nosaJ
Jun 13, 2002, 06:42 PM
Do you think it's possible?

nosaJ
Jun 13, 2002, 06:44 PM
Read this http://www.iit.edu/~bosabri/time.html

Kent
Jun 13, 2002, 06:48 PM
Yes, because it's already been achieved.

Last_Saiyan
Jun 13, 2002, 06:53 PM
yes it can.

OMAR
Jun 13, 2002, 07:44 PM
hey im from the future...go figure:p but i cant get back home because you slow morons cant create another time travel machine (mine blew up) so i cant get back home...im mean in the future..pso is real..well it can be...nintendo xbox and playstation merge together and make ultimate system...and other junk..i'll send u a post card when i get back:)

Gryph
Jun 13, 2002, 09:16 PM
Hey I can time travel. In fact I'm doiing it right now. Though I can only go forward, and one second at a time. ;p

Dangerous55
Jun 13, 2002, 09:58 PM
On 2002-06-13 16:48, Kent wrote:

Uh, educate me?

ABDUR101
Jun 13, 2002, 10:10 PM
pfft, I've already performed the post-future bitch slap. It's so powerful, your grandmother's will shout!

Kent
Jun 13, 2002, 10:20 PM
On 2002-06-13 19:58, Dangerous55 wrote:

On 2002-06-13 16:48, Kent wrote:

Uh, educate me?

Okay...

I don't know the name of this person (I forgot http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) or the mission he was on, so bare with me.

An astronaut wearing an atomic watch (the things that keep time almost perfectly) went into space. When he came back down to the earth, his watch was exactly 1 millisecond behind the time it was synchronized with on earth (which was on another atomic clock).

And we all know that as you approach the speed of light (180000 miles/second I believe it was) the flow of time slows around you. The velocity of coming back to the earth was just enough to slow time by 1 ms for the whole vehicle.

Guile
Jun 14, 2002, 01:58 AM
wow 1 ms
Yeah its possible, havent you ever seen back to the future?!

Kent
Jun 14, 2002, 02:09 AM
On 2002-06-13 23:58, Guile wrote:
wow 1 ms
Yeah its possible, havent you ever seen back to the future?!

Back to the Future movies are cool. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

nosaJ
Jun 14, 2002, 07:52 AM
Yeah. I like the part with the cowboys.

john
Jun 14, 2002, 08:17 AM
thats not exactly time travel, but the theory of relativity (time slows as you get closer to the speed of light). ne hoo time travel is impossible cause the energy in the process will be displaced in the form of an explosion, they proved it with math on NOVA hee!

Daikarin
Jun 14, 2002, 10:05 AM
It's all in the mind... There isn't anything impossible, people.

Last_Saiyan
Jun 14, 2002, 10:48 AM
It has been done, if you read about the Bermuda triangle incidents you'll come across a commercial flight that passed through a green fog, when they came out of the fog all of the watches on board was 3 minutes behind the rest of the word.

Jason
Jun 14, 2002, 12:28 PM
On 2002-06-14 08:48, Last_Saiyan wrote:
It has been done, if you read about the Bermuda triangle incidents you'll come across a commercial flight that passed through a green fog, when they came out of the fog all of the watches on board was 3 minutes behind the rest of the word.

Spooky! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Dangerous55
Jun 14, 2002, 05:33 PM
Some people have this idea:

If we place a message somewhere on earth or in space that will stay there for a long time, in the future people will find it. And maybe in the future they will have time travel. Soooo, we can tell them in the message to come back and say hi or something. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

KodiaX987
Jun 14, 2002, 06:31 PM
I have found a quote which says time travel wouldn't be that easily possible. Sure, we have proofs that it can be done, but don't expect to use that to backup to see, say, the birth of Jesus! As the quote itself says:

"Time travel isn't possible. If it was, we'd already be getting visitors from the future."

It kinda makes sense in a way! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kent
Jun 14, 2002, 10:54 PM
On 2002-06-14 16:31, KodiaX987 wrote:
"Time travel isn't possible. If it was, we'd already be getting visitors from the future."

Keep in mind, that if they did come back in time to say "hi" or something, there's a chance that they'd rupture something in the space-time continuum, which could, in fact, deny them of thier very own existance! (i.e. coming back in time to visit people could make it so the people travelling through time were never born)

We could already have people visiting us from the future, but it'd be just too dangerous to let us know about it. Or, we don't have any visitors from the future because they know it's too risky to go back in time, even though they have the technology.

LieutenantDwAnGStick
Jun 14, 2002, 11:21 PM
well i think people from the future couldnt come back in the past b/c maybe the future isnt written yet

i read somewhere that if people in the future came back to the past then the time flow of their time will merge into our time making it... very bad

this shouldnt be played around with if it is possible, this is not like messing with a few sheep

Daikarin
Jun 15, 2002, 04:42 PM
Maybe we are being visited by people from the future. Question is, where are they? They should be smart enough to remain silent about their origins. I mean, if you travelled to the past, would you tell everyone that you came from 2002? You'd probably were to be considered a demon!

TinyGrendel
Jun 15, 2002, 05:30 PM
Well traveling in time is living, so i assume you don't mean that

otherwise, i'd say no, not in a practical sense for human or animals can it be done, other wise it's been done in a wierd sense. Some lab accelerated light beams so that they traveled faster than the speed of light (3x10^10 meters/sec i think) and when they let it go it left the room they were testing in before it entered... meaning their instruments caught it leaving before they saw it enter.

Of course, with light lots of stuff is possible, they can even make a matter transporter that will transport light.

Ian D
Jun 16, 2002, 12:17 AM
I saw something just like this. The guy said that he traveled in time but if he stayed there too long he couldn't return, he went into the past. I believe the show was Montel Williams ;x