PDA

View Full Version : DENIAL the first step of Addiction?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 9, 2002, 11:50 AM
I have over 500 hours of PSO logged/counted/whatever you want to call it.

Many players have way more than me but I sometimes wonder if I'm addicted to this small game disc(PSO v.1 and as recently as yesterday v.2!).

I usually deny it but then I play alot and daily as a matter of fact. Does this make me an addict? Maybe, but since I deny it, "I think not!"

Addiction is defined as having an urge to do something in face of dire consequences.
Ok. Urge to play? Check. Consequences? No.

Wow I'm not an addict! But then am I a obbsessive compulsive for wanting to play morning noon and night? Argh...something more to think about.

If anyone is reading this post, tell me how your PSO lifetime has been and if you consider yourself an addict.

ABDUR101
Jun 9, 2002, 12:24 PM
This is your intervention!

We will now beat you with wooden spoons while covering you in jello and whipped cream!

...ok, maybe not >_>

I've played for just over 500 hours, and i'm a lvl 127 HUcast. I've stopped playing for quite a while, so, eventually the urge just leaves you. I haven't left the game for good, but a good hiatus to catch my breathe and wash in a shower of blood from all the fallen enemies behind me.

Alielle
Jun 9, 2002, 12:56 PM
I've logged about 504 hours on my main character, and who knows how much on my other ones. I'm not really addicted, though... just dedicated. I used to play almost every day when I could get online, but now that I have broadband, I don't play much anymore (I don't have a BBA).

Falkon
Jun 9, 2002, 01:10 PM
I only played about 120 hours. But I only had one phone line, and a friend who spent most of the time using my internet access...so that probably had SOMETHING to do with it.

Needless to say, I'd love to play again, but the addiction isn't around anymore.

TeamPhalanx
Jun 9, 2002, 03:32 PM
I've never denied that I'm a PSO addict. It's usually fun to poke fun of myself because I am one. Yesterday I did 25 forests, just to try and find something good @_@

Falkon
Jun 9, 2002, 03:37 PM
Lucky. My ISP won't let me on, and my dad has to fix my dreamcast's ISP settings yet... (He blew out the DNSes by mistake. =P)

Guile
Jun 9, 2002, 03:38 PM
I dunno I'va had tons of diffrent chars and had about a main char with more then 100 hours on each turn that kept getting erased..

got PSO on the first day and played it for about a year

Nerd
Jun 10, 2002, 02:26 AM
I played daily (675 hours on my main guy) up until Valentine's Day, when my router suddenly died, or RoadRunner changed somethin, anyway...so i havent played since.

Kent
Jun 10, 2002, 03:07 AM
I've been playing online up until I got Cable, which was last summer/fall (somewhere in there). The internet connection through a PC didn't work, adn I couldn't find an affordable BBA. So... bye-bye online... I'd estimate I have about 500 hours across all my characters (at least). It was good while it lasted, and you can bet I'll be back on GameCube and/or Xbox!

Psylocke
Jun 10, 2002, 06:17 AM
I play entirely too much! Granted I haven't played in like 3 weeks, but I haven't had the time really. When I play it's usually for like 8 hour stretches, give or take a few hours, daily or every other day. I'd say that's far too much time spent in front of a video game! But do I care? Hell no! And I don't call it addiction. I call it obsession.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 10, 2002, 01:17 PM
Too bad all the memories from past characters can't live on onto the new versions unless you make the characters again. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Soo much experience gained. Soo many items found. Soo many PSO friends made. Soo many times bsoded from lag or otherwise. Makes me want to play PSO all over again with a new character, six in all now. O_o

I have to find a way to meet up with the PSO friends of past on the new consoles if the DC server is shut down in a bit. E-mails I guess. Anyone else have a better plan to keep in touch with your good PSO buds when the XBOX and GC games come around?

ABDUR101
Jun 10, 2002, 01:21 PM
On 2002-06-10 11:17, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
I have to find a way to meet up with the PSO friends of past on the new consoles if the DC server is shut down in a bit. E-mails I guess. Anyone else have a better plan to keep in touch with your good PSO buds when the XBOX and GC games come around?

I only know afew on PSOW, the majority were made in-game long before I ever played with anyone here at PSOW. I miss them, and I wonder what they are up to these days, but thats in the past.

*drifts with the wind*