PDA

View Full Version : I'm not having fun and I'm ruining the game...?

LoreSeeker
Jul 20, 2004, 05:30 PM
First off, I'd like to say that super-legits are some of the funniest people on the planet because of their views. A couple days ago, I was told by a super-legit that my cheating in PSO entirely ruins all of his/her accomplishments in the game. On top of that, I'm apparently forcing legit players to hide away in locked games so that I can't mess up their game. When I said that I at least try to be fair about cheating, I was told that it was impossible. Is it really? I make sure that it's ok for me to join games with a non-legit character. I stay out of games that are marked legit only. I don't spread dupes around. I don't go in and steal all of the exp from everyone. I even let legits get first dibs on rares that drop, because if I'm using dupes, I probably don't need anything (except for my Kamui, which will drop one of these days and I will grab it off the ground before anyone can touch it... >_>)

The next day, another guy completely contradicted the super-legit from the day before and told me that I make his accomplishments even greater, not worse. Also, I was informed that it is impossible to have any fun at all while cheating. Is that so? I guess I wasted $8.95 a month and hundreds upon hundreds of hours playing a game while not having fun. Whoops. A perfect example of me cheating was when I maxed techniques on my FOmarl. Why? So I could support people and have fun sooner. Hot damn, that's a crazy idea, isn't it?

Silly people.

EDIT: no longer flaming any particular person

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LoreSeeker on 2004-07-20 15:48 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LoreSeeker on 2004-07-20 15:48 ]</font>

darthsaber9x9
Jul 20, 2004, 05:41 PM
your not allowed to single out and flame individual members here.

but that does seem pretty wack but i understand his position

Sharkyland
Jul 20, 2004, 05:44 PM
Gyah... I'm thinking of that one post someone made about a joke of being super-duper-uber legit. I usually avoid people who think I'm not playing legit. You can spend your time better at another place than arguing with some hardheaded person though you could just see me just sitting in there being a moderator trying to make everyone happy, but that's the idiot I am.

Solstis
Jul 20, 2004, 06:00 PM
Hm... I have wasted oodles of money on this game, and am planning to cut off my Hunter's License.

Would I be equally bored as a pure legit? Hell ya.

tai_EX
Jul 20, 2004, 06:17 PM
im an offline/online legit player... but im not SUPER-DUPER-UBER-SPECTACULAR-UNBELIEVABLE-SMASHING-ASSHOLE-legit. thats wrong when people judge in that sense. i've played with hacks and legits and theyre both fun no matter what. but most of the hacks i play with steal my weapons sometimes (if they steal my weapons, they just dupe 'em and then give 'em back) but everybody 've played with makes this game all the more fun!

DruidMettool
Jul 20, 2004, 06:18 PM
Almost all of the "Super-legits" I've met are guilty of item-transferring to their lower-level characters. It's basically the same thing as duping: Gaining access to items at a low level.

Heh, so you think you're legit? Ask yourself if you are next time you transfer...

Ness
Jul 20, 2004, 06:39 PM
Transfering does not affect your legitiamcy because you still earned those tiems.

As for all this cheaters vs. legits BS, I say that people whould just shut the fuck up and play how they want.

On 2004-07-20 15:30, LoreSeeker wrote:
First off, I'd like to say that super-legits are some of the funniest people on the planet because of their views. A couple days ago, I was told by a super-legit that my cheating in PSO entirely ruins all of his/her accomplishments in the game. On top of that, I'm apparently forcing legit players to hide away in locked games so that I can't mess up their game.

That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. There are so many things wrong with that person's way of thinking it's not even funny.

As for that not having fun thing, different strokes for differnt folks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ness on 2004-07-20 16:42 ]</font>

Solstis
Jul 20, 2004, 06:39 PM
On 2004-07-20 16:18, DruidMettool wrote:
Almost all of the "Super-legits" I've met are guilty of item-transferring to their lower-level characters. It's basically the same thing as duping: Gaining access to items at a low level.

Heh, so you think you're legit? Ask yourself if you are next time you transfer...

I would, and still think so.

Same thing as trading or getting free items from a good legit friend.

And who is a better friend than yourself?

Scejntjynahl
Jul 21, 2004, 09:48 AM
Just for fun I made one super-legit character. Ok here it goes.

A Humar (not my preference, but this was just a test) Requirements for UBER-SUPER-TRUE-LEGIT: No mats of any kind. No rare shields, barriers, armor, unit, weapon of any kind (even if I find them, leave the red boxes alone).

Use only the mates and fluids found on Ragol (no store buying) Use only "regular" armor, shields, barriers, weapons, found on Ragol. If any "regular" weapon is found that has ??? on it, I wont have it tekked!

Also never change mag, just use the one you started with. (In Example no transfering of any kind from my other characters) No accepting handouts of any kind (even money)

Hmm, results, after 4 hours of playing I am currently level 22 and still in caves >.> (And the only reason why I am even at that level, is because I found a slicer, and someone jumped in my game and helped kill things... otherwise, Ill still be level ten or so -_-)

Im keeping him for the sole reason if someoene starts bitching me about me been legit, I ask them to compare themselves to my legit character and then tell them to shut up. >.<

Blue-Hawk
Jul 21, 2004, 11:43 PM
Super legits, BAH! All I can say about them is this.
http://www.sonicrat.org/~vinny/jokes/Whoop-dee.jpg

LoreSeeker
Jul 22, 2004, 04:11 PM
On 2004-07-21 21:43, Blue-Hawk wrote:
Super legits, BAH! All I can say about them is this.
http://www.sonicrat.org/~vinny/jokes/Whoop-dee.jpg

Oh damn, I want a symbol chat for that, so every time I get pissed off by a super-legit, I can just start spamming it and they shut up.

Blue-Hawk
Jul 23, 2004, 12:08 AM
Hee hee. I had to use that. I've been looking for an excuse to use that since I found that at another board I used to post at earler this week.

SLON
Jul 23, 2004, 12:21 PM
I play legit, but I dont care if someone in my team isn't. The game is about having fun, right? As long as the duper/hacker isn't spoiling my game (like one-hit killing Da Ral Lie or something) then they can play with me any time. How do you know if someone is truly legit anyway (apart from yourself)? Just cos they arent using Dark Bridge or whatever, doesnt mean the weapon they are using aint a dupe!

Guile
Jul 24, 2004, 03:43 PM
Yeah I hate when people tell you how you should feel about a game just cuz they feel that way.

DruidMettool
Jul 24, 2004, 04:29 PM
I said this in another topic, but I think i'll say it again,

At this point of PSO GCs lifespan, i don't think it really matters who is legit and who isn't. There's only what, 500 people left? (not including Japanese players, which accounts for a good 4000 or so). I wouldn't think it would matter how you play... just as long as you can actually find someone to play with. You're paying 9 bucks a month to play on a dwindling-population server, so you might as well do what you want. As for Ep3, there's probably no more than 80 people who play it regularly, so go have a blast if you're still playing it.

I'm not promoting illegitimacy, and i'm not bashing the legits on this forum. I am simply saying that there is no reason to pick on someone for their playing style anymore. The most important thing is that you have fun with the time PSO has left.