PDA

View Full Version : Summer of 2004: Worst. Summer. Ever.

Link00seven
Aug 17, 2004, 02:22 PM
OK, i'm royally pissed, and since this topic is mostly related to one thing, i'll cut to the chase.

HighSchoolers, do yourself a favor. Never become Class President. You might think "oh, but i'll be one of the guys in charge, and alot of the kids'll like me!" Thats what I thought, I thought it'd be super cool. IT'S NOT! DON'T DO IT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR SANITY!

Because of being class president, I didnt even HAVE a vacation. I was constantly busy, calling people, building the stupid homecoming float, doing these stupid car washes to raise money, and other stupid bullshit that I personally dont care about. I knew when I took the job that i'd be dealin with things, but I never knew how much it would get in the WAY! I haven't left Dearborn Heights, MI all summer because everytime I want to do something, I have to check and see whats going on...

Like this saturday. These bastards schedule a car wash on me, and now i have to miss the Woodward Dream Cruise. Something I had been waiting for since the last time I was able to goto one (2 yrs ago) and now I have to miss it.

OK, second reason this summer has sucked.

My family. They're fucking idiots. See, my mom and dad just got a divorce, so things have already been a pain in the ass, but it gets even worse when your fuckin mom and dad are still seeing each other all the time!

Oh, it gets worse.

How about every fucking time I turn around I got my mom bitchin to me how "oh Matt I dont know what to do, I dont want your dad here but I cant kick him out ! And I tell her the same thing...kick him out, your divorced and he has a house, but she cries she isnt "strong enough." BULL SHIT! If you wernt strong you wouldn't have got the fuckin divorce. Then you've got the constant "You dad's this and this from my mom, and hearing my dad say "your moms this and this"

It's aggrivating, and I'm personally sick of it and i'm an inch away from going to Friend of the Court and requesting to live w/ my grandparents, because both my parents are idiots.

I guess thats it. Basically, class president sucks. Its always got me busy, I can never do anything, and I miss out. It's worse then a fuckin job but I'm not getting paid for it at all. I'd have been better off getting a summer job so I could get money...

And my family, well, they just suck, and they dont know what they want or how to act...

This has been another quality rant curtousy of Link00seven.

Scrub
Aug 17, 2004, 02:48 PM
..I'm confused. Do they have blackmail on you or something that you can't just tell them 'Fuck off, I got shit to do' and not show up? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Link00seven
Aug 17, 2004, 03:07 PM
I'm about ready to do just that and not give a shit what they say...

Eihwaz
Aug 17, 2004, 03:17 PM
On 2004-08-17 13:07, Link00seven wrote:
I'm about ready to do just that and not give a shit what they say...

I'd do that, certainly. I mean, if you've given up your whole damn summer for car washes, surely they won't mind you leaving for a couple days for a cruise?

Armok
Aug 17, 2004, 03:27 PM
Fuck it man people in charge always end up getting fucked over.

Quit being Class President tell your bitch mother to stop being so fucking weak and setting a bad example for you and sort herself out and tell anyone that argues thats you don't give a shit and to fuck off so you can have a good time.

InfernoNR7
Aug 17, 2004, 06:20 PM
This rant makes me worry about being a platoon commander this coming year... sheesh!

This really sucks for you, and all I can say is to skip the car washes.

I'm really sorry about your parents and all.

Ketchup345
Aug 17, 2004, 06:53 PM
The car wash and cruise:
Just say you had previous plans, and that you can't back out of them. It is understandable to miss one event once in a while. You need some time to yourself anyways due to events at home.

Your parents:
Why not try to find a relative to take care of you until the whole thing settles down. If you can't, just find a way to stay out of your house as much as you can until it settles.
I'm sure your parents and whoever you stay with would be somewhat understanding.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-08-17 16:56 ]</font>

Firocket1690
Aug 17, 2004, 10:25 PM
huh ?

Weren't those class president things just populatiry contests ? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Para
Aug 17, 2004, 10:48 PM
no wonder u havent been on much

Link00seven
Aug 17, 2004, 11:28 PM
On 2004-08-17 20:48, Nites wrote:
no wonder u havent been on much

Alot of the reason I decided to cancel BB--no time to play it right now.

AUTO_
Aug 18, 2004, 12:12 AM
On 2004-08-17 20:25, Firocket1690 wrote:
huh ?

Weren't those class president things just populatiry contests ? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Not really...at my school--we just vote in a class president as a joke.

Teachers hate it--but can't say shit, because obviously they don't want to ridicule anyone becoming class president.

We do the same thing for Prom and Homecoming King/Queen.

It's great fun~!

Sorry for your shitty summer man. Mine wasn't exactly shitty, but as always, it's come and gone faster then a fart in the wind.

Plus, I'm in student council this year and possibly taking 3 other classes I have absolutely no desire (or say in taking) for.

joy!

ABDUR101
Aug 18, 2004, 01:46 AM
I have to say, I'm glad I never had much ambition while in school.

Class president? Heh, class clown!

But thats just me. I never wanted to do anything after school, on weekends or over the summer that had any relation to school.

I think in 6th grade, I'd stay after school to teach some of the teaching staff how to use Windows 98 and various programs, and that was only enjoyable because I enjoyed showing others how to do things they did'nt already know, come on, teaching my own teachers! Ego boost!

All I can say is, well lesson learned. Don't take a role of responsibility if you don't want it, or if other things can get in the way too easily.

Sorry to hear about your parents. My entire family is the same way, he-said-she-said-they-said, dramatic bullshit. You can either feed into it, egg it on, or just ignore it.

Let your parents deal with their divorce, whatevers going to happen, will happen. I look at it like this, it's their divorce, their life that they spent together and had you from, so no doubt they obviously still have feelings of commitment and friendship for each other, even if it's not what it once was, it can't be denied.

I say just ignore whatever they say, as much of a pain in the ass it is for you, it's most likely very akward for them to have a divorce, depending on how they acted and treated each other anyway. Don't know your parents at all, so can't say either way!

Enjoy!

Sagasu
Aug 18, 2004, 01:58 AM
I find it slighty disturbing that you would put this position, that you claim to hate, over your own personall life.

As for your parents, I'm more or less with Abdur on this one. Blowing up at them will only hurt you, influencing one or the other will only place more guilt on you, so trying to more or less stay out of it completely would be your best bet. Remember, your only staying at their home since you have yet to begin to truly support yourself, after your feeding and clothing yourself, your in your own home and pay your own bills, then I suppose you can bitch about your parents all you want =/

Otherwise, always keep your composure. Telling people to fuck off, or tellign them fuck no, is only going to really, really harm you. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Link00seven
Aug 18, 2004, 12:54 PM
I was talkin to my friend Mike about all this, and he said pretty much what you guys said.

Concerning the cruise: Yeah, best bet if I just tell them I had previous plans I cant back out of. I dont HAVE to be there for them bastards to host a frickin' car wash. Other officers skipped out on others...

Concerning my parents: What you guys said is pretty much right. I just have to ignore it...but I wont deny thats hard -_-.

Future: Next year, I'm not being president again, and the only after-school thing im dealing with is Band because I enjoy it so much http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Lseson Learned, thats all I can say.

BogusKun
Aug 18, 2004, 05:39 PM
All I can say about this year... music has gotten rotten YUK!

ShadowNINJA007
Aug 20, 2004, 11:22 PM
I too thought it was a popularity contest and the teachers really did everything afte your president. Maybe I was wrong...

Sux for you dude. I hope things turn out better! Remember, theres always a silver lingin to every cloud, or um, how ever that quote goes... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowNINJA007 on 2004-08-20 21:22 ]</font>