PDA

View Full Version : My Final Rant

InfernoNR7
Aug 4, 2004, 09:02 PM
This is my opinion, if I get flammed for this rant, than I'm just going to leave the forum for good, instead of just for a long time. (BTW, it has nothing (well, almost) to do with today's events, and me being such a prick).

(Base rant for this is:
1: How words are perverted
2: How fag is considered very offencive

This is also an apology for using fag so much in the forums.)

The word fag. Now, many think is means gay/homosexual, correct? First off, it's original uses were for/of a cigarret, something tiresome, a pile of sticks, and a younger boy who worked for in older one in British public schools. This word is also very offencive to homosexual males, correct again, right?

Well, I find cursing to be offencive (no, this isn't my rant on cursing).

Why must we use this in the matter of homosexual? What if I am not calling someone a homosexual while using this word? It strikes me as strange how we have to pervert every word. What if I were to use it as "I'd never smoke a fag."? I'd probably get another flame on that (or ban).

Now, why must we make this word unsayable when other "cursing" words are not? Well, many argue that they grew up cursing, and therefore it is ok. I argue that I grew up (from age 9 or so, until now) using this word (learned from friends) as a meaningless insult.

So,
1: Sorry for using the word
2: Sorry if this rant was unclear, like most of my rants supposedly are.
3: Why do all these words have to be perverted?
4: Why is it wrong to use fag but not to use F*ck?

Thank you, I shall not return to this part of the forum again for a long time, and if I am flammed, never. (Though I might reply to this particular rant).

Solstis
Aug 4, 2004, 09:10 PM
On 2004-08-04 19:02, InfernoNR7 wrote:

Now, why must we make this word unsayable when other "cursing" words are not? Well, many argue that they grew up cursing, and therefore it is ok. I argue that I grew up (from age 9 or so, until now) using this word (learned from friends) as a meaningless insult.

First: Apology accepted.

Now, the word fag, or variations thereof, actually "target" (well, not target) a single group/groups. As do the "n" word and others.

Other common insults do not, and thus, don't make it feel like someone is stabbing you in the chest and twisting the knife.

digigram
Aug 4, 2004, 09:14 PM
Oct 17, 1989
your birthday right? that would make you, what, 15?

Fag has been used, in the US, since the 1950's as a negative and anti-homosexual slur. The same way the big N word has been used for AfricanAmericans even before the 50's.

My reason for stating your age? Because kids your age use the term FAG with negative intent. You don't believe me? What did you call solstis earlier? Were you regarded solstis as a "pile of sticks" or a "cigarette"? ... I think not.

As for saying F__K .. it has no meaning, it is just a word. but when used in a way such as, "F__K you, you F___ing F____er" that would be based on negative intent..

Fag, N___er, ch__k, Ra_Head.... all the same.

You just so happen to have called someone a Fag today..

Doesn't that make you feel smarter?

Stop wasting our time trying to justify your original , childish and untolerable intent by calling people things that emotionally can mess with them, when they in fact have done NOTHING wrong to you.

Half of my friends are "fags", my brother is a "fag", i'm married to a woman that half of her friends are fags..

f___ing grow up. (that better? although I don't know why I'm censoring my rights just so that someone can try and justify calling someone else a fag)

To sum things up, I don't think i'll accept your apology, what has been said is said, you can't push reset and have it all better...

If I ever called someone a fag in real life, or called a black man N____er ... i sure as hell would expect them to beat me into the ground. And I would deserve it.

although I don't accept your apology, I do hold nothing against you now. People learn from their mistakes.. I hope you learn from yours.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: digigram on 2004-08-04 19:17 ]</font>

InfernoNR7
Aug 4, 2004, 09:14 PM
On 2004-08-04 19:10, Solstis wrote:

Now, the word fag, or variations thereof, actually "target" (well, not target) a single group/groups. As do the "n" word and others.

Other common insults do not, and thus, don't make it feel like someone is stabbing you in the chest and twisting the knife.

Hmm, I see your point. Hmmmmm..... Wondering, so like African Americans and Black Americans sometimes call each other an "N" word, is it alright for a homosexual to then call another a "Fa" word? Also, it does kinda target me when others insult me on my intellignece (pretty much the only thing in life I take pride in), like insulting others on their homosexuality.

However (again) I do see your point.

InfernoNR7
Aug 4, 2004, 09:17 PM
On 2004-08-04 19:14, digigram wrote:
Oct 17, 1989
your birthday right? that would make you, what, 15?

Fag has been used, in the US, since the 1950's as a negative and anti-homosexual slur. The same way the big N word has been used for AfricanAmericans even before the 50's.

My reason for stating your age? Because kids your age use the term FAG with negative intent. You don't believe me? What did you call solstis earlier? Were you regarded solstis as a "pile of sticks" or a "cigarette"? ... I think not.

