PDA

View Full Version : Do you belong somewhere...?

Sharkyland
Jul 19, 2004, 12:13 AM
Do you think sometimes that there is a place where you belong or relate to? Am I just thinking too hard or am I not searching? Does it feel like sometimes you are not suppose to be here? I dunno, I'm in this mood again...

navci
Jul 19, 2004, 12:15 AM
Yes. I believe I should be somewhere else doing something completely different.

This would link nicely to PD's rant about things you wish you havn't done. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 19, 2004, 12:23 AM
There was only *one* time when I really felt like I was where I belonged, and that was when I'd gotten a bit of aid from a couple of friends, and gone to Arizona for a weekend to attend a girl's prom.

I dunno, I think it was mostly because I was with good friends, and I'd gotten there without the help of my parents. Very much the opposite, in fact.

I think "the place you belong" really has to be a place that you've made for yourself. A place you've built up and achieved for yourself. The place at which your goal is. Until then, you're only on the path.

Sharkyland
Jul 19, 2004, 01:25 AM
Hmm, I have no goal in life and have no idea what my perfect life would be, so I guess I have a hard time trying to figure out the perfect place I want to be. I guess I'm trying to hard to be someone who I don't want to be and causing this to be a big lie to myself and not knowing the truth on who I am personally who I still don't know who I am.

navci
Jul 19, 2004, 01:36 AM
I know the feeling. It sucks.
But ya know, you can prolly make some short term goals and slowly work to a long term one... then maybe in tthe times of searching, you will come across the one that you want.

Of course. I am SO the person talking here. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

KaFKa
Jul 19, 2004, 02:50 AM
place i belong...

nope, cant ever say that i've felt that.

Subliminalgroove
Jul 19, 2004, 03:02 AM
Capoeria rodas...

With someone I love...

libraries...

That's probobly it. I think we go through most of our lives looking for places where we belong. When you find those precious few places and things, NEVER let them go if you can help it.

Blitzkommando
Jul 19, 2004, 03:06 AM
Ah, yeah... That feeling... Yeah, I think we all feel out of place sometimes, some of us more-so than others. I have always had some rather, strange, feelings, mostly of deja vu, as if I had already lived this life and that I had already moved on. Dreamt dreams and come to find out that what was in the dream happened years later. Guess that is a bit different feeling but tied in at the same time. But to answer, yeah, I have felt a bit strange lately. I recently went to Florida and visited where I had lived there just over 2 years ago. I kept finding myself thinking of Florida as home and not Ohio. Very strange feeling after realizing Ohio is home. I don't know though. Even in Florida, it is not quite, feeling like I belong there either. I mean, it has nothing to do with the people, my family is great, friends great, etc. But for whatever reason, I just have yet to find a place where I feel true belonging. Sometimes I think about my dreams about this subject, and, every so often, I wonder which is the true reality... Which tends to just freak me out and put me right back into the place I have been working hard to get out of... depression... Maybe that is what it is, what makes me feel out of place, maybe the depression. Maybe once that is gone, maybe, just maybe, I will truely feel belonging. But likely not, as, I have had that feeling well before depression.

On a similar note, I seem to have this very weird sensation that randomly occurs. I will look in the mirror, and not recognize myself. After a while I will realize that is obviously myself, but at the first moment, it is as if I am looking at someone else. The brain can play tricks like these though, where chemicals become imbalanced due to illness or whatever, and you can think some pretty wild stuff. I have been sick a lot over time and, that would fit well to it. That could be it, illness, allergies, or even body changes of some sort.

Mixfortune
Jul 19, 2004, 03:15 AM
Sometimes I wonder how I am myself.
The things I see had come to be, but without a universe there would be no difference.
Either way, when I think that I am myself, and how my reality may not be, my mind branches out into the plausibilities of creation, only to end up no better than I was before.

Still fun to contemplate about it all, though.
And the only places I fit are the places where no one really knows what I am. Figures.

Nazo
Jul 19, 2004, 05:15 AM
NO!!! Must.. resist... bad... Linkin Park pun...

..that was easier than I thought.

If I were to belong anywhere, its in the ground yo. After I die. But while we're at it, there have been- ironically- similar incidents...

I'm 15- so I guess its normal for the Mewtwo approach: "Who am I? Where is this? Why is that scientist wearing spandex...".. Uhm, as I was saying, its kinda hard to know what we're gonna do or where we're going to end up. Some people choose to take up religion and act blind & deaf. Some decide to just follow their paths, and a rare few- go against everything. Everything.

I think you should let it kinda slip next to you. Its important that you think about it, but its also vital that you don't let it trouble you. I, for instance, am a weird crossover of international cultures/religions/wtf and all. But being pure Korean blood, I have a natural tendency to be more authoratative(sp?) and stick the rules, not the loopholes. But because of that culture, I kinda integrate both. For example: I'm Korean. I'm not supposed to wonder about me... which... kinda doesn't make sense in writing. But I get depressed all the time! And I think at night of various things that no sane person would think about!

(hey, I should write some of those ideas down at FKL some time... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif)

Its best to kinda wonder about this before you sleep in bed. I have insomnia so I use it to pass time, but for you it should help you go to sleep as well. And scientists say, I quote from ye MUCHO olde Scientific American:

On XX-##-200X, Scientific American wrote:

Night is when people think best. Its when they resolve problems, remember things that shouldn't be forgotten, and write down the day's worth of work in their brains before sleeping.

^_^ Just a bit of advice... from a different perspective I guess.

Musashiden
Jul 19, 2004, 04:27 PM
I'm new so none of you know me, and i'm sure i got this wrong but most of the time i feel as if i belong in the past fighting in battles of old. Oh well, that's just me.

Sef
Jul 19, 2004, 05:43 PM
With my friends or my love(n/a d'oh!).

On the computer seems good too...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Kadavreski
Jul 20, 2004, 07:18 AM
On 2004-07-19 14:27, Musashiden wrote:
I'm new so none of you know me, and i'm sure i got this wrong but most of the time i feel as if i belong in the past fighting in battles of old. Oh well, that's just me.

welcome to hell.

KaFKa
Jul 20, 2004, 07:21 AM
*digs up the link*

Kadavreski
Jul 20, 2004, 07:22 AM
*sniff*

you'll get suxored in soon.

_Ted_
Jul 20, 2004, 09:30 AM
What the heck is a thread like this doing in FKL!?

Scejntjynahl
Jul 20, 2004, 09:39 AM
On 2004-07-20 07:30, _Ted_ wrote:

Oh noez, we invaded _Ted_'s special place where he belongs... FKL.

Solstis
Jul 20, 2004, 09:58 AM
Belong?

WTF does that mean?

Nai_Calus
Jul 20, 2004, 10:14 AM
I constantly feel like I don't belong here. Don't belong in this place, this body, etc. It fucking sucks.

_Ted_
Jul 20, 2004, 02:36 PM
On 2004-07-20 07:39, Scejntjynahl wrote:

That hurts......like having my heart removed with an ice cream scoop! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Sef
Jul 20, 2004, 02:43 PM
On 2004-07-20 12:36, _Ted_ wrote:

On 2004-07-20 07:39, Scejntjynahl wrote:

That hurts......like having my heart removed with an ice cream scoop! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

And ice cream scoop already filled with ice cream!