PDA

View Full Version : Why am I even related to this person?

navci
Jul 15, 2004, 09:02 PM
I woke up at 5 this morning randomly because I was thinking too much about the apartment hunting and deciding stuff that I can't go back to sleep. So. I kinda fell asleep just now.

I got up and bro is already home. He heard me woke up so came and asked how the application of the apartment go and then, made a really big deal about my throwing away a plastic cup that he had. (the plastic cup in question here is one of those you get a slurpee with a plastic cup in convinience store type plastic cup) He always yelled at me about plastic cups like that. And the thing is, if you see a plastic cup, dirty, on the kitchen counter, and knowing that your bro like to leave garbage around, what do you do? YOu throw it away! He yelled about it and saying I am always throwing away his stuff. Geebus, if I don't throw garbages away and wait till HE does it then this place would have been buried with empty bottles and shit already.

That is not all. With the application process both people who will live there has to sign the application, and as well as the lease. See, I told him we should have gone together today, he has class at 13 and doesn't get out of class until 17. I said well 17 is pass people's office hour, I asked him to go in the morning. Like, 11 or 12 or something. He said, well why don't you just go alone. I did anyway. But apparently he has to be there also, so I told him he has to go tomorrow also. He looked at me with unbelievable eyes like, "how dare you suggest people wake up so early?" type things.

... The new apartment is going to be a one-bedroom apartment. That is cuz we wanna save a bit of money for rent and well, the one bedroom we found is large enough that a chunk of the living room would be able to be a "room" technically. Anyway. He told me this morning saying that he wants the room, and made a long speech about why he needs the room. Fine. Having the room or not isn't really the problem, the problem is his attitude being.... actually it has been like that lately. He thinks he is the important one and I am some shit sticking on the floor. So he gets to say everythinng because he is in school now and I am still unemployed. He uses that as an excuse to make me to every single thing about the move and all the tedious stuff. (not that he used to do anything when he doesn't have school, he just sleeps all day).....This is just insulting. I am human too, dammit. And technically he isn't contributing to the apartment financially either, so why does he think he is better?

... I am sorry if everything is incoherent. I kinda did just wake up from my nap and I am very angry and sad.

Para
Jul 15, 2004, 09:43 PM
I thought you and your bro were good buds o_O
Maybe you just caught him on a grumpy day?

navci
Jul 15, 2004, 09:51 PM
On a good day I can tolerate most of his horribleness. On a bad day I wonder why I am related to him at all.

Para
Jul 15, 2004, 09:53 PM
well i guess it was just a bad day...
Im sure it will subside but your bro should take abit more responsibility with his belongings.

tai_EX
Jul 15, 2004, 10:00 PM
i have 7 siblings and im the oldest one out of all of 'em. So sibling rivalry is quite high in my parents house! as for your apartment situation, my old roommate was the same as your bro. He was quite critcal about his stuff, yes even his trash... But as for the room thing, im very sorry thats happening to you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif my heart goes out to you, if i had some extra room in my apartment i'd offer it to ya... but in a 2 bedroom apartment with 3 people.. heh. you would kinda end up in the living room here.. sry i cant help http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Subliminalgroove
Jul 15, 2004, 10:02 PM
I know what your complaining about though. I had a roomate in college that was exactly like that. Pissed me right off the way she did things.

Nai_Calus
Jul 15, 2004, 10:04 PM
On 2004-07-15 20:00, tai_EX wrote:
i have 7 siblings and im the oldest one out of all of 'em. So sibling rivalry is quite high in my parents house! as for your apartment situation, my old roommate was the same as your bro. He was quite critcal about his stuff, yes even his trash... But as for the room thing, im very sorry thats happening to you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif my heart goes out to you, if i had some extra room in my apartment i'd offer it to ya... but in a 2 bedroom apartment with 3 people.. heh. you would kinda end up in the living room here.. sry i cant help http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Wow, no offense, but what the FUCK is wrong with your parents?

