PDA

View Full Version : VGA Adapter and screenshots

Thiman
Feb 21, 2001, 05:08 AM
Is it any easier to take a screenshot via the VGA adapter? And if any of you play through a VGA adapter, does it look any better on the monitor compared to the TV?

whazzzzzup
Feb 21, 2001, 05:13 AM
i play through my vga adaptor on my 19" triniton monitor n i luv it!! it looks soo much better than on my 32" triniton tv. everything looks soo much cleaner!! n a vga adaptor is only about 20 buckz so u cant go wrong! o yeah, u can also hook up 4.1 surround on it.....it soundz a lot better than my tv speakers....

Lanzer
Feb 21, 2001, 05:15 AM
It's actuallly easier to find a regular video capture board. I don't know of any capturing devices that will take VGA and capture it. Doesn't really make sense anyways.

VGA is a lot nicer than the TV, not only because of the vibrant color and sharpness, but the refresh rate is also much better. It's easier on the eyes on those PSO marathons. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Ambrai
Feb 21, 2001, 07:34 AM
I have an ATI TV Wonder card that cost me $70. Its a very nice card that does all I want it to and you can even use the software to set it as your background so you can watch TV/play PSO while you are doing other things. =)

Ayanami
Feb 21, 2001, 11:40 AM
The VGA adapter cannot be used to take screnshots via computer. =/ It merely outputs the signal to the monitor and this signal doesn't pass through the computer at all, and can't really be manipulated. I know Lynx takes some great pics with his video capture card though =)