PDA

View Full Version : To the people who ruin the mystery

AUTO_
Aug 5, 2004, 02:41 AM
^ > Fuck you.

The man/woman who ruins the mystery is one of my most hated individuals.

It can be anything, really...but it's mainly forms of entertainment.

-TV
-Movies
-Games

The man/woman who ruins the mystery holds something they know of important information and completely blows their load (verbally) in front of you just to...

Remind themselves how much they loved 'it'.

If you're already confused, don't worry, cause so am I!

The main reason I made this (I think, anyways...what fucking time is it?) is because recently a very important movie has been completely bastarded because this **************...****** decided he couldn't wait to ruin the movie for me.

Then, when he told me, I started to remember other times the mystery was ruined.

I remember a friend and I both got Zelda WW at the same time--and the dumb motherfucker decided to tell me how the game ended one day at school just completely out of the blue.

Holy shit dude that does sound cool!

Now please go in the corner and staple your lips together for ruining it for me you motherfucking test-subject defect!! *muscle spasm*

I absolutely hate it when I want to find/watch/etc something myself, only to have the "experience" bastardized by the mystery killer of death.

It's happened to me on many occasions--and I can just sit and look at the future for so many more future experiences to be hindered by some fucking moron who couldn't hold it together and not bust out and tell the entire fucking neighborhood just to relieve him/her self.

Thanks a lot mystery killer...you have completely bastardized so many glorious things that I wished to see myself.

I wonder if I was this pissed when I found out Santa wasn't real...?

WraithVerge
Aug 5, 2004, 02:48 AM
Happened to me with a lot of things as well, although the one I remember the most is Eternal Darkness.

*small spoiler alert if you have never played Eternal Darkness*

I liked the game, but the thing is all I wanted to hear was about the Sanity meter and weird shit happening when it got low. Instead, I got told like 80% of what happens when it does get low and how to beat some parts of the level. Basically, the whole 'OMFG TEH CONTRLOER IS NOT RESPONDIGN!?!?' emotion and a few others didn't affect me one bit cause I knew about it before hand... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Also, I got an explaination on how to beat the Black Guardian as Peter Jacob... eh. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WraithVerge on 2004-08-05 00:50 ]</font>

RicoRoyal
Aug 5, 2004, 02:52 AM
When I think of ways to ruin movies, one movie in particular pops into my mind. It would be so easy, and just flat out cruel to tell someone how this movie ends.

The movie: Memento

The end: ...

HA! Just kidding... I wouldn't stoop so low.

I know how you feel, AUTO_.
I know because it's happend to me with plenty of things, and I also know because I've done it once or twice (Star Wars Episode II... my friends had it coming though).

Aredhel
Aug 5, 2004, 09:51 AM
The movie 'Identity' was ruined for me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

If any of you have seen it, you know that if the secret is blown, the film is useless.

Kadavreski
Aug 5, 2004, 10:03 AM
most films are >_>

lol...i like to know what happens sometimes, and i think its funny just teasing my friends with fake endings...but, then i just say its a joke, i'm no sadist.

AUTO_
Aug 5, 2004, 11:40 AM
On 2004-08-05 08:03, mechgun_mike wrote:
i think its funny just teasing my friends with fake endings...but, then i just say its a joke

So cruel... >_>

It happens with movies the most, but when it happens with games it appears to be on a bigger scale.

I had a large portion of MGS2 ruined a day after I bought the game.

Bastards!

Outrider
Aug 5, 2004, 03:02 PM
Amen, AUTO. It pisses me off when people just don't even get it. My cousin will start talking about how he watched his friend beat a game and go into detail about the ending when I'm just starting it RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM. My brothers and I have come so close to strangling him so many times.

Of course, then you have my older brother, who is so picky about talking about games. I can't even say something like "Oh yeah, I shot a guy on the boat in Metal Gear Solid 2" without him freaking out and going, "WHAT!? You're ruining it for me! How was I supposed to know that you get a gun at some point in time in a Metal Gear Solid game or that there would indeed be people in these areas that I could use said weapon against!?!?!?"

And etc, etc. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Axispoint
Aug 5, 2004, 04:08 PM
I got the Sense Sixth ruined for me by a moron on TV (Craig Kilborn). I watched the movie with someone who didn't know, at least. Still pissed me off, though :-/ And online, I've seen a few people that are evidentally either too stupid or too lazy to mark spoilers and I specifically remember getting the Matrix Revolutions ruined that way.

And I have this friend who can get very annoying when he has to sit there and tell me the entire storyline to some anime I guess I didn't want to see, with him spoiling the story for me and everything.

Maybe I should dig my hole under my rock a bit deeper...

AUTO_
Aug 6, 2004, 03:19 PM
On 2004-08-05 14:08, Axispoint wrote:
I got the Sense Sixth ruined for me by a moron on TV (Craig Kilborn).

Yeah, you have to watch out for that Craig Kilborn...

Damn Sixth Sense would be one of the worst movies to be ruined...