PDA

View Full Version : Where's the GEAR?

PSO_Krunk
Feb 21, 2001, 07:29 AM
Alright, I've logged over 72 online hours as a Ranger, and I've obtained some ok guns, (varista, visk and a cannon I've ground the hell out of) but where are all the fly weapons I've seen you other rangers toting around?

I'll be damned if you guys don't have rocket launchers and spread crossbows, and all sorts of other great stuff I can't seem to get!

Help a robot out here, and post some pointers as to how to get the sweet gear. I'd give 10 levels off my mag for a crush bullet or something equally rad.

Butter-Knife
Feb 21, 2001, 07:31 AM
i heard what items you get has to do with your section id... my hunter (yellowboze) finds crush bullets everywhere....

Ambrai
Feb 21, 2001, 07:38 AM
I honestly think that people aren't being paitent enough (trait aquired via EQ). I belive the Section ID will limit what items you get so you are forced to trade online, but if I remember correctly it worked like this.

6 item class groups

Section ID #1

Class 1 80%
Class 2 60%
Class 3 50%
Class 4 40%
Class 5 25%
Class 6 10%

So your chances of getting certian loot is greatly reduced if that fabled chain gun is a class 6 loot for you. But you should be making up for it in other areas. Re-evaluate your loot on your next run. See what you get commonly and that is probally your class 1 loot.

PSO_Krunk
Feb 21, 2001, 07:44 AM
I'm bluefill. I come accross BOAT-LOADS of cross armor and other defense items. if it's not crappy armor, its usuall palisches and swords my character can't even use...

rats!

Butter-Knife
Feb 21, 2001, 07:46 AM
I think the Strategy Guide for PSO has info about Section IDs...

Mistkerl_Zwo
Feb 21, 2001, 01:03 PM
I'm bluefill too, and thats basically all i ever get, cross armor and pallasches, blech!

but i can't complain because i did get parasite armor even tho i can't use, and i did find a club of laconium+6 and a fire scepter agni...

iNiGHTS
Feb 21, 2001, 01:08 PM
Im whitill and all i ever found (even though im only lv 11) is magic disk stuff like gifoie lv 2 etc, im a ranger... the hell a auto gund is so rare i can't find one untill im at caves 3.... and btw i heard from the guide that whitill should find.... slicers?