tai_EX
Jul 15, 2004, 10:09 PM
heh. no offense taken! well my step-Grandma had 8 kids, and my stepmom wants to be just like her... the thing is.. they live on a farm as well we have 2 horses and 2 sheep (orignally 3, but one died) not only that but my family is primarily catholic, like the 16th century kind... if you know what i mean. ^_^; sorry i know my family is weird, i only want one kid, 3 at max...

navci
Jul 15, 2004, 10:19 PM
On 2004-07-15 20:02, Subliminalgroove wrote:
I know what your complaining about though. I had a roomate in college that was exactly like that. Pissed me right off the way she did things.

Well see, this is the thing I don't understand. This dude is a kin. Why must he hates me so much?

One of the reasons he said he should get his own room is that he only stays in the room while apparently my living space is also out in the living room and kitchen.

WHY IS MY LIVING SPACE IN THE KITCHEN?

Making food for your lazy ass!
Gah.

tai_EX
Jul 15, 2004, 10:31 PM

YOU LIVE IN YOUR KITCHEN!?!? thats horrible http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Para
Jul 15, 2004, 10:47 PM
On 2004-07-15 20:19, navi wrote:

On 2004-07-15 20:02, Subliminalgroove wrote:

Well see, this is the thing I don't understand. This dude is a kin. Why must he hates me so much?

One of the reasons he said he should get his own room is that he only stays in the room while apparently my living space is also out in the living room and kitchen.

Making food for your lazy ass!
Gah.

Hmm interesting... and who pays the rent for the apartment?

Nazo
Jul 15, 2004, 11:58 PM
One thing- I'm still confused. You're older than him right?... Where's girl power gone off to these days? *looks around*

...so your brother isn't helping at all... still. If this was a home situation, and if I were you, I'd be telling on mom. But then we wouldn't be worrying about apartments would we? :S... But seriously, tell him: "Look, I need you to come or else, no apartment. We move. We must. We have to." And if this doesn't work, we need to either get that guy a girlfriend or do something to help his mind back upon this Earth... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Good luck with that!

navci
Jul 16, 2004, 01:07 AM
On 2004-07-15 20:47, Nites wrote:
Hmm interesting... and who pays the rent for the apartment?

Neither of us. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
As I already mentioned above. But at least I work on managing it.

Sagasu
Jul 16, 2004, 01:40 AM
Simple..

God hates you.

Nazo
Jul 16, 2004, 03:05 AM
On 2004-07-15 23:40, Sarunakai wrote:
Simple..

God hates you.

Awww... hey come on! Its her brother that's problematic right now... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Scejntjynahl
Jul 16, 2004, 09:23 AM
On 2004-07-15 19:51, navi wrote:
On a good day I can tolerate most of his horribleness. On a bad day I wonder why I am related to him at all.

Because your mom and dad got drunk and bam, here came your bro.

Seriously though, why do you do everything. You are damned if you, and damned if you dont. So dont. It is not like he will care, until he needs too.

Subliminalgroove
Jul 16, 2004, 10:14 AM
the problem with that is she doesn't want to live in a pig sty. Most of us would prefer to live in a clean space. All it takes is a moment of time and less than an ounce of energy to pic up your trash and dump it in the bin. If you let it sit, eventually your exasperated will do it and be pissed off at you.

