PDA

View Full Version : "You're just trying to get attention!"

Ness
Jul 26, 2004, 03:38 AM
Why do people say this? I just don't get it all they are doing is making themselves look worse than the person they are trying to disreputate. Why?

1. Duh.

It takes the brightness of a black hole to know when someone is attention whoring. Pointing it out only makes you look like a dumbass for stating the obvious.

2. Nice Spam!

So you pointed out that someone was attention whoring, great job! Not only did you state the obvious, but you didn't contribute to the thread one bit. So your post was a waste of time and a waste of space, and because you spammed for such a stupid reason, you are now sadder than the person you called an attention whore.

3. No One Cares.

He's attention whoring, so what? No one else in the thread seems to mind so why do you? If you don't like it, don't read it. It's not like it affects you anyway.

4. You're Just Fueling the Fire.

By calling him names and insulting him, you are just egging him on and giving him a reason to continue to attention whore. You may think you're helping, but you are doing the opposite.

5. It Makes You Look Like a Dipshit.

This kind of ties in to reasons 1-4. By responding to his thread, you are giving him exactly what he wanted (or what you claim he wanted): attention. The best way to get rid of an attention whore is by ignoring him.

I'm done, thank you.

W00t, it's 3:40 AM!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ness on 2004-07-26 02:09 ]</font>

Kuea
Jul 26, 2004, 04:02 AM
detailed rant ness

it is true and funny at the same time

Ness
Jul 26, 2004, 04:13 AM
Thank you very much. I have a few more:

6. It Doesn't Reflect Well On You as a Person.

This is just a stab in the dark, but it's pretty sad when you come to a thread just to point out that someone is an attention whore.

Kuea
Jul 26, 2004, 04:38 AM
you were a big attention whore yesterday

it was funny

I couldn't even keep up with your topics

was that what started this?

Ness
Jul 26, 2004, 04:58 AM
On 2004-07-26 02:38, Eclair wrote:
you were a big attention whore yesterday

it was funny

I couldn't even keep up with your topics

was that what started this?

I wasn't being an attention whore; I jsut felt like making a buch of topics.

Actually, what started this whole thing was that I saw alot of people here calling other members an attention whore.

Firocket1690
Jul 26, 2004, 09:49 AM
I wasn't going to reply here, because that would be giving you attention, but ...

No, wait ...

Damn.

navci
Jul 26, 2004, 11:32 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Actually, those are very valid points. When one of those people striked earlier, I am guilty of some of the above and I know it. But some of the people are so... whoring your attention you can't help but give them some... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

like now... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Ness
Jul 26, 2004, 12:47 PM
I was guilty of this too during the whole Micah incident.

Dangerous55
Jul 26, 2004, 02:26 PM
Isnt writing a rant abo...

Ah, nevermind.

Armok
Jul 26, 2004, 02:34 PM
Only way to stop an attention seeker to shame them into stopping by using nasty evil comments about their family friends and preferances.

If you keep silent they will just continue.

This is why saying
'your an attention whore ness go away'.
Is a valid point.

Ness
Jul 26, 2004, 09:29 PM
On 2004-07-26 12:34, Armok wrote:
Only way to stop an attention seeker to shame them into stopping by using nasty evil comments about their family friends and preferances.

If you keep silent they will just continue.

No, they are trying to get attention so by ignoring them you aren't giving them what they wanted.

This is why saying
'your an attention whore ness go away'.
Is a valid point.

And by saying that you just gave them more attention and further encouraged them to attention whore.

Firocket1690
Jul 26, 2004, 10:30 PM
Or, ironically, since we all know ness is a very desperate attention whore, we can all just stop replying, because that would feed into the point of this original rant.
The anti-attention whore thread is made by near-biggest attention whore here. Oh the irony. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Ness
Jul 27, 2004, 07:14 AM
On 2004-07-26 20:30, Firocket1690 wrote:
Or, ironically, since we all know ness is a very desperate attention whore, we can all just stop replying, because that would feed into the point of this original rant.
The anti-attention whore thread is made by near-biggest attention whore here. Oh the irony. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

And by responding to my thread you are giving me exactly what you claim I want. Also this post has not contributed any tho the thread so you have just spammed my topic. Thanks.

