PDA

View Full Version : 'You're wrong, I'm right'

AYY-BEE-CEE
Jul 24, 2004, 07:58 AM
This is the attitude of another person on here, not myself (notice quotation marks).

In the cheaters forum there was a debate going on about whether people thought that people who backed-up were entitled to call themselves legit. Obviously, there were arguments for against, many who said 'for' felt that they should have the right to safeguard their legit items should the worst happen. There were those who were 'against', saying that using a method which is technically a cheat makes you illegit (you acquire the items by cheating they say).

People may say what they like on this, but what I said was that I was against back-up-ers calling themselves 'legit'. I said that back-up-ers had cheated to get their items back so I said they could not call themselves legit, but I also said that I would still play with them and wouldn't tell them to get lost, like I would with people who use J-Swords in hard mode.

But whether backing-up is right or wrong is not my issue in this post. It was that someone started to have a go at me for holding these opinions.

I was insulted, with references which included rather offensive expletives made to myself, and was told my opinion didn't count. Erm... this is a forum, we're allowed to discussing things and have our own opinions aren't we?

I then PMed him later, saying that his response was rather offensive and uncalled for. I replied, having a go at me once more, telling me to get a life and such and such. I replied to him again, once again saying that I didn't like his behaviour towards me.

Today, I log in to this website and get another PM from him, he then calls me pathetic, tells me to get a life, saying I should get out more and stop playing this game and complains about my PM being a week late. Well, my PM was a week late because I haven't been playing the game much at all this week, and therefore haven't had much reason to come here. He says why am I complaining, it's just a game. Well, these forums are made so people can discuss this game, if I wanted to discuss real life I would go to the real life website and the forums there. He also tells me not to PM him again. So instead of PMing him again, I'll vent myself here.

Honestly, if that's the attitude we all express to each other here, isn't it no wonder that there is no stable community on the PSO server?

Ness
Jul 24, 2004, 08:03 AM
PSOW is just like any other forum. There are cool people here, but there are also jerks.

Armok
Jul 24, 2004, 10:59 AM
People take offence at everything the key thing is not to take it personally its not real life.

People online calling you pathetic and such is something which you shouldnt have to deal with but happens. Jerks feel safe being sat 10,000miles away and being unknown so can be as nasty and offence as they want without any real backlash.

AYY-BEE-CEE
Jul 24, 2004, 02:02 PM
Well I didn't actually take offence but I can imagine some people doing so, so that's why I called him offensive. I just don't understand why people have to react like that, and I don't appreciate being told my opinions should not be made just because they are different to his. I want to know what makes someone feel the need to insult someone just because an opinion conflicts to his own. Surely counter-arguments and then your own opinion is enough?

Daikarin
Jul 24, 2004, 06:39 PM
On 2004-07-24 05:58, AYY-BEE-CEE wrote:

Today, I log in to this website and get another PM from him, he then calls me pathetic, tells me to get a life, saying I should get out more and stop playing this game and complains about my PM being a week late.

Well, if it makes you feel better, I sent an insulting PM to some guy at the end of 2002.

I got his reply 3 weeks ago. So, don't worry about your little week of delay. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Honestly, if that's the attitude we all express to each other here, isn't it no wonder that there is no stable community on the PSO server?

There IS no stable community on the PSO server. Look around you, there's intentional FSODs and BSODs, symbol chat spammers, and jerks online.

We can only do our best to be ourselves in the middle of the cross-fire.

Blue-Hawk
Jul 25, 2004, 01:00 PM
On 2004-07-24 08:59, Armok wrote:
Jerks feel safe being sat 10,000miles away and being unknown so can be as nasty and offence as they want without any real backlash.

Then you get lucky an acidentaly run ito them in a local store. Happened to me a few years ago. I belonged to a now defunct board and some guy flamed me just for asking a simple question. Next day, I was visiting a friend in a game shop, overheard this 14 year old punk bragging to his friend how he flamed someone at said board, I mentioned I go there and asked his username. he told me, asked mine and I told him. Needless to say, he just stood there ready to shit himself. Little 5', skinny pissant against 6' heavy-set, muscular guy. Funniest thing that friend of mine has ever seen.

digigram
Jul 26, 2004, 07:11 PM
hello. I am the person in which AYY-BEE-CEE is speaking of.

first off. I never said I am RIGHT, you're wrong. I said that feeling superior in a game due to every little step and action another takes in a "game", is rediculous... mind you, while not directing the whole post to ABC, he took offense saying "wah, you shouldn't tell others to get a life when all I am doing was stating my opinion"

so. I wrote back stating "you are a hyprocrit", essentially he was not following what his first PM to me stated, which was, everyone is entitled to an opinion, in which it seemed that My Opinion wasn't good enough so it didn't count.

long story short, it took him 7 days to come back with a reply that hardly followed his original intent at trying to make his point clear that he was making himself look like a jackass by continually contradicting himself by telling me that, essentially, I am not entitled to have an opinion..

