PDA

View Full Version : Some older people make me sick.

Newdroid
Jul 12, 2004, 06:42 PM
I myself am 13.For some odd reason,people hate to speak to us!I have the mind of a 16 year old or higher.People,why are some folks like that on this site?

I mean,I was chatting with FOAtheart.When I told her my age(she asked)she started to disrespect me!

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 12, 2004, 07:00 PM
In all honesty, you'll probably understand when you're older. It's surprising how much you don't realize until you've had enough time to reflect upon it. Shamefully, 13 year olds have a rather bad reputation on the net, and once you get to 16 or maybe 18, you'll realize just how bad most are. It's unfortunate, but even if you're an exception, you may be subject to the stereotype.

I've been there myself, albeit, that was about 10 years ago. You'll learn to deal with it.

Still, stick with your intelligence. Develop it. It'll only make you that much better as you get older.

Guile
Jul 12, 2004, 07:07 PM
Don't let it get to you, age is just a number. I guess some people just feel they are better than others just because they are older, but they forget they themselves were once 13. This also has to do with the whole noob thing, I really hate the fact people disrespect people new to a game so much just cuz they are confused and such.

Newdroid
Jul 12, 2004, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the support http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

navci
Jul 12, 2004, 07:24 PM
My bro is complaining about the same thing even though he is 20. The stereotype takes quite a bit of time to go away. Unfortunately.

FOAtHeart
Jul 12, 2004, 07:41 PM
Yay! Let's bash me! -_-

Ok, I see where you're coming from, but I wasn't bashing you. You're taking things that I say out of context and warping them around.

Just like a 13 year old.

So maybe I wasn't fair when I said "GENERALLY 13 year olds are idiots.", but you turn around and bash me in rants because of that single comment?

You're making me out to be this horrible person, and that's hardly fair to me. :l

That's all I have to say, and I'm not coming back to this thread.

Let me know when you've grown up. XP

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FOAtHeart on 2004-07-12 17:43 ]</font>

DruidMettool
Jul 12, 2004, 07:56 PM
Well, 13-year-olds have a VERY bad reputation of being n00bs, destroying Online games, flooding chatrooms, wasting bandwidth, stealing bandwidth, trying to be like everyone else, worshipping DBZ, ruining forums, trolling, asking obvious questions, having needlessly long AIM names (applies to girls only), blogging, and basically making the internet a bad place.

So it's natural that people will assume you are like the rest of your age group. If all else fails, lie about your age.

Nai_Calus
Jul 12, 2004, 08:01 PM
...And FO@<3 just proves the original poster's point.

Me, I don't give a shit about age. Can you type like an intelligent person and not a complete fucking moron? Can you carry an intelligent conversation? Are you interesting? Ok, good.

I know 15 year olds I happily talk to, and 20 year olds I dismiss as morons and ignore.

ABDUR101
Jul 12, 2004, 09:46 PM
Idiots come in all ages. Rejoice!

And next time, try abit of tact, like not mentioning someone's name if they are a member of the forums, as we don't want any flaming to start over what happens in any other media.

And I doubt you can say you're as mentally adept as a 16 year old, even then it's only a three year "jump" so to speak.

Roll with the punches though, and if someone doesn't want to be around or talk to you because of your age, who's loss is it? Entirely depends on those involved.