If you want to disagree with me that's fine, but do it without flaming and spamming.

This brings up a good point through: Why does everyone think I'm an attention whore? Is it because I started making threads instead of just replying to the ones already made?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ness on 2004-07-27 05:24 ]</font>

Ness
Jul 27, 2004, 01:03 PM
I have some other things to add to the list.

7. Whatever You Do, Don't Make a Thread About It!

Recently, some guy on another forum was trolling by posting racial slurs. Someone made a thread about him, denouncing him as a attention whore and a troll.

Great job, moron. Not only did you give him more attention, but you bothered to make a thread about him. This lets him know that he's not only getting to people, but he's worth making a thread about.

Dangerous55
Jul 27, 2004, 04:02 PM
On 2004-07-27 11:03, Ness wrote:

Recently, some guy on another forum was trolling by posting racial slurs. Someone made a thread about him, denouncing him as a attention whore and a troll.

Great job, moron. Not only did you give him more attention, but you bothered to make a thread about him. This lets him know that he's not only getting to people, but he's worth making a thread about.

Wow you're a dipshit.

KodiaX987
Jul 27, 2004, 04:28 PM
Let's do like eRUPT: Just ban then when they do it to you.

AUTO_
Jul 27, 2004, 04:39 PM
On 2004-07-27 14:02, Dangerous55 wrote:
Wow you're a dipshit.

He's PSOW's stepchild for a reason.

Ness
Jul 27, 2004, 04:46 PM

Wow you're a dipshit.

I would be if I was making a thread about attention whores, but I'm not.

Daikarin
Jul 27, 2004, 04:54 PM
On 2004-07-27 14:46, Ness wrote:

Wow you're a dipshit.

Ness, I'll tell you the same thing I'd say to anyone else here in Rants:

Don't let it get to you.

Dangerous55
Jul 27, 2004, 04:59 PM
On 2004-07-27 14:46, Ness wrote:

Uh, you basically did.

Ness
Jul 27, 2004, 05:01 PM
On 2004-07-27 14:59, Dangerous55 wrote:

Uh, you basically did.

No, I'm making a thread about people who call people attention whores.

Ness, I'll tell you the same thing I'd say to anyone else here in Rants:

Don't let it get to you.

It's not getting to me.

Dangerous55
Jul 27, 2004, 05:03 PM
On 2004-07-27 15:01, Ness wrote:

There is hypocrisy eveywhere.

Ness
Jul 27, 2004, 05:12 PM
On 2004-07-27 15:03, Dangerous55 wrote:

On 2004-07-27 15:01, Ness wrote:

There is hypocrisy eveywhere.

Just not here.

Sagasu
Jul 29, 2004, 03:20 PM
On 2004-07-26 01:38, Ness wrote:
Why do people say this? I just don't get it all they are doing is making themselves look worse than the person they are trying to disreputate. Why?

1. Duh.

It takes the brightness of a black hole to know when someone is attention whoring. Pointing it out only makes you look like a dumbass for stating the obvious.

And if the obvious was never pointed out, half the people of the world would be clueless. A dumbass? If a dumbass doesn't point out the annoying truth, then it will go on, and on. Not everyone realizes that they are whoring for attention, you know.

2. Nice Spam!

So you pointed out that someone was attention whoring, great job! Not only did you state the obvious, but you didn't contribute to the thread one bit. So your post was a waste of time and a waste of space, and because you spammed for such a stupid reason, you are now sadder than the person you called an attention whore.

Not only are you distrupting whatever flow the thread had, your getting away with it to! How do you stop somebody from being sensless!? Guess.

