PDA

View Full Version : SoA Ending

labratpat
Jun 10, 2002, 08:24 PM
Okay, here's the skinny; next to PSO, Skies of Arcadia is a butt-awesome turn-based RPG. Decent graphics, catchy tunes, in-depth story line, lots of crazy anime effects with s-moves, and interesting magic usage. However, I have just recently finished it up. It wasn't too much of a challenge, but the actual ending was CRAP!!! Vyse, the main character, decides to honour the villain by giving him a proper burial, being all polite and everything, and then you don't even get to use tehe ship at the end!!! And to make matters worse, it is like Zelda:Ocarina of Time, in which it does NOT save after the final boss. So you level up a ton, and then don't get to keep it. Is it just me, or is that a totally cruddy ending?

Balthor
Jun 10, 2002, 08:26 PM
it woulda been nice to find out BY MY SELF! -.-;.....*has never played SoA* someone please use that men in black mind erasure thing on me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ABDUR101
Jun 11, 2002, 06:05 AM
...WAY TO SPOIL THE ENDING DOOD!!

Damn, I'm going to start reaming people that spoil game and anime endings :

DIE! > Spoilers

labratpat
Jun 11, 2002, 06:05 AM
Cor... sorry about that... Forgot to put a spoiler warning on there. I have red blinking christmas lights if that'll help.

Whatley
Jun 11, 2002, 11:32 AM
I was kind of pissed too that he didn't get to keep the ship.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Whatley on 2002-06-11 09:36 ]</font>

Cube
Jun 12, 2002, 12:42 PM
The ONLY thing i didnt like about SOA was that you could not continue fm the ending and continue venturing in the game..

ABDUR101
Jun 12, 2002, 12:53 PM
On 2002-06-12 10:42, Cube wrote:
The ONLY thing i didnt like about SOA was that you could not continue fm the ending and continue venturing in the game..

Same here, I was expecting to be able to go back through everything, talk to everyone, and find stuff that I did'nt before :

Eh well, too bad :/

Last_Saiyan
Jun 12, 2002, 12:57 PM
Okay Mexi-Ted, look this way. *FLASH, there you go, good as new. From here on you don't even know that the game was ever released but you have this urge to try it out on the PS2. It's an awesome game and one of the few that engulfs you into the world. I swear it feels like you were there when you discover new lands. The orients rock!!!

Falkon
Jun 12, 2002, 01:08 PM
Didn't the PS2 port get canned?

LunarShadowX
Jun 12, 2002, 04:11 PM
Skies of Arcadia, in my opinion, has the best storyline AND ending of any RPG I have ever laid eyes on. It blows all Final Fantasy games away easily. While yes, it is annoying it doesn't save after the final boss, I really don't see too much of a fault in this, it's not like you're gonna play too much more after defeating the game anyways.

Last_Saiyan
Jun 12, 2002, 04:31 PM
Now that you reminded me, that Ramirez character was sick!!! His limit break was just plain fantastic, I won't spoil it for those who hasn't played it yet but it was a sweet sight. I didn't really remember the ending...but I remember it wasn't as good as battling the huge bosses, the Gigas. Now those were unique fighting and the drama never let down. I wish they make a sequal or something since they canned the PS2 project port.

Cube
Jun 12, 2002, 04:43 PM
Do not fret!

For SOA is coming to Gamecube....

And possibly along with a sequel.... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Jun 13, 2002, 12:55 AM
Man, I need to try this game, I've been hearing so much about it lately.