So i flamed him.. told him this game is pathetic, it is not worth the amount of feeling like GOD due to his hypocritical opinions being worth anything in the real world and he should get over it and "do not fucking pm me ever again".

It's fairly funny how you still think that I am the one at fault here kid. how about you get over it.. you lost me, when you started telling me simply not to have opinion and not to argue with your child-like ethics that are really reflecting how you act on here. hense... your utter NEED to prove how much better & valid you are by making a post flaming ME (though unnamed), and making other people look bad when, initially you are the one who fucked up by PM'ing me telling me that I should not have an opinion.

Hiding behind Texts and simply put, video game controllers is a 2 way street, I spoke my (this little thing called opinion) and you told me not have one.

That, in my book, set yourself up for this. btw, thanks for making this post not explaining ANYTHING that happened, yet instead just saying.... "this guy is an asshole but i'm not going to say who and why"

and was told my opinion didn't count
nice lie there BTW.

If you want.. I can sum it up by Copy and pasting his PM's to me.. including the original part of my post in which started all of this.. which, yes, I did tell him to get a life. which, after all is my opinion is it not.... i didn't start using harsh words until he felt the need to PM me, and contradict himself.

As well. following up on everyone elses posts... I am more than willing to give people my address and have them come here.. just ask for it. so the "pussy" thing is non-existant.. I don't claim that everything I say is right, I just try and clear up when people make mistakes... which, by responding to my opinion that rediculous power trips involving playing a game, are utter nonsense and that I basically feel sorry for people that MUST BE THE BETTER ONE.

It's awesome when someone does a doubletake on their own beliefs and fails to tell themselves to follow them. that is basically all that has happened between me and this guy... and I was getting sick of trying to point out that he was being a hypocrit by telling me that "other people have opinions" when I never fucking told him not to have one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: digigram on 2004-07-26 17:25 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: digigram on 2004-07-26 17:51 ]</font>

darthsaber9x9
Jul 26, 2004, 07:39 PM
digigram, no flaming. abc didnt mention you so there is no excuse for you to come and post them flames

digigram
Jul 26, 2004, 07:47 PM
Yeah..so I don't think i'll wait on this.. here you go, in order of posts. Although it seems, that ABC has deleted/edited his posts previous that built my "opinion" up. thanks ABC http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif here is one.

ABC

I would object to you calling yourself 'legit' if you're using duped back-up/replacement items. Even though you're not using BKBs and hacked mags, you have cheated your way to that position.

'Legit' means legit, and you can't change that to suit you.

ME
I'm really trying to hold myself back from breaking a forum rule regarding flaming...

one statement i'm allowing myself to AYY. get a life dude.. are you assuming the role of the straight edger of the PSO community... does being 100000% legit like you make you better than everyone else? .. I play legitimately, If I found and lost a hangun: guld due to the game freezing or a power outage, but had a backup, you better fucking believe I'd take that backup and be thankful that I didn't lose a 1/40000 drop that otherwise, I would have never found again. and I would still consider myself legit after the fact. who cares anyhow.

people like this shit, are not the people I consider respect worthy in the game.. you know, the people that treat the difference between legit/cheat, a life and death matter. I don't use hacked mags and I don't use hacked weapons and yes, I DO know when they are hacked. Are YOU the type of person that says !!Everyone and EVERYTHING must find only what THEY AND THEIR SECTION ID can find or else ...."you suck you lying hacked cheater "unlegit" fucking waste of life idiot faggot noob"... (not directed at ABC, was speaking speculatively.) notice how I did not tell him "your opinion does not count", funny isn't it.

him:

But the means with which you acquire your back-up gear could not be managed without use of a cheat device, and therefore is not legit.

I have no problem with you 'backing-up', but the problem I do have is you calling yourself 'legit' afterwards. I would still play with you even if you did dupe back-up items, but I wouldn't regard you as legit. That is what I think.

[b] me saying this right now
it is my opinion that that is your opinion of what ebing legit really is. If it makes you feel better by calling others that insure their waste of time earned items so that wasting 1000+ hours of gameplay all was for nothing, then so be it... but still. it is only your opinion.