3. No One Cares.

He's attention whoring, so what? No one else in the thread seems to mind so why do you? If you don't like it, don't read it. It's not like it affects you anyway.

Wait a minute, you are ranting in general but now specificly pointing out that only one person is angry for your whoring? Is it just me or things getting personal here? And how is someone supposed to be able to know if something bothers them or not if they dont read it? And especially if they don't know how that the user responds uselessly?

By calling him names and insulting him, you are just egging him on and giving him a reason to continue to attention whore. You may think you're helping, but you are doing the opposite.

Alright then, tell me, why do people attention whore? Mostly because they don't know any better, or they know they'll get a negative response. You're dousing fire, but every fire when wet hisses back before dying out. They may not think they're helping, they may just want the person to stop wasting their time. Its true that one must choose to read stupid comments, but then there are those who have to sift through constant lame assed posts to look for something at least mildly interesting. The problem is, there is usually more than one attention whore gathered in a thread, and between those that are there, one cannot really find anything to respond to, since most of it is mindless rubbish. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a forum?

This kind of ties in to reasons 1-4. By responding to his thread, you are giving him exactly what he wanted (or what you claim he wanted): attention. The best way to get rid of an attention whore is by ignoring him.

Ignore the threads they make, and they'll come to yours, anf fuck it over. And then they'll move on to another one. Haven't you seen the whores that will go into a thread and kill it completely? You'll see rows of threads piled p, the last comment made by some person that distrupted any thought process by just going in and posting something so stupidly redundant. No, it doesn't make them look like a dipshit, it makes the whores cry "dipshit" because they can't think of anything better to say.

Now I'm done.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sagasu on 2004-07-29 13:21 ]</font>

Ness
Jul 29, 2004, 03:45 PM
On 2004-07-29 13:20, Sagasu wrote:

And if the obvious was never pointed out, half the people of the world would be clueless. A dumbass? If a dumbass doesn't point out the annoying truth, then it will go on, and on. Not everyone realizes that they are whoring for attention, you know.

Quite a few people do actually. Most either don't care or are playing along with it. People act like they are such big heroes when they point out who is attention whoring, but in the end they are jsut another person who's realized the obvious.

Not only are you distrupting whatever flow the thread had, your getting away with it to! How do you stop somebody from being sensless!? Guess.

You ignore them. Or if you feel that you have to let them know somehow, PM them.

Wait a minute, you are ranting in general but now specificly pointing out that only one person is angry for your whoring? Is it just me or things getting personal here? And how is someone supposed to be able to know if something bothers them or not if they dont read it? And especially if they don't know how that the user responds uselessly?

Since when did I say this was about me? Whenever I see a thread made by an attention whore, only one person (usually the same one that points it out every time) is the one that says "he's just trying to get attention." If it was that important, someone else would have pointed it out already or the thread would have dies because no one would have replied to it.

Alright then, tell me, why do people attention whore? Mostly because they don't know any better, or they know they'll get a negative response. You're dousing fire, but every fire when wet hisses back before dying out. They may not think they're helping, they may just want the person to stop wasting their time. Its true that one must choose to read stupid comments, but then there are those who have to sift through constant lame assed posts to look for something at least mildly interesting. The problem is, there is usually more than one attention whore gathered in a thread, and between those that are there, one cannot really find anything to respond to, since most of it is mindless rubbish. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a forum?

People attention for for, well, attention. If you insult them what are you doing? Giving them attention. Negative attention is better than no attention at all so if you wanted to help solve the problem, you would have ignored the thread.

Ignore the threads they make, and they'll come to yours, anf fuck it over. And then they'll move on to another one. Haven't you seen the whores that will go into a thread and kill it completely? You'll see rows of threads piled p, the last comment made by some person that distrupted any thought process by just going in and posting something so stupidly redundant. No, it doesn't make them look like a dipshit, it makes the whores cry "dipshit" because they can't think of anything better to say.

