PDA

View Full Version : WANNA TALK IN ALL CAPS?????//

LoreSeeker
Jul 20, 2004, 12:48 PM
Seriously, what's with people talking in all caps? Why bother? It only makes you look like an idiot. I picture a fat caveman talking whenever someone refuses to turn off their caps lock. I think what's even worse is when people talk in all caps and they don't even have a keyboard. Here's a typical conversation for you to gawk at:

Loser: HI
Me: <Hello symbol chat>
Loser: TP?
Me: mine
Loser: WHICH 1 IS URS
Me: dude, lose the caps lock
Loser: WUT?
Me: move your left pinky 7/16" to not sound stupid
Loser: NO KB
Me: then why are you talking in all caps?
Me: lowercase is closer to space
Loser: FASTER
Me: dammit, i hate vega

It's damn near impossible to find a decent game anywhere, because there's always some sort of problem (and I consider myself to be less picky than most because I don't care as much about legit/non-legit). It seems that there's always someone in every game who is talking in all caps, stealing all of the exp with their FOnewm who conveniently has Red Merge equipped, or used AR to get to level 200. The amount of people in PSO who never graduate from noobhood is becoming overwhelming...

Kuea
Jul 20, 2004, 01:08 PM
0_o

I have no keyboard yet but I try to talk properly

unless of course it is like TP or or something else

it is funny to see a "legit" person join your game and talk in all caps and see you using a BKB which makes you a hacker or cheater or whatever

funny because the force insults you deals more damage with one hit then your whole comboo then leaves saying you ruin the game

well that was way off topic http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

but all in caps is anoying unless it is used for something that doesn't make the person seem like a neanderthal with 2 brain cells

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 20, 2004, 01:46 PM
People just don't seem to understand that the way you type places an affliction on the message. TYPING IN ALL CAPS generally gives the impression of yelling, so if you go around TYPING IN ALL CAPS, then people are inevitably going to read that as you going around yelling everything you say. Which does indeed make you seem like you're lacking some sort of mental capacity.

Now, I'll admit, using shortcuts in PSO when you don't have a keyboard can certainly make things easier, and when that's the case, I don't blame people for using them, seeing as, in a real-time situation, the software keyboard can relaly hold you up.

But yeah, I agree... If you're only going to type in one case, it's probably better to go exclusively lower case. It's simply more polite.

Ness
Jul 20, 2004, 04:07 PM
I think people type in all caps just to be cool or be different.

Nazo
Jul 20, 2004, 11:31 PM
Ugh, they're everywhere. Thank GOD for the non-existance of caps in Japanese!! XD ... though they're polite anyway.

But this doesn't just apply to PSO. I've had random crackheads add me on MSN, and start spamming in caps. Some people know I have this thing against it, so they start speaking in CAPS JUST TO ANNOY ME. LOLZ. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif I say "No" to this.

Maybe we can sign a pertition to ban all caps in a sentence. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif That is, if Bush signs it.

Armok
Jul 21, 2004, 03:10 AM
I aint got a keyboard yet (adaptor in post for 2 weeks so far dam it). I tend to type in all lower case or use

Hello>Everyone message types

Always fun

I think ppl in vega are generally retards. How they every manage to work out how to pay a HL is behond me.

Garanz2
Jul 21, 2004, 06:22 AM
I think ppl in vega are generally retards. How they every manage to work out how to pay a HL is behond me.

Mommay! Can I yooz yoor credi card too pahy four dis kool gaym I juzt stole? *dribble*

[/exaggeration]

I quit renewing my HL ages ago. The amount of tards and lack of security on PSO was what really made me stop playing.

Sef
Jul 21, 2004, 07:19 AM
On 2004-07-21 01:10, Armok wrote:
I aint got a keyboard yet (adaptor in post for 2 weeks so far dam it). I tend to type in all lower case or use

Hello>Everyone message types

Always fun

I've seen you around as Armok 1.1

And I have to agree with what you say. I usually use WORD SELECT(lol). Either that or I just type regularly(Caps in the right place) with the in-game keyboard. I plan to buy an adaptor though...Soon.

Armok
Jul 21, 2004, 07:36 AM
On 2004-07-21 05:19, Sef wrote:
I've seen you around as Armok 1.1

And I have to agree with what you say. I usually use WORD SELECT(lol). Either that or I just type regularly(Caps in the right place) with the in-game keyboard. I plan to buy an adaptor though...Soon.

Yep that would be me. I've been too the FKL block a few times, also been to Vega once or twice. Pickings for decent games are thin now on my native EU server

LoreSeeker
Jul 21, 2004, 09:13 AM
I really don't have a problem with people who don't have keyboards, as long as they are smart enough to figure out that lowercase is the way to go. I understand what it's like to have a keyboard, because I didn't have one for the first full month that I was online. I usually just tell them that the Powerboards are $20 at GameStop, and while Powerboards aren't the greatest, I prefer them over the software keyboard any day.

I also love seeing the people who type fast enough with the software keyboard to fool me into thinking that they're using a regular keyboard. One of my friends said "i need to get a kb" yesterday, and I was in utter shock, because he seemed to be typing pretty quickly. Crazy... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Superguppie
Jul 21, 2004, 10:14 AM
Yeah, with some practice, the software keyboard isn't too bad. I have some friends without a real keyboard, and have no problems with them. They are sometimes a little slower than the others, but they NEVER do the all caps thing. They also seem to hate language abuse. So as far as I am concerned anyone refusing to use lower case is just a lazy ass. And on average these are not the best people to play with anyway.

Daikarin
Jul 21, 2004, 10:53 AM
Jin-Even: Say, [insert name here], what was that rare you caught?
Jin-Even: [insert name here]?
Jin-Even: [insert name here]?!?
[insert name here]: WOT
Jin-Even: What rare did you catch?
[insert name here]: Y U WANNA KNO
Jin-Even: To see if I missed something good.

(3 minutes of silence)

Nazo
Jul 21, 2004, 12:49 PM
On 2004-07-21 08:53, Even_Jin wrote:

(3 minutes of silence)

>_< Oh MAN I hate it when that happens. I feel like approaching the person and ripping his cyber guts out, then tossing em to the evil sharks for a nice, healthy breakfast. Oh wait, my bad- he's superfluous in CHOLESTROL.

...did I say that out loud?

LoreSeeker
Jul 21, 2004, 12:53 PM
On 2004-07-21 08:53, Even_Jin wrote:

(3 minutes of silence)

Where did stupid people like this come from? Shouldn't natural selection have gotten rid of them a long, LONG time ago? I guess there's only one solution:

Don't do drugs while pregnant.

kthxbye http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_quickdraw.gif

Daikarin
Jul 21, 2004, 02:59 PM
Jin-Even: Was it a Hunter's weapon?
[insert name here]: NO
Jin-Even: A shield?
Jin-Even: Was it a gun?
Jin-Even: A photon drop?
Jin-Even: Your left eyeball?
Jin-Even: The Yamigarasu I always wanted to find?

Gah. Would it hurt to answer? I meet losers like these a lot, lately.