ABC's PM to me: "I think you need to get a life if that's how you react to a difference of opinion."

my reply to him.
" don't you think you're being a hypocrit? "

his reply to me.
" No, because I did not call the original poster names or write with intention to offend, merely to state a point of view (my own). All I could see in your post was a flame at me.

My reply to this, that I'm saying to myself as I type... "then, you must be blind and or arrogant enough to assume that I intentionally wanted to hurt your feelings, yet you failed to see regarding what you thought was a flame, was my opinion of people like you that make other players just trying have fun while playing normally, feel lesser than yourself due to your superior opinions of how you think other people should play etc etc etc etc etc."

ABC.. I'll leave it to you to post that last PM by me.. I don't mind, because I was only speaking my mind and voicing my opinion over an arguement that had no basis, in which YOU, my friend, started.

in a nutshell it's a lot like my very last post on the same thread in which all of this stupid shit started..

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=85756&forum=4&start=50&75

have fun working yourself up on something so meaningless ABC.. I hope it was all worth it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: digigram on 2004-07-26 18:02 ]</font>

digigram
Jul 26, 2004, 07:49 PM
darth.. it seems you don't understand the difference between ranting and me telling ABC or anyone that I hope they die.. because that is not the case.

How is it, that I can be anonymously and incorrectly flamed by someone and not be allowed to clear up what "actually" happened. I mean, would you like me to accuse anyone of them doing something "oh so horrible to my eyes with naughty words and this guy is a mean asshole" that that person never did and have everyone say... well, there "are" assholes everywhere my friend, and "man what a jerk"..

i think not.. and otherwise, the thread in which this all started in the first place is fairly obvious to those who have seen it.. yes, i did go off on him, but I NEVER, said that his opinion didn't count, I just had a different opinion, and told him so. he then decided it was a brilliant idea to PM me, as if i'd take this personally, to tell me I shouldn't react to other peoples opinions.

still. I say.. 'you hypocrit.'

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: digigram on 2004-07-26 18:05 ]</font>

darthsaber9x9
Jul 26, 2004, 08:13 PM
meh i see your point. your post wasn't really full of flames as I immediately assumed ,so im sorry on that account. blame the fact that i am up late >_<

digigram
Jul 26, 2004, 08:14 PM
no problem darth.. i hold no grudge with you... you're actually one of the more calm and cooler members i see on occasion http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.. btw.. I hope you didn't take any "offense" to my post regarding flaming... I seriously didn't mean to be "offensive"

darthsaber9x9
Jul 26, 2004, 08:17 PM
haha thank you! no offence taken http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Firocket1690
Jul 26, 2004, 10:49 PM
Do not post private content or messages sent through our forums on another website without the explicit permission or consent of the author or the recipient of the private message.

teh rules

Oh, and hawk, I love your siggy. n.n

digigram
Jul 26, 2004, 11:15 PM
well then I admit it and am disregarding that rule one time for the plain reason that it could be used for someones biased arguement in which a person is bad mouthing someone else without telling the whole story.

EDIT-------------------------------
wait wait wait.. I read that over again... and i'm not breaking the rules.

on another website

so, I didn't break any rule whatsoever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: digigram on 2004-07-26 21:17 ]</font>

AYY-BEE-CEE
Jul 27, 2004, 05:41 AM
Well you admitted that you told me to get a life but you also called me a 'shit' and tried to completely discredit my opinions, placing a stereotype on me of the 'touchy uber-legit type who makes extremely offensive insults at non-legits'. That's quite offensive itself. I stated an opinion on what I think about back-up-ing and you jump to the conclusion that I am arrogant. Well, I did not form that opinion because I like to look down on cheaters, I did it because I view it technically as a form of cheating and acquiring items in a non-legit way.

I have gone through corruption and had to start all over again but if I chose to back-up I wouldn't feel 'legit', because I had cheated to get my stuff back. If people want to do that, then fine, I'm not going to flame them to hell and back like you seem to think. I just think that they don't have a right to that title as they are not strictly legit, unlike people who start all over again and pick up the items they find.

I'd feel sorry for people who lost their items and would accept it if they chose to back-up, but I'm not going to start calling them a 'dirty unlegit fucktard' or whatever you like to think up, so don't start discrediting my opinions, start insulting me and start making false assumptions by generalising legits into a certain catagory.

By the way, it didn't take me a week to think up a reply, it took me about a minute because that was when I logged on to this website.

KaFKa
Jul 27, 2004, 05:59 AM
could the both of you just get over it??

you've both stated your opinions, and neither are going to change them, so just leave the issue be, and give that dead horse a rest.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KaFKa on 2004-07-27 04:02 ]</font>