Not true. When attention whore isn't getting what he/she wants, he/she usually leaves. Only a few start stuff in other threads and that is almost always as a last resort. Most attention whores mainly keep to their own threads.

Now I'm done.

I appreicate your opinions.

Sagasu
Jul 29, 2004, 03:53 PM
On 2004-07-29 13:45, Ness wrote:

Not true. When attention whore isn't getting what he/she wants, he/she usually leaves. Only a few start stuff in other threads and that is almost always as a last resort. Most attention whores mainly keep to their own threads.

Hahaz, yeah right.

If you ignore an attention whore in FKL(we're talkign about spam after all) they wont just leave, they'll go somewhere else to frisk up what they want.

I appreciate your opinions as well.

I just dont appreciate people that are too lazy to think.

Ness
Jul 29, 2004, 04:02 PM
On 2004-07-29 13:53, Sagasu wrote:

Hahaz, yeah right.

If you ignore an attention whore in FKL(we're talkign about spam after all) they wont just leave, they'll go somewhere else to frisk up what they want.

I appreciate your opinions as well.

I just dont appreciate people that are too lazy to think.

Not really. FKL is a valid forum section just like off-topic of general. Also, the community is pretty much the same in every place so if he'signored in one section, chances are high that he will be ignored in the other ones (with some exceptions).

Of course, this has never been tested because atttention whores usually get what they want in their own threads.

Firocket1690
Jul 30, 2004, 11:01 PM
On 2004-07-26 01:38, Ness wrote:

1. Duh.

2. Nice Spam!

3. No One Cares.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=61909&forum=14

You're the man now, dog!
>Micah

At last the attention whore has got his just deserts.

Ya know, you sorta went aganst your own fucking rant.

Have a nice day. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

KodiaX987
Jul 30, 2004, 11:14 PM
Dangerous55 wins. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Firocket1690
Jul 30, 2004, 11:26 PM
yay
kodi came
no argument here http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PWNED!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2004-07-30 21:27 ]</font>

Dangerous55
Jul 31, 2004, 02:44 AM
We all win.

Well, you know if you won.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

geewj
Jul 31, 2004, 07:08 AM
Hmm, Ness I think you reading a little nit too much into it.

1. Duh.

And if someone is being an asshole, and he knows he is being an asshole, don't bother doing anything about it cause stating the obvious and acting on it can only prove your own incompetence....right.

2. Nice Spam!

This is a weak complaint, and you know it. So I won't bother explaining why.

3. No One Cares.

Maybe he wasn't trying to gather up the grand council to make a desicion on it. Maybe he was just expressing his opinion. And yeah, it's easy to just not read one thread to avoid it, but when it happens a lot in a bunch of different threads it's hard to filter out what you don't want to read while still being able to follow the subject of the threads.

If someone is trying to push me into getting in a fight with them, I'll give em what thet want and sock them in the face. Did I do the wrong thing because they got what they wanted? Hell no, he's on the floor with blood gushing from his face. I don't give a damn about what satisfaction he got from it, because his skewed sence of importance holds no weight in my desicion on the matter.

Heaven forbid you express a valid opinion.

I've seen a lot of dipshits in my day, but man, that one who told that annoying kid to shut up? He was the biggest dipshit of them all.

6. It Doesn't Reflect Well On You as a Person.

What makes yo think that's the sole reason they went in there? There was a new thread, so they read it, as often happens. Once finished reading the new thread, they had an opinion to express, so they did.

I think there is one tiny little thing that you keep over looking here. The person isn't leaving the comment and makeing a thread about it because he feels deeply passionate about the subject, and his opinion must be heard. Maybe, just maybe, the person doesn't really give a damn. And what's the harm in makeing a thread on a topic you don't give a damn about? Not everything has to be a serious debate, filled with personal dedication towards the topic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Prof_Frink on 2004-07-31 05:12 ]</font>

Ness
Jul 31, 2004, 09:18 AM
Okay, maybe I was a little harsh. The point about Micah was invalid because I had already admitted to being guilty of pointing out attention whores, clearing me of any accusations regarding my past.