He should be grateful to you for keeping the cocroaches at bay, Navi.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Subliminalgroove on 2004-07-16 08:14 ]</font>

Aredhel
Jul 16, 2004, 10:17 AM
I say you take all of his plastic cups and other whatnot lying around the apartment and just one day stuff it all in his room - if he wants to be the one to have his own place, then maybe he should learn to take care of it, eh? Make him realize what a shithole he's made your house become by concentrating it all on "his" area. I know none of us are perfect (you probably make messes too) but there is a certain line that people cross and they never even realize it.

i.e.- living with my cousin for a while was very fun but also very aggrivating: he would often-times leave dirty, wet towels all over the floor from his shower until one day I grabbed the salad tongs and transported all the wet towels onto his bed. He thought that he'd left a wet towel on his bed in his inadvertance and from then on was a little more careful about just leaving stuff lying around. I then proceeded to wash the salad tongs http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

But my point is that most people make it miserable for their roomates without even truly knowing it. By knowing it, I don't mean that they've been confronted about it before; if you've already one day told him about his problems, he most likely dismissed it as you nagging to him about something. Sometimes it takes a little dose of self-realization for people to change their ways. For the meanwhile, just be patient with him and seize every opportunity to make him see the error in his ways through his own eyes. After all, you're family and you're supposed to stick together even when you can't stand it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aredhel on 2004-07-16 08:20 ]</font>

anwserman
Jul 16, 2004, 10:23 AM
I say you do this.
Sit there and bitch at him.

Honestly, one of the reasons why he's taking advantage of you is because you let him. You sit there, take all of his shit and then post on PSOW about it. Well, posting on PSOW does jackshit about the problem.

The problem will resolve (at least partially) if you bitch at your brother like he does to you. Prepare a speech ahead of time, and deliver it at the best time possible. And if he gets violent... well, thats a whole new situation. That the cops can deal with. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

tai_EX
Jul 16, 2004, 10:52 AM
i would agree with him... the cake REALLY creeeps me out 0_0

or maybe that cake could just eat Navi's bro? answerman do you think you could let him out of your sight for one moment and let him munch the jackass?

navci
Jul 16, 2004, 12:11 PM
On 2004-07-16 08:23, anwserman wrote:
Well, posting on PSOW does jackshit about the problem.

I don't like to solve problems when I am angry, it makes you do and say stupid things that you don't intend to and usually adds to the problem.

So I rant about it, feels more at peace, think about it some more, then goes to deal with it.

Nazo
Jul 16, 2004, 01:04 PM
On 2004-07-16 10:11, navi wrote:
[quote]
I rant about it, feels more at peace, think about it some more, then goes to deal with it.

And that's why the creation of this forum on PSOW. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
And the moderators of PSOW said: "Let there be RANT.." ... and there was Rant.

Keep working at it navi. The main thing that's important here is that he realizes that he's no longer in La La Land anymore, and that he should be focusing on getting first stuff first! Get it through him, even if you have to bitch at him like answerman said.

Firocket1690
Jul 16, 2004, 06:08 PM
On 2004-07-16 11:04, Nazo wrote:
And the moderators of PSOW Kodi said: "Let there be RANT.." ... and there was Rant.
Tidus is still hawt. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Nazo
Jul 17, 2004, 01:19 AM
Awwwhhh hey, what's that? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 17, 2004, 07:13 AM
My older bro did the same type of thing to me the other night.

I tossed out some old milk that smelled horribly bad and was one day past the expiration date, thus bad milk/spoiled milk.

He angrily accused me of not letting him have the milk for his fruity pebbles. My gawd he's 21 now, why does he need fruity pebbles. I didn't eat any cereal which I wanted because the milk was bad, I tossed it out for the good of the household.

When he argued over it I told him it was bad and one day past the expiration date as well. When people don't listen to reason then there is nothing you can do.

Don't sulk over it and sit in a dark room bored out of your mind with crappy television shows on like I did though. Then proceed to cry about something so minor but then bring about past feelings and hurtful times and experiences, which adds to the flame.

"Is there something wrong with your eyes? Do you need eye drops?" "No I'm fine." "Do you want something to eat?" "No." "Don't scare me."

I was damned depressed over something so little and because of past things my older brother did to me as well.

Very hard to "let things go."
He went to the store and bought his own damned milk, and I won't ever touch it. Someone gets sick, probably him, it will be his own fault and misfortune.