PDA

View Full Version : Question Ahoy

Sayara
Jul 23, 2004, 07:51 PM
Any posts after this one will earn a warning.

This the infamous Verbal Lock... What would happen if you accidentally Double Post... would you get Warning +2? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Mixfortune
Jul 23, 2004, 07:54 PM
I assume the same thing that happens if you bump two old topics at the same time before a warning. You would get a single warning. Of course, there aren't always set actions. There can be a number of different circumstances that can change the situation, as well as appropriate actions.

Now, here's a question semi-related to what you've asked. If someone posts within the same minute as a Verbal Lock, but it appears after (if it was not intentional, as they were posting as the Verbal Lock was in affect), would action against them still be taken? If that sort of thing hapened to me I would try and delete my post right away anyways, but I'm wondering what the action for such a situation would be.

Daikarin
Jul 23, 2004, 07:57 PM
The real question is, what kind of hell on earth would exist if Frink did a verbal lock on "The person above me thread"?

Tact would have traumas!

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Sayara
Jul 23, 2004, 07:57 PM
We oughta ask Cap'n Frink bout that... Since he should know! He's a Mod!

Mixfortune
Jul 23, 2004, 07:59 PM
On 2004-07-23 17:57, Even_Jin wrote:
The real question is, what kind of hell on earth would exist if Frink did a verbal lock on "The person above me thread"?

Tact would have traumas!

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Well, consdering you don't Verbal Lock a thread in a board that you moderate in...

Tact
Jul 23, 2004, 07:59 PM
Actually...I'd probably notice...

Mixfortune
Jul 23, 2004, 08:01 PM
On 2004-07-23 18:01, Solstis wrote:
Well, we all know those that double post in verbal locked topics get sent to... Ar.. Ark...

*dart hits Solstis in the neck, knocking him out*

Members don't go there. Threads do.

Solstis
Jul 23, 2004, 08:01 PM
Well, we all know those that double post in verbal locked topics get sent to... Ar.. Ark...

*dart hits Solstis in the neck, knocking him out*

geewj
Jul 23, 2004, 08:02 PM
Your warning count doesnt realy mean anything. It's just a general rule of thumb. If you're annoying enouhg then you can get banned on two or even one.

Sayara
Jul 23, 2004, 08:07 PM
Hmm.. i remember when eRUPT did it once to somebody...

And exactly HOW do you mod heads know how many Warnings each memeber has? Is it a hidden count on each member that only Mod/Admin can see or something?

Mixfortune
Jul 23, 2004, 08:10 PM
On 2004-07-23 18:07, Tingle wrote:

And exactly HOW do you mod heads know how many Warnings each memeber has? Is it a hidden count on each member that only Mod/Admin can see or something?

I was usually under the impression that members have a thread with a topic named after them on the God Board.

Solstis
Jul 23, 2004, 08:12 PM
On 2004-07-23 18:10, Mixfortune wrote:

On 2004-07-23 18:07, Tingle wrote:

I was usually under the impression that members have a thread with a topic named after them on the God Board.

Actually, eRUPT stores them all. Robot, after all.

geewj
Jul 23, 2004, 09:22 PM
All three of you are right. I'm not kidding.

Scejntjynahl
Jul 23, 2004, 09:27 PM
On 2004-07-23 19:22, Prof_Frink wrote:
All three of you are right. I'm not kidding.

Yes he is definetely not kidding.

Kadavreski
Jul 24, 2004, 04:20 AM
On 2004-07-23 17:57, Tingle wrote:
We oughta ask Cap'n Frink bout that... Since he should know! He's god!