Also, D55's arguement against me was based on a misinterpretation so his argument is invalid. I win. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

And if someone is being an asshole, and he knows he is being an asshole, don't bother doing anything about it cause stating the obvious and acting on it can only prove your own incompetence....right.

Yeah pretty much because their idea of "doing anything about it" is pointing out that he's an attention whore and giving him more of what her wants. If they truely wanted to do something about it, they would talk to a mod or ignore him altogther.

This is a weak complaint, and you know it. So I won't bother explaining why.

It seems pretty strong to me. You made an off topic post and/or falmed somone thus you did not contribute anything to the discussion. So you spammed.

Maybe he wasn't trying to gather up the grand council to make a desicion on it. Maybe he was just expressing his opinion. And yeah, it's easy to just not read one thread to avoid it, but when it happens a lot in a bunch of different threads it's hard to filter out what you don't want to read while still being able to follow the subject of the threads.

I never said anything about him trying to gather up a grand council. I was just saying that if it was truely important, no one would have replied to the thread.

If someone is trying to push me into getting in a fight with them, I'll give em what thet want and sock them in the face. Did I do the wrong thing because they got what they wanted? Hell no, he's on the floor with blood gushing from his face. I don't give a damn about what satisfaction he got from it, because his skewed sence of importance holds no weight in my desicion on the matter.

There's big difference between a street fight and and attention whoring on a forum. Also, I doubt that you flamign them will scar them emotionally.

Heaven forbid you express a valid opinion.

I've seen a lot of dipshits in my day, but man, that one who told that annoying kid to shut up? He was the biggest dipshit of them all.

Again you are putting words in my mouth. I never siad he was the biggest dipshit of them all, but he was still a dipshit.

What makes yo think that's the sole reason they went in there? There was a new thread, so they read it, as often happens. Once finished reading the new thread, they had an opinion to express, so they did.

Sometimes it's best to keep your mouth shut (I know this line is going to get me alot of flames).

I think there is one tiny little thing that you keep over looking here. The person isn't leaving the comment and makeing a thread about it because he feels deeply passionate about the subject, and his opinion must be heard. Maybe, just maybe, the person doesn't really give a damn. And what's the harm in makeing a thread on a topic you don't give a damn about? Not everything has to be a serious debate, filled with personal dedication towards the topic.

Yeah I guess, but usually people don't make a thread about an attention whore, flame him into oblivion, and no give a damn about it.

Dangerous55
Jul 31, 2004, 12:28 PM
On 2004-07-31 07:18, Ness wrote:

Also, D55's arguement against me was based on a misinterpretation so his argument is invalid. I win. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

No, it wasnt, you just didnt get it yet.

Ness
Jul 31, 2004, 01:30 PM
On 2004-07-31 10:28, Dangerous55 wrote:

No, it wasnt, you just didnt get it yet.

Oh no, it was a misinterpretation. You thought I was ranting about attention whores.

Dangerous55
Jul 31, 2004, 02:05 PM
On 2004-07-31 11:30, Ness wrote:

Oh no, it was a misinterpretation. You thought I was ranting about attention whores.

...and you still don't get it. Nice.

geewj
Jul 31, 2004, 02:30 PM

Yeah pretty much because their idea of "doing anything about it" is pointing out that he's an attention whore and giving him more of what her wants. If they truely wanted to do something about it, they would talk to a mod or ignore him altogther.

Truely wanted to do something about it? If someone is being dumb, and I call them dumb, then I've done something about it. Like I said before, I don't care what skewed sence of importance they derive from that. I wanted to do something so I did. Nobody else holds any importance. So I don't care if I cured little billy from his attention whoring or not.

