PDA

View Full Version : Link in Soul Calibur 2? HA!

Balthor
Jun 17, 2002, 05:36 AM
theres been like tons of rumors about Link in SC2...im pretty sure its false and this screenshot to...

http://www.zeldagc.com/ss-sc2/linkinSC2.jpg

poor link would get slaughtered T_T

anyway im sure its fake....but it does say IGN in the corner...o_O

FinalMasterM
Jun 17, 2002, 05:39 AM
Fake, cut stright from the old CG images of the GC Zelda.

Deathscythealpha
Jun 17, 2002, 08:09 AM
Obviously fake. Different graphical style for one thing.

Probably going to have Sonic in it next...

nosaJ
Jun 17, 2002, 08:16 AM
On 2002-06-17 03:36, Mexican_Tediz_MK2 wrote:

poor link would get slaughtered T_T

No way he won't get slaughtered. He've faced better and tougher enemies than the one from the fake screenshot. You don't know Link so well http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kent
Jun 17, 2002, 09:16 AM
Link could kick the shit out of Astaroth, no contest.

Seriously, Link 0wnz everybody.

*hopes the rumors turn out to be true, even though there's a 98.336458% chance they won't*

nosaJ
Jun 17, 2002, 10:15 AM
I won't mind to have Link in Soul Calibur.

Last_Saiyan
Jun 17, 2002, 10:44 AM
Here are reasons why Link can own everyone in Soul Caliber:

Grappling Hook goes through blocks
Master Sword shoots projectile at full health
Boomerang unblockable also because it'll hit on the back of the head
When Link puts on his blue or red suit damage is reduced to half
4 bottles of fairies to replenish health

Gryph
Jun 17, 2002, 10:45 AM
*cough*
http://www.gamers.com/news/1174273

nosaJ
Jun 17, 2002, 11:41 AM
On 2002-06-17 08:44, Last_Saiyan wrote:
Here are reasons why Link can own everyone in Soul Caliber:

Grappling Hook goes through blocks
Master Sword shoots projectile at full health
Boomerang unblockable also because it'll hit on the back of the head
When Link puts on his blue or red suit damage is reduced to half
4 bottles of fairies to replenish health

Other reasons:

1. He stopped the falling moon.
2. He defeated Ganondorf/Ganon.
3. He defeated Majora's Mask.
4. Using Nayru's Love spell to become invincible, with Romani's Milk to gain infinite magic for 3 days with each drop of that milk.
5. Can use magic shield (red tunic) from Adventure of Link to gain strength.

There're many more O_o

Balthor
Jun 17, 2002, 11:52 AM
hell I love link,but I wanna see him go against someone like nightmare o_O maybe voldo x.x.....if only these rumors were true! ._. oh well hoprfully namco goes on some weird drug and puts him in SC2...and toss in sonic and samus while theyre at it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

nosaJ
Jun 17, 2002, 12:06 PM
On 2002-06-17 09:52, Mexican_Tediz_MK2 wrote:
hell I love link,but I wanna see him go against someone like nightmare o_O maybe voldo x.x.....if only these rumors were true! ._. oh well hoprfully namco goes on some weird drug and puts him in SC2...and toss in sonic and samus while theyre at it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

There's Nightmare in Link's Awakening, and Link defeated it.

Last_Saiyan
Jun 17, 2002, 12:17 PM
If you have MP3, download The Legend of Zelda song by Weird Al Yankovic, it's hilarious and good listenin' too.

Davion
Jun 17, 2002, 01:21 PM
I'm sure the pic's fake, but I think it's true. (Atleast I hope so) It would be hard to choose between my man Sieg. and Link in the GC version. And, no contest, Link would kill any fighter Namco can throw at him. I wonder what his unblockable move would be...

Falkon
Jun 17, 2002, 01:25 PM
Isn't it a little late for April Fools Jokes? Heh. I hope Namco shoots this down or confirms it soon.

Reno
Jun 17, 2002, 01:31 PM
Don't get me wrong, Link is cool and all, but I don't think he fits in a game like Soul Calibur at all, he's too... cartoony o_O. And compared to the others he isn't exactly an amazing swordsman either

I hope they don't put him in...

Vitamin_D
Jun 17, 2002, 01:32 PM
Guys...yes, the pic IS fake, IGN said so themselves...but Link being in SC2 is no joke...he's exclusive to the GC version of SC2. Why? Well...ever heard of Tri Force?

watashiwa
Jun 17, 2002, 01:43 PM
Link is going to destroy everybody.

I just hope his fighting style isn't like Sophitia or Lizardman's. >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2002-06-17 11:44 ]</font>

Falkon
Jun 17, 2002, 01:46 PM
Heh. That'd suck. There's already enough newbies out there who just button mash with them...

Alielle
Jun 17, 2002, 03:48 PM
http://www.gamers.com/i/pics/1174278.jpg

Caption: "Link from the Spaceworld 2000 video. Now just imagine him in Soul Calibur 2. Do it."

Notice that he's fighting Ganondorf, by the way.

PS - Any SC character is potentially a button-masher (especially Maxi). No more dissing Sophitia and Lizardman. >:(

Last_Saiyan
Jun 17, 2002, 03:52 PM
Capcom still hasn't answered my letter about button mashing. Let me know what you guys think, if the game recognizes that you're hitting random buttons at a speed of 200 mph connecting no combos whatsover, then your character will go into the dizzy mode. If you see this come out on a capcom fighting game then they stole my idea!!!!

Falkon
Jun 17, 2002, 04:00 PM
PS - Any SC character is potentially a button-masher (especially Maxi). No more dissing Sophitia and Lizardman. >:(

This is true. But Sophie, Lizard, and Mitsurugi suffer from it the most.

I prefer Taki...

Vitamin_D
Jun 17, 2002, 05:07 PM
On 2002-06-17 14:00, Falkon wrote:

This is true. But Sophie, Lizard, and Mitsurugi suffer from it the most.

I prefer Taki...

But Taki's one too...Go Ivy!

nosaJ
Jun 17, 2002, 05:37 PM
On 2002-06-17 11:31, Reno wrote:

he isn't exactly an amazing swordsman

I disagreed.

OMAR
Jun 17, 2002, 05:48 PM
When is this game coming out? anyway link rules but i dnt think he fits to good...now it would be kool if they give him a diferent costume...now that would be hot...also the unbloackable move should be the move he does in SSBM where he does a 3 hit combo in the air....that would be hot..especially if they put some little fancy martial arts twists along with it...that would be hot!

nosaJ
Jun 17, 2002, 06:00 PM
On 2002-06-17 15:48, OMAR wrote:
When is this game coming out? anyway link rules but i dnt think he fits to good...now it would be kool if they give him a diferent costume...now that would be hot...also the unbloackable move should be the move he does in SSBM where he does a 3 hit combo in the air....that would be hot..especially if they put some little fancy martial arts twists along with it...that would be hot!

Why wouldn't Link fit so good in SC2 if he's fit alright in SSBM? DK is huge, so is Bowser. I like him with the red tunic than the green.

OMAR
Jun 17, 2002, 06:26 PM
well soul caliber has a different style and link is kinda different...but i guess i'll wait till the game comes out to make my jugdements....but if it is confirmed that link is coming to SC2 GC then that makes my choice harder...cause i wasnt planning on buying SC for GC i was going to prob buy it on PS2 or which ever came out first...the GC controller...though extremely comfortable its not that great for fighting games like SC but ill rent and see if i buy...

nosaJ
Jun 17, 2002, 06:30 PM
You need to play more Zelda games.

OwenHimura
Jun 17, 2002, 06:52 PM
erhm im in another forunms and i got that news to if you went to nintendo.com they tell you hes in it. link would fit perfectly.he maybe small but kicks a lot of ass then he would sheath his sword clap his hands together and walk away.Link is the best.he better not bea button masher i would be pissed off.Link would beat all those ppl in soul calibur.Another button masher is Maxi.i like him hes my favorite character but newbies button mash with him all the time.i use skill not button mash.LINK WILL OWNZ JOO!!

Reno
Jun 17, 2002, 07:01 PM
On 2002-06-17 15:37, nosaJ wrote:

On 2002-06-17 11:31, Reno wrote:

he isn't exactly an amazing swordsman

I disagreed.

I said compared to the others... the other characters fight much better than Link has ever done

LieutenantDwAnGStick
Jun 17, 2002, 07:50 PM
it would be awsome to have link in SC2 but its not gunna happen.. not like i dont want it to happen but the chances are very very very very slim.. its not Nintendos style, but keep your fingers crossed

btw links outfit is good leave it be

heres a cheesy article that says its not true.. o well if he isnt in it , the game will still be great regardless

http://www.gamecubexl.com/new/dailynews/fullnews.cgi?newsid1023838038,73269,

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Jun 17, 2002, 09:08 PM
Man, that's bitchin. I hope he is in it.........

nosaJ
Jun 18, 2002, 07:56 AM
On 2002-06-17 17:01, Reno wrote:
[quote]
I said compared to the others... the other characters fight much better than Link has ever done

It's because the gameplay of Zelda games is different than in Soul Calibur. If Link is in Soul Calibur he won't do the exact same moves from like N64 Zelda games for example. You know, a bit more like Mortal Kombat sytle and DC version of SC.

OwenHimura
Jun 18, 2002, 06:07 PM
probably since he was in melee ppl underestimate him thats y they say its kinda weird he is in it.dont underestimate link if you play your cards right link can do some pretty bad damage

Kent
Jun 19, 2002, 10:01 PM
I will play as Link.

I will kick ass.

I will 0wn everybody!