As for saying F__K .. it has no meaning, it is just a word. but when used in a way such as, "F__K you, you F___ing F____er" that would be based on negative intent..

Fag, N___er, ch__k, Ra_Head.... all the same.

You just so happen to have called someone a Fag today..

Doesn't that make you feel smarter?

Stop wasting our time trying to justify your original , childish and untolerable intent by calling people things that emotionally can mess with them, when they in fact have done NOTHING wrong to you.

Half of my friends are "fags", my brother is a "fag", i'm married to a woman that half of her friends are fags..

f___ing grow up. (that better? although I don't know why I'm censoring my rights just so that someone can try and justify calling someone else a fag)

*sigh* I guess you didn't see the part, at the very beginning of the post, where I FRICKEN APOLOGISED FOR THAT. I also edited the post where I called someone that, and apologised in that thread as well.

This was meant to be a rant on several things, as well as an apology for several things. Quite obviously, you didn't get or read my entire post.

Thanks,
Inferno

PS, I did say that I would probably leave for a long time if I got flammed for this post. So, I will be leaving for awhile after this thread is over.

agenevil
Aug 4, 2004, 09:19 PM
I think you should just take a reak for a day or two...

I get really pissy sometimes, we all do. You just need time to sort things out.

Maybe youll be in a better mood in those 2 days.

Solstis
Aug 4, 2004, 09:22 PM
On 2004-08-04 19:14, InfernoNR7 wrote:

On 2004-08-04 19:10, Solstis wrote:

Hmm, I see your point. Hmmmmm..... Wondering, so like African Americans and Black Americans sometimes call each other an "N" word, is it alright for a homosexual to then call another a "Fa" word? Also, it does kinda target me when others insult me on my intellignece (pretty much the only thing in life I take pride in), like insulting others on their homosexuality.

However (again) I do see your point.

It's like an inside joke man.

And I get to use both. n.n

InfernoNR7
Aug 4, 2004, 09:23 PM
On 2004-08-04 19:19, agenevil wrote:
I think you should just take a reak for a day or two...

I get really pissy sometimes, we all do. You just need time to sort things out.

Maybe youll be in a better mood in those 2 days.

That's what I'm doing actually, that's why this is titled my final rant....

I did break my rule and I kinda replied to your rant...... it offended me very much.

ABDUR101
Aug 4, 2004, 09:25 PM
If you called someone a fag, then you're breaking the rules. We don't allow that because then everyone would just use the excuse "Well he's tiresome, so I called him a fag".

There are quite afew other descriptive words you can use, some that are less offensive. It's the same reason we don't let people call each other the "n" word even if they don't mean anything by it, because it's offensive to some and we don't want to second guess the use of the word.

Swearing is fine as long as it's not in copious amounts.

Everyone needs a break sometime, go for it.

digigram
Aug 4, 2004, 09:27 PM
ugh.. you don't get it.

Editing a fucking post and apologizing are too late.

Try going out into a bar, walking up to a black man and calling them N___Er and then say sorry.. it doesn't work.

lastly. I did read your post, thoroughly. That does not change my opinion of you. You said sorry, big deal, stepping on someones foot accidentally deserves a sorry, calling someone an extremely sensitive word in a negative fashion burns your personality into someones memory so as to avoid you.

digigram
Aug 4, 2004, 09:34 PM
you still here? Still trying to be right I see.

InfernoNR7
Aug 4, 2004, 09:34 PM
On 2004-08-04 19:27, digigram wrote:
ugh.. you don't get it.

Try going out into a bar, walking up to a black man and calling them N___Er and then say sorry.. it doesn't work.

lastly. I did read your post, thoroughly. That does not change my opinion of you. You said sorry, big deal, stepping on someones foot accidentally deserves a sorry, calling someone an extremely sensitive word in a negative fashion burns your personality into someones memory so as to avoid you.

You know, I don't think solstis is a homosexual (therefore the point about calling a Black man an N word isn't quite coherent).

Also, this is a forum, it is quite different in the first place.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfernoNR7 on 2004-08-04 19:36 ]</font>

Solstis
Aug 4, 2004, 09:38 PM
On 2004-08-04 19:34, InfernoNR7 wrote:

On 2004-08-04 19:27, digigram wrote:
ugh.. you don't get it.

You know, I don't think solstis is a homosexual (therefore the point about calling a Black man an N word isn't quite coherent).

Also, this is a forum, it is quite different in the first place.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfernoNR7 on 2004-08-04 19:36 ]</font>

Really?

Shall I flip my hand in an awkward fashion?

Should my text be pink?

InfernoNR7
Aug 4, 2004, 09:40 PM
On 2004-08-04 19:38, Solstis wrote:
Really?

Shall I flip my hand in an awkward fashion?

Should my text be pink?

You are? If you are serious, than you have no clue how sorry I am.

Sorry.

I'm leaving now..... turning into a flame war with that other guy......

digigram
Aug 4, 2004, 09:42 PM
hurray for solstis!

Zaneatron
Aug 4, 2004, 09:48 PM
Solstis is homosexual though, or bisexual at least, so he can freely use words he is cumfortable using around other homosexuals/bisexuals.

He is also black, so he is within his right to use the "n word" as well.

Basically all topics like this are futile, and shouldnt even be started in the first place -_-;;

digigram
Aug 4, 2004, 10:01 PM
basically inferno, If you have left it in the other thread that all of this based off of in the first place, people would not feel the need to inform you that you, no matter how right you think you are, are wrong.

I don't hold anything against you other than that you said what you said and for some people, there is no going back on it.

thats all. i'm not flaming you, i'm not trying to make you feel stupid.. I'm just pointing out, that what you said, is a part of who you are and how you represent yourself to us..

if you called someone a fag, then that is part of your personality and apologizing to someone I don't think makes up for it.. Even if solstis accepted it, the only way it would truly be a worthwhile apology is realizing someday that if you want people to tolerate your personal beliefs, you have to tolerate other peoples beliefs/life styles as well. (that also goes for religion)

By saying something negative to someone else then telling people essentially that they are stupid for not believing in the things you believe in, doesn't this make no sense to you?

If you think I am flaming you.. don't. because i'm not.. i'm just get irritated when teenagers use that word and don't even realize what they are saying other than that it is a "bad" thing to them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: digigram on 2004-08-04 20:03 ]</font>

InfernoNR7
Aug 4, 2004, 11:03 PM
On 2004-08-04 20:01, digigram wrote:
basically inferno, If you have left it in the other thread that all of this based off of in the first place, people would not feel the need to inform you that you, no matter how right you think you are, are wrong.

I don't hold anything against you other than that you said what you said and for some people, there is no going back on it.

thats all. i'm not flaming you, i'm not trying to make you feel stupid.. I'm just pointing out, that what you said, is a part of who you are and how you represent yourself to us..

if you called someone a fag, then that is part of your personality and apologizing to someone I don't think makes up for it.. Even if solstis accepted it, the only way it would truly be a worthwhile apology is realizing someday that if you want people to tolerate your personal beliefs, you have to tolerate other peoples beliefs/life styles as well. (that also goes for religion)

By saying something negative to someone else then telling people essentially that they are stupid for not believing in the things you believe in, doesn't this make no sense to you?

If you think I am flaming you.. don't. because i'm not.. i'm just get irritated when teenagers use that word and don't even realize what they are saying other than that it is a "bad" thing to them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: digigram on 2004-08-04 20:03 ]</font>

I am kinda ranting on two things. You still have not commented on the other (I outlined/summarised my rant at the beginning and the end).

You really coulda fooled me on the flamming part.

You do know that I have accepted/agreed on the part of fag being rude don't you? (up like 3 or 4 posts I think).

When did I say that it was stupid of the homosexual/bisexual/transsexual to live like they do? Sure, they are more at risk of STD's and stuff, and I, personally, think it is wrong, but it does NOT mean that I don't accept them as fellow creations of Christ.

Aredhel
Aug 4, 2004, 11:13 PM
Against my better judgement, I'm going to reply to this - though some of you who are offended easily may not like what you're going to hear.

FUCKING GROW UP!!!

I am not talking about maturity here in a societal sense, I'm talking about learning to wear a fucking cup. The world is a harsh fucking place and the more you bitch and moan about someone hurting your feelings, the more you are going to make it a harsh fucking place. Why would you care about whether somebody calls you a 'fag' or any other word that makes you feel excluded? Is it truly the word that bothers you or is it the intent behind the word?...

OF COURSE IT'S THE INTENT BEHIND THE WORD!!!

Words have no purpose but for people to be expressed through them. It's feelings that are conveyed and subsequntly destroyed, but not by the words themselves! Why would somebody utter a slur that depicts a race or custom? Because it's easy, it's obvious, and, by the fact that some people get all pissed-off by certain words, it gets results. Inversely, attacking those who use certain insults is offensive all its own - you are singling that person out as a 'word-abuser' and that's a sort of insult all its own. See how this doesn't make much sense? because it's all complete and utter BULLSHIT. Now you're probably sitting there thinking 'but 'faggot' is a bad word!" I ask you: why? is it because of what it truly represents? Or is it just a limit on our speech options by authorities larger than any individual man? Are you a tool of a system? If you're such a puppet that your frustrations can be manipulated so easily then I truly pity you. Those who get caught-up on the small stuff will never learn to appreciate life for what it is - more specifically, though, what life isn't: accepting the stimulus society has manufactured and rationed to you, force-feeding you lies of programmed emotion and reactions, Prescribed feelings.

I say have object to the person, not the words coming out of the person. Even then, though - is it truly worth toiling about?

Solstis
Aug 4, 2004, 11:16 PM
On 2004-08-04 21:13, Aredhel wrote:
Against my better judgement, I'm going to reply to this - though some of you who are offended easily may not like what you're going to hear.

FUCKING GROW UP!!!

I am not talking about maturity here in a societal sense, I'm talking about learning to wear a fucking cup. The world is a harsh fucking place and the more you bitch and moan about someone hurting your feelings, the more you are going to make it a harsh fucking place. Why would you care about whether somebody calls you a 'fag' or any other word that makes you feel excluded? Is it truly the word that bothers you or is it the intent behind the word?...

OF COURSE IT'S THE INTENT BEHIND THE WORD!!!

Words have no purpose but for people to be expressed through them. It's feelings that are conveyed and subsequntly destroyed, but not by the words themselves! Why would somebody utter a slur that depicts a race or custom? Because it's easy, it's obvious, and, by the fact that some people get all pissed-off by certain words, it gets results. Inversely, attacking those who use certain insults is offensive all its own - you are singling that person out as a 'word-abuser' and that's a sort of insult all its own. See how this doesn't make much sense? because it's all complete and utter BULLSHIT. Now you're probably sitting there thinking 'but 'faggot' is a bad word!" I ask you: why? is it because of what it truly represents? Or is it just a limit on our speech options by authorities larger than any individual man? Are you a tool of a system? If you're such a puppet that your frustrations can be manipulated so easily then I truly pity you. Those who get caught-up on the small stuff will never learn to appreciate life for what it is - more specifically, though, what life isn't: accepting the stimulus society has manufactured and rationed to you, force-feeding you lies of programmed emotion and reactions, Prescribed feelings.

I say have object to the person, not the words coming out of the person. Even then, though - is it truly worth toiling about?

I was really hoping this stupid cycle of worthless point and worthless counterpoint would end.

*looks above*

Nope.

So...

SHUT.

UP.

I forgot who I yoinked this from:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/Toldos/kthxbye.gif

Solstis
Aug 4, 2004, 11:21 PM
... wtf? I must be sleepy.

WHERE DID THIS COME FROM!??!?!?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2004-08-04 21:23 ]</font>

InfernoNR7
Aug 4, 2004, 11:21 PM
On 2004-08-04 21:16, Solstis wrote:

I was really hoping this stupid cycle of worthless point and worthless counterpoint would end.

*looks above*

Nope.

So...

SHUT.

UP.

Isn't almost the entirety of this forum pointless? It's meant to vent frustration most of the time, not make a point (again, usually).

KodiaX987
Aug 4, 2004, 11:26 PM
I somehow think you vent it in the wrong way... Go get some training at WTF.com. ^_^

InfernoNR7
Aug 4, 2004, 11:29 PM
I would, but, in short, I can't even access the website, due to forces beyond my control (my mom Oo).

Aredhel
Aug 4, 2004, 11:47 PM

*looks above*

Nope.

So...

SHUT.

UP.

I'm offended that you so easily dismissed what I had to say. It sort of feels like somebody, singled me out, plunged a knife into me and twisted it - sort of like what it feels to be called 'fag'. You are a tool of the system and only serve to exemplify inverse relationships - if you are so eager to end the usage of such words, why would you perpetuate the same inclination towards conveyance of a particular mood? Surely you can see the double-standard here?

Solstis
Aug 5, 2004, 12:05 AM
On 2004-08-04 21:47, Aredhel wrote:

*looks above*

Nope.

So...

SHUT.

UP.

I'm offended that you so easily dismissed what I had to say. It sort of feels like somebody, singled me out, plunged a knife into me and twisted it - sort of like what it feels to be called 'fag'. You are a tool of the system and only serve to exemplify inverse relationships - if you are so eager to end the usage of such words, why would you perpetuate the same inclination towards conveyance of a particular mood? Surely you can see the double-standard here?

Uh-huh.

FUCKING GROW UP!!!

Hm??? Sorry, as a "tool," I often am misguided and prone to outbreaks of self-righteous anger.

In your defense, I suppose I should blow deragatory comments off.

InfernoNR7
Aug 5, 2004, 12:15 AM
I think I'll just laugh.

HAHAHAHaahahaha. wow.

ummm

why is this funny? because it just is. So stop asking why.

ABDUR101
Aug 5, 2004, 01:01 AM
It's not even being hurt by the word, it's the fact that someone is ignorant enough to actually use it that pisses me off, just the same with the usage of the "n" word. If you're being demeaning and serious with it's use, then that principle alone is what pisses me off, not the word at all.

In the end, I don't give a damn what anyone does in their free time in public or on other sites, but here, the rules will be followed.

Rejoice!