It seems pretty strong to me. You made an off topic post and/or falmed somone thus you did not contribute anything to the discussion. So you spammed.

If anyone is doing any attention whoring, chances are it is either going to be in FKL, or on it's way to FKL. If it's in FKL then who cares that it is spam. Look at how many posts "contribute" there. I'm not personaly attacking you with this, but to use a good example, how is "......" and different? And as far as a topic like this done in off-topic that is FKL material, how is it any different than saying "Hi ho hi ho, off to freshkills we go!"?

I never said anything about him trying to gather up a grand council. I was just saying that if it was truely important, no one would have replied to the thread.

You keep using phrases like truley important. Well Ness, do you decide what is truely important? Maybe someone thought it was truely important. Or better yet, maybe something doesn't have to be truely important for you to comment on it. Maybe this is more of a place for casual disscussion and comments rather than truley important information.

There's big difference between a street fight and and attention whoring on a forum. Also, I doubt that you flamign them will scar them emotionally.

This is the same as the response for the first one. I don't care what they want or get out of it. It's got nothing to do with them. It's something I thought, and I said, and I'm the only one who makes any difference to me. It didn't help him any? I don't care.

Again you are putting words in my mouth. I never siad he was the biggest dipshit of them all, but he was still a dipshit.

I didn't honestly mean he was the biggest dipshit, it's called exadgerating the point so you can exactoly what it is and what it leads to. You're welcome to think that someone is a dipshit for it, but your reasons are based on opinions, not facts.

Sometimes it's best to keep your mouth shut (I know this line is going to get me alot of flames).

Yeah, that's true. But when some moron is spamming around looking for some attention, I don't see that as one of those times.

Yeah I guess, but usually people don't make a thread about an attention whore, flame him into oblivion, and no give a damn about it.

Something to do, passing the time, think it's annoying so you say something about it. Lots of reasons for someone to do it without being emotinaly invested in it. Or better yet, lets take this thread for example. Wh6y'd you make a thread about this? Is it "truley important"? Do you think you're "truley doing something about it"? Or maybe did you just have an opinion on a subject and decided to make a topic on the subject. My way of looking at it doewn't deem you a dipshit for doing so, but some peoples does.

Ness
Jul 31, 2004, 06:00 PM
On 2004-07-31 12:30, Prof_Frink wrote:
Truely wanted to do something about it? If someone is being dumb, and I call them dumb, then I've done something about it. Like I said before, I don't care what skewed sence of importance they derive from that. I wanted to do something so I did. Nobody else holds any importance. So I don't care if I cured little billy from his attention whoring or not.

Okay, but that's not what's being disputed here. Yes you did something, but it wasn't productive, that's what's being disputed.

If anyone is doing any attention whoring, chances are it is either going to be in FKL, or on it's way to FKL. If it's in FKL then who cares that it is spam. Look at how many posts "contribute" there. I'm not personaly attacking you with this, but to use a good example, how is "......" and different? And as far as a topic like this done in off-topic that is FKL material, how is it any different than saying "Hi ho hi ho, off to freshkills we go!"?

Well I'm not talking about threads in Fresh Kills when I talk about spamming, now am I? Also, the thread I say my famous "hi ho" line are threads going to FKL anyway so it doesn't matter.

You keep using phrases like truley important. Well Ness, do you decide what is truely important? Maybe someone thought it was truely important. Or better yet, maybe something doesn't have to be truely important for you to comment on it. Maybe this is more of a place for casual disscussion and comments rather than truley important information.

Nearly all of the people who I've seen point things like that out act like a big hero for doing it. So it must have been important to them. They also fight against someone who says otherwise.

This is the same as the response for the first one. I don't care what they want or get out of it. It's got nothing to do with them. It's something I thought, and I said, and I'm the only one who makes any difference to me. It didn't help him any? I don't care.

Ah, I see. So you are going to say what you want to say regardless of whether or not it will help? That's fine by me. I'm tlaking aobut those people who are trying to make a lasting impression.

