PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind for xbox..anyone have it? if so i need serious hel

OMAR
Jun 9, 2002, 01:38 PM
man this game is huge, detailed, and kinda interesting...but the thing is.. i dnt know how to fight...i dnt understand the battle system not 1 bit...its so freaking confusing..im in the beginning pretty much and i have to fight some sorcerer guy that brings a skeleton guy out....i swing my weapon......and nothing happenes at all! i just swing and they swing at me....and half the time they hit me..i cant even touch him..and i have pretty good weapons and armor(stole most of them...lol thats so kool) i mean my whole body is covered in armor and i have about six different weapons all of different types....i just dnt know how to hit people..its so freakin frustrating..i swing swing swing and im lucky if i get one hit...and then he hits me like twice and im practically dead...grrrr..anyway someone please help..if you have any tips or anything please help..

Kent
Jun 9, 2002, 01:43 PM
Well, first off, what kind of weapons are you using?
What are your character's stats?
What about class?
And birthsign?

If you can give me those, I can help you actually hit things.

OMAR
Jun 9, 2002, 03:38 PM
WEapons- i used some long sword and an axe
sign- The ritual
stats-um very basic i guess im not to sur but they barely increased since the begining like my athletics is 26 thats all i really know cause thats what i gained when i last died:p
class- um im a dark elf and like a knight or something...i cnt check my game right now cause my cousin is playing halo and he doesnt want to get off..but still shouldnt it be easy to hit? i mean i press r...im right in front of the guy...and im constantly moving that way he doesnt hit me...i mean i dnt know what else to do!

Kent
Jun 9, 2002, 08:03 PM
I would have gotten the Warrior birthsign if I were you... it makes it ALOT easier to hit enemies.

Hows your skill with a long sword/axe?
What about your agility?

Heh, on my character, my athletics skill is around 70, and so is his strength. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
That makes for HUGE jumps.

OMAR
Jun 9, 2002, 08:16 PM
yeah but im in the begining and i dnt know how to level up..i figure i level up by fighting and stuff but i cnt fight cause i dnt know how...he cant hit for shit and i die in like 3 shots...dude i havent raised nothing...im still lev one...this is like a pc and ive never played pc rpgs and there is a difference...i dnt know...i need to get some dwmer puzzle box for someguy that way he will talk to me...but i have to kill a wizard before i can pass the bridge..and how else do i gain exp or whatever?

Kent
Jun 9, 2002, 08:34 PM
Gaining levels is a but wangy in this game.

You don't get EXP or anything for killing stuff.

You know how sometimes you'll see a message saying a certain skill has increased? Every time you get 10 skill increases (one skill increases 10 times, ten skills increase once, etc. you get the idea), you gain a level and can distribute 3 stat points, a la Diablo 2.

Skills themselves get experience, and get better over use. For example, running around will increase Athletics, and jumping around will increase Acrobatics.

As for that wizard on the dwemer bridge, he was pitifully easy for me, but I never joined the mages' guild (I think you have to get the cube thing for one of thier quests).

Since you're only level one, and haven't gotten far, you might want to consider remaking your character, with The Warrior as his birthsign, if you plan on going melee.

My Khajiit character kicks all asses he comes across (when provoked, of course).

One more thing. You will become over-encombered in the game, so you should consider stealing (yes, stealing) a house from someone. Run in the house (picking the lock if necessary), kill the owner, and clear the shelves/bookcases/tables/whatever, and place all the stuff you want to keep there, and you might want to use the Mark spell if you have it.

goldman
Jun 10, 2002, 12:57 AM
one thing though

for me this game is great for the expolring factor

and so far I have been amazed every fricken hour by heading into a new area and just being amazed,

one thing I want to do is make another charater but man

I just don't know how can i play this with more than one charater and manage to give them all good play time

as for the house thing I use that first cave that is the base for your first quest as my home
sometimes I trek all the way there http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Smasher
Jun 12, 2002, 12:56 AM
My charicter is an imperial and he kicks ass anytime. As for the wizard first go to suran then buy dreugh cuirass, helm, and shield (check around)and ebony bracer (steal if you can't afford). Now find a person that teaches spells (try different people) and learn the chamilion, hide, invisability spell (could be called either of these) then use the spell at the bridge and with luck he won't see you, also if you want get a santuary spell it helps. Good luck! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif