PDA

View Full Version : memory card corrupted

Shiveley
Jul 23, 2004, 11:12 AM
Last night after my brother was playing online, he quit to get dinner. And when he came back on the whole memory card needed to be reformatted. Has this happened to anyone else or is it just mine. BTW my memory card is a madcatz.

SLON
Jul 23, 2004, 11:20 AM
Bad luck. It's one of the hazards of playing PSO, and it happens to most people sooner or later. Did you reformat the memory card? If not, there are some tricks you can use to try and retrieve the characters/items saved on it. Do a search on forums.
People will tell you to only use official Nintendo memory cards, but in my experience Madcatz cards are just as good (2 in use for nearly 2 years with no corruption).

Endu
Jul 23, 2004, 11:29 AM
Hiya Shiveley

My friend had the same problem but the only way to fixing it is to either getting a offical nintendo memory because madcatz is a cheap make no offense m8 but the differentes in the 2 memory card is madcatz hav muti-layers so every time u play a game and save it, its usings layers over layers causing until tht ur PSO data is gone but with the nintendo offical memory card it has the proper single layers so tht when u save each game it saves on its own single layer data so i hope tht helped.

Laterz

SJ
Jul 23, 2004, 11:31 AM
It my exp, 'reformat' is code for 'this card is total shit'.
Corruption is when you get fsod (in a save).
Every unofficial card iv tested online has to be reformatted or was 'damaged'.
It happens alot on FFCC aswell...

SLON
Jul 23, 2004, 11:55 AM
I've played over a thousand hours of PSO on each of my Madcatz cards. I think I've had value for money out of them! I can't vouch for official cards because I've never had one (why not? because when I bought my Cube I was given the Madcatz ones as part of the package). If Nintendo cards are more reliable then that's fine.

SJ
Jul 23, 2004, 12:00 PM
Aaa yes but the memory on each card might be diff.
My 4 mb Play On card corrut and my 64mb 1 hasnt (Its my second most used card).

Sharkyland
Jul 23, 2004, 01:56 PM
There is one method you can try and if you haven't reformatted already. Pull the memory card out and treat it like an NES cartridge (blow into the slot and blow into the memory card). I also have Madcats and they do that me as well.

Dhylec
Jul 23, 2004, 04:19 PM
if the card isn't formated yet, try the sticky in tech for a possible remedy
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=83644&forum=3&18

DLRK
Jul 23, 2004, 08:06 PM
yep happend to me plenty of times...one way to stop it is too...many times, like at least 4 times one time i was ast lvl 30

to prevent this

make sure that it is at the start screen ur bro possibly shut it off whil it was saving...and if the screen was balnk that counts so dont turn it off until its like half way through the start screens song

milat
Jul 24, 2004, 12:03 PM
Sry to hear that. My own has gone corrupt but only once. I didn;t reformat I just new pso files.

Dhylec
Jul 24, 2004, 12:35 PM
well, this has been out here long enough
though the tone isn't ranting, but we have a sticky in Rants for this so.. join it if you wanna

Bradicus
Jul 24, 2004, 12:45 PM
On 2004-07-23 09:12, Shiveley wrote:
my memory card is a madcatz.

There's your problem.