goddess you need good better woman [ie chest area]" its just i'm bothered by the many-a people who complain about that all i draw IS the Anime Style and not Realist or Vector or Animals or whatever.

Sharkyland
Jul 12, 2004, 03:34 PM
You developed your own type of style that you shouldn't care about what other people say. It's your own style and no one else's. All we artists want to have our way of drawing, our own style, and our own type of expression. If they tell you this ain't real, then forget them, let them complain... just focus on the criticsm on what needs to be improved or whatever.

KodiaX987
Jul 12, 2004, 03:56 PM
Last time I attempted to draw a car, my father peeked behind my shoulder and said "What's that? Looks like an airplane..."

I never attempted to draw again.

Armok
Jul 12, 2004, 04:19 PM
Ppl tell you to try new things cos most ppl think anime is *not my words* Shit.

Why would an teen spend their whole life drawing shit japanise type chars theres no big money in it (well not unless your brillaint and get real lucky).

Ppl like to see pictures of things they relate to such as cartoon chars from disney and Warner Bros. Only a select few attually watch manga or japanise anime (wow I know its shocking) so don't espect everyone to care.

Also try different art styles its a sign of creativity rather than being a robot that just copys one type of art. Learning all the types of animation will eventually help you diversify your own style of drawing.

Dangerous55
Jul 12, 2004, 04:23 PM
Are you showing it to people or asking them to look at it?

Sayara
Jul 12, 2004, 04:30 PM
On 2004-07-12 14:19, Armok wrote:
Ppl tell you to try new things cos most ppl think anime is *not my words* Shit.

Why would an teen spend their whole life drawing shit japanise type chars theres no big money in it (well not unless your brillaint and get real lucky).

Ppl like to see pictures of things they relate to such as cartoon chars from disney and Warner Bros. Only a select few attually watch manga or japanise anime (wow I know its shocking) so don't espect everyone to care.

Also try different art styles its a sign of creativity rather than being a robot that just copys one type of art. Learning all the types of animation will eventually help you diversify your own style of drawing.

I know theres a select few who watch or even know what Anime is. I'm fine with that. What i am not fine about is people bickering about my wanting to do something. Which in the case here, Drawing the Anime Style.

Though you do make a very good point.

On 2004-07-12 14:23, Dangerous55 wrote:
Are you showing it to people or asking them to look at it?

I only show off work when i souly wish to. Most of the time its people looking over shoulders. Like what happened to Kodiak.

Scejntjynahl
Jul 12, 2004, 04:42 PM
On 2004-07-12 13:56, KodiaX987 wrote:
Last time I attempted to draw a car, my father peeked behind my shoulder and said "What's that? Looks like an airplane..."

That is so unlike you... I was expecting more like you shoving your pencil in his eye and drawing a car with his blood as he passed out or something...

Outrider
Jul 12, 2004, 05:12 PM

Maybe you're just really good at drawing airplanes.

navci
Jul 12, 2004, 05:29 PM
On 2004-07-12 14:42, Furankunichan wrote:

That is so unlike you... I was expecting more like you shoving your pencil in his eye and drawing a car with his blood as he passed out or something...

Ya know. Sen has a point. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif That is so not Kodi of you.

On topic: I do understand the kind of frustration you are talking about. My parents like to tell me that, well they want me to stop doodling altogether for the rest of my life prolly. It sucks.

Armok
Jul 13, 2004, 04:24 AM
On 2004-07-12 15:12, Outrider wrote:

Maybe you're just really good at drawing airplanes.

Thats so funny, credit for to Outrider for making me laugh.

Sharkyland
Jul 13, 2004, 04:42 AM
Really out-of-topic... I forgot it was 'this' thread and when I come back later to look at what was in this thread again, the phrase 'do you have any Grey Poupon?' latched onto the end of the title.

space_butler
Jul 13, 2004, 05:35 AM
I dont draw anything. ever. I just got fed up of people saying 'thats shit' or whatever (and it was, apparently I have a form of mild dispraxia). ignoring peoplr dodnt work...but at least you can draw well, probably better than the people criticising it..

Sayara
Jul 13, 2004, 03:49 PM
On 2004-07-13 03:35, space_butler wrote:
I dont draw anything. ever. I just got fed up of people saying 'thats shit' or whatever (and it was, apparently I have a form of mild dispraxia).

Ok, you know what i'd do in a situation like this. I'd go, "Oh Really? Think so? Show me hows it done then." And 99.9% of the time they can't produce anything. Since they have no right to even say something is crap (when they cant produce anything even worthy to be called crap. They have no room to talk.

astuarlen
Jul 13, 2004, 04:10 PM
Ok, you know what i'd do in a situation like this. I'd go, "Oh Really? Think so? Show me hows it done then." And 99.9% of the time they can't produce anything. Since they have no right to even say something is crap (when they cant produce anything even worthy to be called crap. They have no room to talk.
Well, no one should be telling you your work is "crap" no matter how poor it is; that's just extremely rude. Whether or not they can equal or top your work is irrelevant, and the "you can't do better, so shut up" argument doesn't hold water. Yet just because someone can't draw or paint very well, it doesn't mean they don't have a right to point out flaws. Sometimes it's easier for someone with very little artistic experience to point out errors than to try to divine what's wrong on your own. If someone calls your art crap, just ignore them; they don't deserve a response. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif

KodiaX987
Jul 13, 2004, 04:17 PM
On 2004-07-12 15:29, navi wrote:

Ya know. Sen has a point. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif That is so not Kodi of you.

Navi, my dad was even Kodier than I was.

You can only guess the carnage he could cause when he was pissed. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Armok
Jul 13, 2004, 04:18 PM
I can do art like Penny Arcade very well myself. Basically cos I wasted all high school doing it.

We once got wasted at our student flat and had to draw a picture of Gary our flat mate. Gary Stuck my picture of him to his door which I'm quite proud of. Once I work out how to access my free webspace with this annoying server I may post some.

Sharkyland
Jul 13, 2004, 05:41 PM
On 2004-07-13 13:49, Tingle wrote:

So true...

Bradicus
Jul 13, 2004, 06:04 PM

You and Outrider just had to steal the whole comedy quota of this thread.
Oh well, i guess i'll just twiddle my thumbs... It's not like i would have said something new anyway >_>

Err... Topic? Right!

I draw stick figures with knives. Compared to me, Tingle must be frigging Picasso.