I didn't honestly mean he was the biggest dipshit, it's called exadgerating the point so you can exactoly what it is and what it leads to. You're welcome to think that someone is a dipshit for it, but your reasons are based on opinions, not facts.

Yeah, that's pretty much what rants are. You can agree or disagree.

Yeah, that's true. But when some moron is spamming around looking for some attention, I don't see that as one of those times.

I see it as one of the best times. Feeding the trolls is a bad thing. If you have to say something, say it to a mod (assumign that you care).

Something to do, passing the time, think it's annoying so you say something about it. Lots of reasons for someone to do it without being emotinaly invested in it. Or better yet, lets take this thread for example. Wh6y'd you make a thread about this? Is it "truley important"? Do you think you're "truley doing something about it"? Or maybe did you just have an opinion on a subject and decided to make a topic on the subject. My way of looking at it doewn't deem you a dipshit for doing so, but some peoples does.

I'm making a thread aobut this because I think it's an issue that need to be brought out in the open. My main point is that by flaming and insulting an attention whore, you are not only giving them what they wanted, but are almost as annoying as they are.

geewj
Jul 31, 2004, 06:12 PM
Well, I'm done talking about this, so I'll leave you with one bit of "advice" in regards to this...

On 2004-07-31 16:00, Ness wrote:

I'm making a thread aobut this because I think it's an issue that need to be brought out in the open. My main point is that by flaming and insulting an attention whore, you are not only giving them what they wanted, but are almost as annoying as they are.

3. No One Cares.

He's making fun of an attention whore, so what? No one else in the thread seems to mind so why do you? If you don't like it, don't read it. It's not like it affects you anyway.

Ness
Jul 31, 2004, 06:31 PM
On 2004-07-31 16:12, Prof_Frink wrote:

3. No One Cares.

He's making fun of an attention whore, so what? No one else in the thread seems to mind so why do you? If you don't like it, don't read it. It's not like it affects you anyway.

I mind for the reasons I stated when I created this thread. Also it does affect me in that it can potentially ruin an entertainign thread.

Cowboy
Jul 31, 2004, 06:39 PM
And attention whores wasting forum space and spamming other threads just to get post counts and attention don't effect anyone? It CAN and DOES ruin a potentially meaningful thread.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cowboy on 2004-07-31 16:42 ]</font>

Ness
Jul 31, 2004, 06:50 PM
On 2004-07-31 16:39, Cowboy wrote:
And attention whores wasting forum space and spamming other threads just to get post counts and attention don't effect anyone? It CAN and DOES ruin a potentially meaningful thread.

Not when they are the ones that created the thread in the first place, which is usually the case.

geewj
Jul 31, 2004, 06:55 PM
On 2004-07-31 16:50, Ness wrote:

On 2004-07-31 16:39, Cowboy wrote:

Not when they are the ones that created the thread in the first place, which is usually the case.

Up until now it was basically assumptions and opinion.

But in this Ness, you are wrong. I can tell you with all certinty that it's not the case.

Cowboy
Jul 31, 2004, 07:01 PM
Mess, show me attention whores, and point out where the majority of the post count comes from. It is not going to be from making a thread. Attention whores go to other threads, and post meaningless generic comments. IT's idiotic and senseless.

They are doing it because either

A. They want attention, and don't know a better way to get it. or

B. They want attention, and want to get a rise from other.

If we put them down for whoring, they will either

A. Learn this isnt accepted, or

B. Get the attention they want, keep doing it, make enemies, and quit posting because they don't like the atmosphere, or change because they realize if they don't nobody will treat them as a human being.

Humans are viscious in nature, and prey on the weak, whether that be mentally or physically. Us putting down attention whores is like the next stage in forum evolution. A natural selection process for forums.

Ness
Jul 31, 2004, 07:03 PM
I'd argue against you, but I've lost my will to fight about this anymore.