PDA

View Full Version : FKL Election Info

Ketchup345
Aug 6, 2004, 04:41 PM
There are only 3 Parties that will be in the election (not that it matters since I canceled the elections, and will eliminate every power that the leader has):
A-DTPA
DTPA
Neutral

There is one candidate from each party.

I'm for the A-DTPA, Allos for the DTPA, and someone will be the leader for the Neutral.

Also, my VP is Ness.

Quo
Aug 6, 2004, 04:43 PM
You can't restrain all the other parties. There will be riots in the streets.

(can you?)

Sef
Aug 6, 2004, 04:43 PM
I guess Mix is leader of Neutral?

Scrub
Aug 6, 2004, 04:44 PM
On 2004-08-06 14:43, Quo wrote:

(can you?)

1.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

2.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Ketchup345
Aug 6, 2004, 04:46 PM
Yes, I can. This is not a true Democracy. As was seen the first day I was in power (converted the whole system into a dictatorship).

FKL only has room for the A-DTPA, DTPA, and the Neutral party. We did have a 4th party before, but they quickly "left".

Quo
Aug 6, 2004, 04:48 PM
On 2004-08-06 14:46, Ketchup345 wrote:
Yes, I can. This is not a true Democracy. As was seen the first day I was in power (converted the whole system into a dictatorship).

FKL only has room for the A-DTPA, DTPA, and the Neutral party. We did have a 4th party before, but they quickly "left".

What do the Neutral and DTPA party leaders have to say about that?

Ketchup345
Aug 6, 2004, 04:49 PM
On 2004-08-06 14:48, Quo wrote:

Neutral Party does not have an official leader yet, and the DTPA I'm sure supports my position on this (since Allos created the idea of a 3 party system).

_Ted_
Aug 6, 2004, 04:50 PM
So, how much did Ness pay you?

Kadavreski
Aug 6, 2004, 04:51 PM
On 2004-08-06 14:44, Scrub wrote:

On 2004-08-06 14:43, Quo wrote:

(can you?)

1.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

2.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

us uziz will take over anyway, crie will shoot up, the cute party won't be cute no more, and you may get hated.

Quo
Aug 6, 2004, 04:52 PM
On 2004-08-06 14:49, Ketchup345 wrote:

On 2004-08-06 14:48, Quo wrote:

Neutral Party does not have an official leader yet, and the DTPA I'm sure supports my position on this (since Allos created the idea of a 3 party system).

Know your current events (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=87703&forum=14&537)

Mix is the nuetral party candidate. His running mate is Sef.

Ketchup345
Aug 6, 2004, 04:53 PM
On 2004-08-06 14:50, _Ted_ wrote:

None.

I need a VP that is highly active in FKL, and is a member of the A-DTPA (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=63971&forum=14).

He fits both qualities.

Kadavreski
Aug 6, 2004, 05:04 PM
On 2004-08-06 14:53, Ketchup345 wrote:

On 2004-08-06 14:50, _Ted_ wrote:

None.

I need a VP that is highly active in FKL, and is a member of the A-DTPA.

He fits both qualities.

lies!

Solstis
Aug 6, 2004, 05:18 PM
Listen to what Ketchup says!

Otherwise, SHOES will be forced to team up with the SL Runners and whatever organization KaFKa is in to KICK YOUR ASS OUTTA THE LANDFILL!

The flooding of the forum with imcomprehensible garbage pertaining to an election that most likely will not happen is getting out of hand. Not only that, but Interesting topics are being flushed down the drain to page 2, and Solstis is getting pissed.

Other organizations had their chance to get in the Neutral party election. We don't need more than 3 parties people, so deal.

Kadavreski
Aug 6, 2004, 05:21 PM
lol....its just some fun, ya know.

Sord
Aug 6, 2004, 05:32 PM
On 2004-08-06 15:18, Solstis wrote:

Other organizations had their chance to get in the Neutral party election. We don't need more than 3 parties people, so deal.

except that we couldn't creat those parties since some of us weren't around when this whole thing originally started.

Also Kethcup, it is highly possible that if the Neutral party wanted to, they could all combine forces for one reason: over throwing you and placing a new form of government in place that suits the needs of the majority.

One advantage we have is the ability to use nukes, while you and the DTPA and A-DTPA decided to sign a treaty to not bring nukes into FKL, however, you do not specify for what purpose (even if using them agaisnt another party) so thus making them unusable for any reason at all, and since you are in the A-DTPA, more importantly their leader, you would be going against the treaty. While the Nuetral party never signed any such contract, and is fully capable of using nukes wihtout breaking a treaty.

On top of that, a good few members of the Nuetral party have their own armies, while you basically have one. While Allos could order the army to stop a revolt, the army is the population in FKL, the only parties that might agree to fight (and add their own independant armies to the fight) would be the members of the DTPA and the A-DTPA, which considering neither of them are actually active in those parties, and some have there own nuetral parties, may decide not to fight anyways and possibly join the Nuetral party.

So basically to sum it all up: Your reign Ketchup, is only safe so long as the various groups in the nuetral party decides not to unite.

Solstis
Aug 6, 2004, 05:34 PM
On 2004-08-06 15:32, Sord wrote:

except that we couldn't creat those parties since some of us weren't around when this whole thing originally started.

Also Kethcup, it is highly possible that if the Neutral party wanted to, they could all combine forces for one reason: over throwing you and placing a new form of government in place that suits the needs of the majority.

One advantage we have is the ability to use nukes, while you and the DTPA and A-DTPA decided to sign a treaty to not bring nukes into FKL, however, you do not specify for what purpose (even if using them agaisnt another party) so thus making them unusable for any reason at all, and since you are in the A-DTPA, more importantly their leader, you would be going against the treaty. While the Nuetral party never signed any such contract, and is fully capable of using nukes wihtout breaking a treaty.

On top of that, a good few members of the Nuetral party have their own armies, while you basically have one. While Allos could order the army to stop a revolt, the army is the population in FKL, the only parties that might agree to fight (and add their own independant armies to the fight) would be the members of the DTPA and the A-DTPA, which considering neither of them are actually active in those parties, and some have there own nuetral parties, may decide not to fight anyways and possibly join the Nuetral party.

So basically to sum it all up: Your reign Ketchup, is only safe so long as the various groups in the nuetral party decides not to unite.

But we all hate each other. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Scrub
Aug 6, 2004, 05:35 PM
Not true!

I love everybody.n_n I have no reason not to.

Sord
Aug 6, 2004, 05:42 PM
On 2004-08-06 15:34, Solstis wrote:

But we all hate each other. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

thats kind of typical of you to say Solstis, especially since your not actually getting involved in this at all.

Heck, I could probably pull some support from Sef and Eclair, and possibly Mech if I'm nice enough, and inturn their followers and co-leaders will join in as well. Though I'm not saying I'm actually going to do that, I'm just pointing out it's possible.

Solstis
Aug 6, 2004, 05:49 PM
On 2004-08-06 15:42, Sord wrote:

On 2004-08-06 15:34, Solstis wrote:

thats kind of typical of you to say Solstis, especially since your not actually getting involved in this at all.

Heck, I could probably pull some support from Sef and Eclair, and possibly Mech if I'm nice enough, and inturn their followers and co-leaders will join in as well. Though I'm not saying I'm actually going to do that, I'm just pointing out it's possible.

*shrugs*

It happens.

Ketchup345
Aug 6, 2004, 06:22 PM

1) Too bad. It was announced.
2) But they won't.
3) We banned Nukes in FKL by use by anyone, not just the A-DTPa and the DTPA. Anyways, we have stockpiles of other weapons.
4) They won't. :evil
5) They all hate each other, they are fighting amongst themselves.

Sord
Aug 6, 2004, 06:29 PM
On 2004-08-06 16:22, Ketchup345 wrote:

1) Too bad. It was announced.
2) But they won't.
3) We banned Nukes in FKL by use by anyone, not just the A-DTPa and the DTPA. Anyways, we have stockpiles of other weapons.
4) They won't. :evil
5) They all hate each other, they are fighting amongst themselves.

uh... 2 and 3 are the same thing, and since you technically are powerless to stop any uniting, those really aren't true >_> and on 3 it WAS just ADTPA and the DTPA, it wouldn't make any sense for the general to sign a treaty with his leader. Also, when people revolt, they tend not to obey the law anyways, and could resort to nuclear bombs regardless, of course you could to, that's your choice. Also, there really isn't much fighting, basically just vote for [insert nuetral party] in about three threads, while no real hostile actions have been taken, besides, if they can't rule, why should you, hence strip you of your power. It is possible, and it could happen, and it might happen, there is no guarntee either way Ketchup, either for my part of the argument or yours, because it can go both ways.

Ketchup345
Aug 6, 2004, 07:17 PM
On 2004-08-06 16:29, Sord wrote:
uh... 2 and 3 are the same thing, and since you technically are powerless to stop any uniting, those really aren't true >_> and on 3 it WAS just ADTPA and the DTPA, it wouldn't make any sense for the general to sign a treaty with his leader. Also, when people revolt, they tend not to obey the law anyways, and could resort to nuclear bombs regardless, of course you could to, that's your choice. Also, there really isn't much fighting, basically just vote for [insert nuetral party] in about three threads, while no real hostile actions have been taken, besides, if they can't rule, why should you, hence strip you of your power. It is possible, and it could happen, and it might happen, there is no guarntee either way Ketchup, either for my part of the argument or yours, because it can go both ways.

1) We still have some army.
2) No, it banned nukes from all of FKL.
3) Nuclear inspections show there aren't any. And if there are, we have a "very large" stash of non-nuclear weapons capable of doing great damage.
4) It can easily escalate into something more
5) I'm going to take away any and all power from myself anyways when we switch to a true communism on Sunday.

Sord
Aug 6, 2004, 07:36 PM
5) I'm going to take away any and all power from myself anyways when we switch to a true communism on Sunday.

why didn't you just say the before http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

on another note, how are you going to keep it a communism :/

Quo
Aug 6, 2004, 07:51 PM
Anarchy > Communism.

Sord
Aug 6, 2004, 07:53 PM
On 2004-08-06 17:51, Quo wrote:
Anarchy > Communism.

well, each party could become it's own independent faction with there own rules, at least that way, technically everyone can be happy, and if they are not, they can still make there own party since the world of FKL is communism.

Quo
Aug 6, 2004, 08:00 PM
On 2004-08-06 17:53, Sord wrote:

Anarchy > Communism.

well, each party could become it's own independent faction with there own rules, at least that way, technically everyone can be happy, and if they are not, they can still make there own party since the world of FKL is communism.

You can't really have parties in Communism. It'll all degenerate in anarchy anyway no matter what Ketchup declares.

Sord
Aug 6, 2004, 08:07 PM
On 2004-08-06 18:00, Quo wrote:

On 2004-08-06 17:53, Sord wrote:

Anarchy > Communism.

You can't really have parties in Communism. It'll all degenerate in anarchy anyway no matter what Ketchup declares.

but that's were humanitys ability to ignore the blatantly obvious comes in http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Ketchup345
Aug 6, 2004, 08:10 PM
On 2004-08-06 17:36, Sord wrote:
why didn't you just say the before http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Assassinate anyone who tries to take the role of a leader. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif

Quo
Aug 6, 2004, 08:12 PM
On 2004-08-06 18:10, Ketchup345 wrote:

Assassinate anyone who tries to take the role of a leader. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif

But why will the assassins listen to you once you relinquish power? And if you do the assassinating yourself then its the same as remaining a dictator. You can't control all of the people ketchup. That's why large scale communist regimes don't work the way communism is supposed to.

Which is why: Anarchy > Communism.

Sord
Aug 6, 2004, 08:12 PM
On 2004-08-06 18:10, Ketchup345 wrote:

and how are you going to do that if no one is serving under you? you'll most likely get killed if you do it, you've been lazy up on that throne all this time http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Ketchup345
Aug 6, 2004, 08:16 PM
On 2004-08-06 18:12, Quo wrote:
But why will the assassins listen to you once you relinquish power? And if you do the assassinating yourself then its the same as remaining a dictator. You can't control all of the people ketchup. That's why large scale communist regimes don't work the way communism is supposed to.

I would do them myself, if need be. Communism does alow a police force I'm sure; which is what would prevent anyone from taking power.

Not really, because as dictator, I am able to do anything and everything I want (such as 5000 extra @ per week). I won't be able to do that once I declare the place a true Communism.

Quo
Aug 6, 2004, 08:18 PM
On 2004-08-06 18:16, Ketchup345 wrote:

I would do them myself, if need be. Communism does alow a police force I'm sure; which is what would prevent anyone from taking power.

Not really, because as dictator, I am able to do anything and everything I want (such as 5000 extra @ per week). I won't be able to do that once I declare the place a true Communism.

But then the police force has power and now you have an oligarchy. Which is bad. Real bad. So if you're going to have a large scale government it has to be a Monarchy or a Representative democracy or something along those lines.

Sord
Aug 6, 2004, 08:37 PM
On 2004-08-06 18:18, Quo wrote:

But then the police force has power and now you have an oligarchy. Which is bad. Real bad. So if you're going to have a large scale government it has to be a Monarchy or a Representative democracy or something along those lines.

not that a group of about 40-50 fifty people, some not even in the country most of the time, can be called large-scaled in government >_>

Ketchup345
Aug 6, 2004, 08:38 PM

The police enforce laws that were approved by a consul representing everyone.

And anyway, the FKL police is the FKL army, which everyone is conscribed in. So we are all part fo the police force, so it isn't much of an oligarchy.

Quo
Aug 6, 2004, 08:42 PM
On 2004-08-06 18:37, Sord wrote:

not that a group of about 40-50 fifty people, some not even in the country most of the time, can be called large-scaled in government >_>

True enough, but because we all have different ambitions, it works the same way. When one person decides the commune will fail, it must because to keep him from doing so, someone must take power.

In an anarchy, when someone decide to destroy the status quo, the other members of said anarchy band together, form a short term government, kill the mother fucker, disband the government and the anarchy resumes. Isn't that nice? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Quo
Aug 6, 2004, 08:43 PM
On 2004-08-06 18:38, Ketchup345 wrote:

The police enforce laws that were approved by a consul representing everyone.

And anyway, the FKL police is the FKL army, which everyone is conscribed in. So we are all part fo the police force, so it isn't much of an oligarchy.

But if we all have equal military power, then its basically an anarchy. Your communism sucks ketchup! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Kuea
Aug 6, 2004, 08:45 PM
0_o

now that I think of it I am still ketchup's secretary which means I should be helping him

Solstis
Aug 6, 2004, 08:47 PM
On 2004-08-06 18:42, Quo wrote:

On 2004-08-06 18:37, Sord wrote:

True enough, but because we all have different ambitions, it works the same way. When one person decides the commune will fail, it must because to keep him from doing so, someone must take power.

In an anarchy, when someone decide to destroy the status quo, the other members of said anarchy band together, form a short term government, kill the mother fucker, disband the government and the anarchy resumes. Isn't that nice? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Anarchy is a great concept for a nation of farmers. Or in fact, a group of farmers who live independently of one another, each with their own methods of transportation.

But with Anarchy, you have to depend on the hope that humans aren't inherently jerks. But humans are.

Anarchy, like communism, is destined to fail on many levels (social, political, blah blah)

Ketchup345
On 2004-08-06 18:43, Quo wrote:
But if we all have equal military power, then its basically an anarchy. Your communism sucks ketchup! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Anarachy is no government.
We would have equal power in the government's workings.

True Communism is not arnarchy, but close to it.

Sord
On 2004-08-06 18:45, Eclair wrote:
0_o

now that I think of it I am still ketchup's secretary which means I should be helping him

there's nothing to really help him with

Quo
Aug 6, 2004, 08:50 PM
On 2004-08-06 18:47, Solstis wrote:

Anarchy is a great concept for a nation of farmers. Or in fact, a group of farmers who live independently of one another, each with their own methods of transportation.

But with Anarchy, you have to depend on the hope that humans aren't inherently jerks. But humans are.

Anarchy, like communism, is destined to fail on many levels (social, political, blah blah)

Well, yeah, you'd have to disband society to get it to work well.

But how many of us in FKL actually work together?

Quo
Aug 6, 2004, 08:52 PM
On 2004-08-06 18:47, Ketchup345 wrote:

On 2004-08-06 18:43, Quo wrote:

Anarachy is no government.
We would have equal power in the government's workings.

True Communism is not arnarchy, but close to it.

Well, sort of. Anarchy forms weak short term governments when something threatens its members.

If we all have equal power, and we're all involved in the government, then government is pointless because there's no one to govern. What will keep us together?

Ketchup345
Aug 6, 2004, 08:52 PM
On 2004-08-06 18:50, Quo wrote:

A-DTPA works decently together.
DTPA works ok together.
Neutral doesn't get along together that well.

So we need to recruit everyone into either the DTPA or the A-DTPA!

Quo
Aug 6, 2004, 08:54 PM
On 2004-08-06 18:52, Ketchup345 wrote:

DTPA works ok together.

If you wan't recruits, why not actively promote the views of your respective party?

Solstis
Aug 6, 2004, 08:54 PM
On 2004-08-06 18:52, Ketchup345 wrote:

DTPA works ok together.

SHOES works pretty well together (pulling strings and assasinations to get mix/sef elected).

InfernoNR7
Aug 7, 2004, 03:10 AM
Elections sound like fun, I am voting for Uziz. *with a gun pointed to my head*

Ketchup345
Aug 7, 2004, 07:05 AM
On 2004-08-06 18:52, Quo wrote:
Well, sort of. Anarchy forms weak short term governments when something threatens its members.

If we all have equal power, and we're all involved in the government, then government is pointless because there's no one to govern. What will keep us together?

We govern ourselves. Hope, and n00b spammers keep us together.

On 2004-08-06 18:54, Quo wrote:
If you wan't recruits, why not actively promote the views of your respective party?

Not needed. The DTPA is dead, and the A-DTPA doesn't have to do anything since the DTPA is inactive. And anyways, I may switch back to that sig after the US election.

dude3282
Aug 7, 2004, 07:10 AM
Why are we discussing this? Politics of the forum - like it matters?

Oh well, at least it's entertaining.

Kadavreski
Aug 7, 2004, 07:13 AM
On 2004-08-07 05:05, Ketchup345 wrote:

On 2004-08-06 18:52, Quo wrote:

We govern ourselves. Hope, and n00b spammers keep us together.

On 2004-08-06 18:54, Quo wrote:

Not needed. The DTPA is dead, and the A-DTPA doesn't have to do anything since the DTPA is inactive. And anyways, I may switch back to that sig after the US election.

we're still active, believe you me.

Sord
Aug 7, 2004, 12:55 PM
On 2004-08-07 05:10, dude3282 wrote:
Why are we discussing this? Politics of the forum - like it matters?

Oh well, at least it's entertaining.

i love it when people answer their own questions

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

dude3282
Aug 7, 2004, 02:53 PM
Well, I guess I picked up on an FKL philosophy - something like "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." I'm going to tell you whatever I want, whether it's stupid or not, just because.

Ahh. The beauty of FKL. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smilejap.gif

Kadavreski
Aug 7, 2004, 03:17 PM
yes....our anthem is and IMA robot song...because they are all very random. like fkl.

take the song dynomite

doubletake123
Aug 7, 2004, 03:21 PM
On 2004-08-07 13:17, mechgun_mike wrote:
yes....our anthem is and IMA robot song...because they are all very random. like fkl.

take the song dynomite

I thought i was that one song...uhhhh...oh ya. Barbie girl.

Allos
Aug 7, 2004, 03:23 PM
Dead are we? I just had Brad. burn a whole section of Levis in a Canadian department store!

Kadavreski
Aug 7, 2004, 03:26 PM
no....thats the one that got off topic to laugh at us uncontrollably.

doubletake123
Aug 7, 2004, 03:26 PM
On 2004-08-07 13:23, Allos wrote:
Dead are we? I just had Brad. burn a whole section of Levis in a Canadian department store!

Dang, Canadians. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif see teh dtpa is still alive!!

Solstis
Aug 7, 2004, 03:41 PM
On 2004-08-07 13:23, Allos wrote:

There were shoes in that store! You madmen!

Sord
Aug 7, 2004, 11:01 PM
On 2004-08-07 12:53, dude3282 wrote:
Well, I guess I picked up on an FKL philosophy - something like "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." I'm going to tell you whatever I want, whether it's stupid or not, just because.

Ahh. The beauty of FKL. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smilejap.gif

spread deh word word mah man http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif