PDA

View Full Version : Don't like kids? Then stop having them.

DruidMettool
Jul 14, 2004, 08:19 PM
You often hear people talking about how much they hate human children. But it's really sad when they have children of their own. You're not only being a hypocrite, but you're an idiot as well...

Why do people continue to have babies? Nobody likes babies. I'm sick of seeing babies... listening to babies, and being around babies. Sure, you may not like babies, but having them as you hate them is about as bad as it can get. A friend of mine got pregnant recently. Luckily, she had a miscarraige. She really hates children, but she didn't abort because of her religion. How shameful... putting your religion before your own free will.

Want a kid? Adopt one, then. There is no reason to bring another worthless being into our already corrupt world. He isn't going to be successful in life anyway. And besides, you SUPPOSEDLY hate children anyway. More kids means we'll go into a mass-extinction even sooner (Starvation and overcrowding). And with the Catholic church trying to PROMOTE Childbirth, It makes me think that the Catholic church is trying to wipe out our entire race as soon as possible.

Grahh... I feel like stopping by the abortion clinic and handing out Job Applications to the picketers. Then maybe i'll punch them...

Eanae
Jul 14, 2004, 08:30 PM
Have some issues do we? If you don't like children, like you said, quite simplely don't have them. I'm free to do what I want. I personally dislike kids, but that isn't going to stop me from having them. Why? Quite simply, I'm not ready right now. Obviously seeing as I'm a 16 year old male who's had to grow up around so many kids, I've gotten sick of them. But still, that won't stop me in the future. I don't wish to adopt. I want to keep my, and my someday wifes family line going. I want the child to be mine. Not someone elses who shouldn't have had it in the first place. You have to be smart about these kind of things. Don't have sex until after marrage. Abstense is the only birth control that works 100%. But if you want to do it anyways, don't be a fool. Wrap your tool! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ness
Jul 14, 2004, 08:38 PM
First of all, it is embedded in our minds to pass our genes. That is why most people would rather have their own children than adopt. Second, you can't blame Catholicism for the increasing number of kids.

I agree with you, however; if you don't like kids, then don't have any.

Mixfortune
Jul 14, 2004, 09:50 PM
On 2004-07-14 18:19, DruidMettool wrote:

Why do people continue to have babies? Nobody likes babies. I'm sick of seeing babies... listening to babies, and being around babies. Sure, you may not like babies, but having them as you hate them is about as bad as it can get.

I'm not sure if this is what your opinion is or if you are giving examples of what some people might say, but "nobody likes babies" and then something along the lines of "if you don't like babies, don't have them", seems confusing, since indirectly meaning that no one should have babies...

All of a sudden the races of the future will find out what made humans extinct... was it nuclear warfare... an asteroid... or a series of years where there was no new generation being born? Heh...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2004-07-14 19:51 ]</font>

Shammed
Jul 14, 2004, 10:16 PM
What the hell! You complain about how the world is corrupt with worthless beings, yet you're strictly opposed to the thought of over-crowding which "speeds up the process of extinction"? By your logic, you should be COMPLETELY happy with the uprising childbirths since you believe it'll kill us faster which would end the worthless masses of people. Make up your fuckin' mind.

Anyway, bottom line is: (a) people are stupid, (b) people are going to fuck, (c) babies are often the result of unprotected stupid sex. Live with it.

Oh yeah, and babies are a magical gift from heaven. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

KodiaX987
Jul 14, 2004, 10:34 PM
Well, it's a trade. Either the earth overpopulates and dies, or you get to be freed from the incessant sources of shit and fuckeries that are babies. I'd personally choose the latter. o_O

DruidMettool
Jul 14, 2004, 11:38 PM
I apologize... I posted this thread when I had just woken up and yeah... uhh...

I'll take my +1 thingy now. Thank you. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

WraithVerge
Jul 15, 2004, 03:46 AM
Good idea. How bout we just up and stop reproducing, then we'll all have nothing to complain about anymore! All stress, hate, means to biyatch about something will be gone. Life (death?) shall be wonderful.

-_- ... seriously though, I understand your point Druid probably more than you know. While I see that you posted that in the morning when you weren't thinking clearly, I feel somewhat obliged to respond to it (I am tired as hell and this will probably look stupid).

Want a kid? Adopt one, then. There is no reason to bring another worthless being into our already corrupt world.Want a kid? Adopt one, then. There is no reason to bring another worthless being into our already corrupt world.

That whole 'adopt a kid' rant is pretty messed up. While it is understandable, at some point there will be no kids to adopt and someone will have to produce some to make (eh? *mumble* I meant 'have to produce some more kids so we can adopt them'.)

A friend of mine got pregnant recently. Luckily, she had a miscarraige. She really hates children, but she didn't abort because of her religion. How shameful... putting your religion before your own free will.

I'm not going to get into abortion nor religion...

You often hear people talking about how much they hate human children. But it's really sad when they have children of their own. You're not only being a hypocrite, but you're an idiot as well...

I, too, don't understand WHY people say they hate kids yet they give birth to them and raise them. I also see the simple fact that the Earth is getting WAY to friggin overcrowded. Much like filling a large glass container with 30 rats then giving them a small bowl of food and water to feed maybe 5 of them and occasionally resupplying. Over time, competition kicks in and the 'needs' override everything, thus the rats will begin to kill each other. Mind you, this probably won't happen to humans. Instead, the glass container (representing the Earth) will wind up shattering and the rats (representing the humans) will have to survive in a dead environment.

OK... that was a horrible example. The point of all that is not animal cruelty, but to show you that due to over-population Earth will eventually die and we're all fucked.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WraithVerge on 2004-07-15 01:52 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WraithVerge on 2004-07-15 01:52 ]</font>

Nazo
Jul 15, 2004, 12:33 PM
Wraith puts it interestingly 0.o... rats and glass... that makes a good seminar..

*jots down analogy*

Personally though, I think its because we're human that we do such things. I'm not so sure about real-life America, but I would think that to raise children, would be because they love them... at least somewhere deep in their hearts.

As for mother who change their minds one way or the other... I know I sound like a bookworm saying this, but I recommend "A Child Called It". Its a horrifying, real story about a young boy who was abused by a mother. She used to be wonderful- the idealistic mom, until she found alcohol. Being fired from work, his dad helplessly falls under her pressure and deteriorates from the image of "My Hero" to a servant. Just terrifying.

Overpopulation on the other hand... All I can say is, good heavens- I hope I won't be there when that last straw breaks the mule. Seriously though, there's:

-The Matrix ending: i.e. humans are held captive by some external force, and drastically limited in number.

-The Armageddon ending: i.e. We all die.

-The Passion of the Christ 'ending': i.e. Some magic here, some more magic, and voila! You never saw more than a handful of humans on this planet, all pollution is gone, and all resources replenished! yay!

or...

-My ending: i.e. the mule breaks.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif Who knows?

soccerdudegy
Jul 15, 2004, 01:28 PM
Ok, since it obviously seems to be the cool thing to post in this thread I will. I will address the over-population part, because thats all I want to do. The world's not over poplutae dright now, and yes it would eventually reach that point in the future, but how long in the future? very far, and well past your and my own lifetimes. I mean of coarse we have countries like China where the entire population would start walking past you in a single file line, and would never stop because of the rate of reproduction, and that is a country where abortion and contraception would be a good thing. We then have a country like America, where the rate of reproduction is dropping off rather quickly. In the future, when we would be technologically advanced enough to not require this deficit of man power, we could handle not that much of an increase in population, but folks, we have to look at this logically. Human's, be it for sex, fun, pleasure, monitary gains, or work, ARE needed, and until we have an alternate that is reliable for all those things, we will just have to put up with ourselves.

Outrider
Jul 15, 2004, 04:09 PM
In my opinion, people just have to stop whining about kids. Guess what? You were all annoying years ago as well. Get over it.

I'll bet that in ten years, when most of these people are a littler older and a little wiser, they'll have gotten over this phase and will want to have lots of little babies with their significant others.

(Eh... maybe more like fifteen years... not entirely sure how old most people are on the forums.)

darthsaber9x9
Jul 15, 2004, 06:41 PM
On 2004-07-15 10:33, Nazo wrote:
As for mother who change their minds one way or the other... I know I sound like a bookworm saying this, but I recommend "A Child Called It". Its a horrifying, real story about a young boy who was abused by a mother. She used to be wonderful- the idealistic mom, until she found alcohol. Being fired from work, his dad helplessly falls under her pressure and deteriorates from the image of "My Hero" to a servant. Just terrifying.

that is a truly shocking book. i meant to read the follow ups but never got round to it

Shammed
Jul 15, 2004, 10:27 PM
On 2004-07-15 16:41, darthsaber9x9 wrote:

On 2004-07-15 10:33, Nazo wrote:

that is a truly shocking book. i meant to read the follow ups but never got round to it

Yes, that book is like, extremely fucked up. At least from the little bit of it I read years back.

Nazo
Jul 15, 2004, 11:51 PM
Good to see that some of you are doing your homework...

But seriously, things like that shouldn't happen in America. Same with cigarettes- now that's one hell of a problem here in Korea as well. You can't walk ANYwhere without having to face cigarettes in one form or another.

Ban it, Blue House. Ban it, dammit. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

LollipopLolita
Jul 16, 2004, 03:09 AM
and i wonder who here is matured enough or is financially, physically, psychologically and mentally ready or apt to have kids? or at that point to start seriously thinking about it in the proper and responsible way. anyone? anyone? right...

DarthFomar
Jul 16, 2004, 11:53 PM
I'm not particularly fond of little kids. I don't hate them, I just don't like being around them more than I have to be.

I do hope this changes over time.....because I seriously do plan on having at least on child.

*thinks, how awesome that would be*

Just.......if you ever see me in the movie theater with my wife and baby.....start looking at the wife, cuz I am so against bringing babies to the movies. Mostly because, I've come to realize that doing so spoils the mood for everyone, especially when the baby cries and the parents do nothing. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif