PDA

View Full Version : Treatment of Military/Families

InfernoNR7
Aug 4, 2004, 07:10 PM
Gosh, I'm so pissed at this. One example of the things that piss me off in this category:

I went to the local WinCo to do some shopping with my mom. Once we're finished navigating through all the idiots in the store, we get to the cashier. I have to go bag all the crap since the store is too cheap to afford baggers (I'm not really too mad about that). But, my mom writes a check, the cashier asks for ID and my mom shows the chashier her military ID (which counts instead of a Liscence anywhere in the United States). This lady looks all funny at my mom and asks for a Liscence, my mom takes out her "outdated" TN liscence (which actually never expires as long as my dad is in the military/retired, in other words, never). The lady looks at it funny and calls up the manager and acts like my mom is some kinda criminal and they're examining the signature, the liscence, complaining that it's not a NV liscence, all this crap. It just pisses me off.

Stuff like (and much worse) than this happens all the time, and we're always treated like criminals because my DAD is SERVING our Fricken country, in other words, all you other American pigs. You wouln't believe what some people pull/do to military, how we're treated GOD! Of course, after 22 years as a Navy Officer, my dad doesn't take any crap anymore, so he's fine, but my mom is still so submissive to people, and I'm trying to get her to not take any of the crap either.

GAH!

PS, I don't give a crap about punctuation.

KodiaX987
Aug 4, 2004, 07:56 PM
That's most likely because those guys never saw those particular ID cards before.

InfernoNR7
Aug 4, 2004, 08:02 PM
On 2004-08-04 17:56, KodiaX987 wrote:
That's most likely because those guys never saw those particular ID cards before.

Don't give a crap if they haven't. I'm more pissed at the fact that we're always treated like fricken criminals.

Solstis
Aug 4, 2004, 08:03 PM
On 2004-08-04 18:02, InfernoNR7 wrote:

On 2004-08-04 17:56, KodiaX987 wrote:

Don't give a crap if they haven't. I'm more pissed at the fact that we're always treated like fricken criminals.

Join the club. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Blitzkommando
Aug 4, 2004, 10:39 PM
My uncle was in special operations for the USAF. He was given an FAA license to carry a sidearm onboard of aircraft. He had to go all the way up the ranks at airports, even with the ID and FAA ID. He would refuse to remove it. Finally a FAA official would always come and tell off the airport persons and appologize.

I was nearly in an incident involving a rifle due to some guy (whom had a giant sticker stating his anti-military status) who refused to move out of the way of my father (whom obviously has a base sticker on the windscreen) even though he was in the wrong. He had gone the wrong way down a one way lane at a parking lot. Eventually security arrived and just 'verbally warned' the man. He had a freaking rifle mounted in his rear window, and all he got for nearly getting it out was a verbal warning.

InfernoNR7
Aug 4, 2004, 10:54 PM
(well, I'll reply to this thread too).

I know, these people are quite ignorant and have no reason to be such idiots.