PDA

View Full Version : Castlevania fans...

Psylocke
Jun 10, 2002, 12:17 AM
For anyone that does not yet know, there is a new Castlevania game coming out for Game Boy Advance. I've seen stills and it looks pretty damn cool! The music is sure to be incredible because my very own beloved male Queen of Visual Kei, Mana from Malice Mizer, composed and performed the music. I do not have a GBAdvance, but I am going to get one for the sole purpose of getting this game! *grin*

RuneLateralus
Jun 10, 2002, 12:23 AM
Yes, I want this game SOOOO much (on the same level as Malice on XBox). The game keeps the tradition of Symphony on the Night, even allowing you to play as a descendent of a character from Castlevania III (Juste Belmont, despite his name, is related to the sorceroress Sypha Belmades). The game, from the looks of it, already looks a lot like SOTN (the game uses the same sprites and even some of Alucards were used for Juste). Hell, the first area is extremely similar to the Castle Entrance of SOTN.

Now all I need is the Dracula X for the PSX and I will be REALLY happy.

Deathscythealpha
Jun 10, 2002, 08:12 AM
Ill be getting Castlevania: White Night Concerto (i think thats how you spell). The Castlevania games kick ass.

And i was pissed off yesterday to find out that EB would never Castlevania for the PSX in, its that hard to find.

TeamPhalanx
Jun 10, 2002, 10:00 AM
I have been keeping an eye on Castlevania: White Night Concerto/Harmony of Dissonance for some time now. The game is already releaed in Japan, but the US release date has been pushed back. The game is now scheduled for a September release.

Early word is that the game looks and plays a lot like Symphony of the Night, but the sound/music is a disappointment.

Last_Saiyan
Jun 10, 2002, 11:00 AM
Well some of the improvements are that the graphics will make it better to view and so you wouldn't have to strain so hard. All they had to say was that it plays like Symphony of the Night...I'm pretty much sold at that point. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 10, 2002, 01:25 PM
Castlevania has been great to the GBA already and a new better looking game albeit w/ grainy sound will continue that lineage.
EGM said that the game's programmers spent way more time on graphics than the music and vice versa on Cirle of The Moon.
I actually bought the Circle of The Moon game when it was on sale because of the rave reviews but I have no GBA!

Kent
Jun 10, 2002, 01:26 PM
More Castlevania = More money spent on batteries for my GBA.

The only GBA games I played more than Circle of the Moon are Golden Sun and MegaMan Battle Network..

KodiaX987
Jun 10, 2002, 01:40 PM
I got the chance to download the Japanese version to check out on a GBA emulator. The game is very enjoyable and I know I'm gonna have good fun with it, but my favorite still remains Circle of the Moon. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I like its sound quality better and... At least I can understand what each character means. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif