PDA

View Full Version : DAMN YOU RAIN!

Deathscythealpha
Aug 11, 2004, 06:23 PM
Erg, after being jobless for 2 months after getting sacked (i didnt work over easter when i was back for less then a week to see my family, so i got sacked. Fuck that) and being turned down by every place i went too as they didnt want students, i finally got a good job as a Roofing Contractor (or thats what they call it anyway). My first day is tomorrow...

Except it is absolutly pissing it down with rain! Thunder, lightning, the works! This means that the ground will be wet so no ladders can be placed and roofs will be slippy, so no work up there. So basically its not likly that i will be working tomorrow.

Damn you rain! Find somebody else to, um, rain on and let me earn some money before i have to go back to Uni!

(Also the rain managed to throw me off my Fan Fic writing as i had to go running around the house closing all the windows and phoneing people to find out whats going on, using up the last of my net time and only allowing me to post this annoyed rant. So no update tonight peeps as i have to go sleep early in the vein hope that work will come).

*shakes fist at sky*

_Ted_
Aug 11, 2004, 06:38 PM
Heh, why don't you send some of that rain over here?

WHERE ARE YOU RAIN!?

*shakes fist at sky*

shifter
Aug 12, 2004, 12:25 PM
and here i was, thinking that im the only who hasnt worked in a few months. its nice or rather not nice to see an economy as bad as ours. at least youll be able to get back to work soon and does roofing pay well and do you need any exp.?

Deathscythealpha
Aug 12, 2004, 05:02 PM
Well, it wasnt to bad in the end and i got a days work and money, woo! However it did manage to piss it down for an hour while i was on the scafolding and resulted in me and 3 other guys cowering under said scafolding. Then we found out the chaps had left the back door open for us just incase, doh! Then for some reason we had some sort of heatwave and now im a helathy red colour (Tannage hopefully). I dont get the weather some times.

Shifter, i think that both of your questions can be answered by saying it depends who you work with. For working 8 hours today (8:00 till 16:00) i got £30 cash in hand. For a student i dont feel that its that bad, but if you went to other people they may have different rates, higher or lower. And the only experiance i really had was being my brothers brother, as he plays football with my new boss. Luckily i had knowledge of CDT (Crafts and Design) from school so i was able to get along quite well with the tools and some of the terms that were thrown at me. Some bosses may like a resume and lots of experiance, some might just want to train you up.

But it isnt a bad job.

shifter
Aug 12, 2004, 10:14 PM
o, ok. i wouldnt mind roofing, it seems time consuming, which i like in a job, and hopefully i can work while in school. unfortunately i dont know anyone in the industry so i cant get my leg in the door. at least if i do get it, ill pay better than some of the other jobs in the area, fastfood mainly.

Azbats
Aug 13, 2004, 12:52 PM
We certainly have been hit with some absolutely shite weather this week [just because we had sun for a few days God has to punish us]!!!

But because the rain has been so violent [and the humidity still extreemly high] it has actually been rather fun. On Tuesday I was out in town and it was sunny within 30 seconds [no word of a lie] it looked like someone had thrown a bucket of water over me. I just couldn't stop laughing.

Although when i got to Leeds I was wearing thin on the old "should have brought a brolly" quibs, but nevermind!

Sharkyland
Aug 13, 2004, 01:25 PM
First Bonnie, now Charles... blah, I hate hurricane season.