PDA

View Full Version : 100% legit? sure...

Tycho
Aug 17, 2004, 08:46 PM
Why the hell do people say this?
People who used to dupe but don't anymore would say they're "100% legit". So do uberlegits who violate the ToS by flaming. And everyone about items of which they're fairly sure it's legit.

It doesn't make sense!
I've stacked because of my 20 mags I'm feeding. I won't ever be 100% legit. Anyone who's played with unlegits can't be 100% legit. Because it's easier to get xp in a team with people who are unlegitly good. So it's not even 100% legit if you played with people who played with unlegits once.

So I don't wanna hear 100% legit, it's ridiculous. < <;

Sayara
Aug 17, 2004, 09:14 PM
Honestly, i've grown tired of hearing "Legit" and "Not legit" these days.

A Player is a player and thats that. Legits have no power to stop a non legit and vice versa.

And whenever i go to a game or make a game. I dont care if they use a Saber or a TJ Sword. They're still a member of my team. Or i am an ally to them. And i'm cool with that.

I wish everyone could be like this. People these days go buckwhily at every red ring and every DemoComet and any of that junk. its really depressing really.

The only things i fear are those who have power to totally fuck up games. Not just make it "simpler". =

Zarode
Aug 17, 2004, 09:21 PM
That is why I quit GC and moved on to BB. It's more worth it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Armok
Aug 18, 2004, 02:03 AM
Its all BS which only people who have less than 500hrs say. They can fuck off and die, stupid newbies.

Daikarin
Aug 18, 2004, 10:55 AM
On 2004-08-17 18:46, Tycho wrote:
So do uberlegits who violate the ToS by flaming.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is ToS?

It doesn't make sense!
Anyone who's played with unlegits can't be 100% legit.

I play with dupers, hackers.
I don't accept items, shields, nor even meseta from anyone.
I don't trade.
And I only keep an item that I find on the scenery.

I consider myself 100% legit.

I won't tell someone to buzz off just because they aren't legit.

People who play with dupers aren't legit?

The same way as people who have a parent stuck in jail are criminals too.

And for me, I ended my patience to deal with the "OMFG J00 AER NOT LEGIT!" thing.

Just play the damn game, Tycho. Let anyone think what they want of themselves.

I mean really. Worrying yourself over something like this isn't mature, nor healthy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Even_Jin on 2004-08-18 08:57 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Aug 18, 2004, 10:59 AM
On 2004-08-18 08:55, Even_Jin wrote:

Terms of Service. You agree to it before you begin playing PSO. Basically it says don't do this, or ST will blahblahblah. It's not very well enforced.

And for legit/non-legit? Eh, play how you want, as long as it doesn't hurt other people's fun. If you get big thrills by having a HUmar with Yasminkov, fine. If you get big thrills by FSODing people who just got S-Ranks, you need to fucking stop. With that said, I duped a bit offline on GC, but on BB, I don't cheat.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-08-18 08:59 ]</font>

LoreSeeker
Aug 18, 2004, 12:42 PM
On 2004-08-18 08:55, Even_Jin wrote:

On 2004-08-17 18:46, Tycho wrote:
So do uberlegits who violate the ToS by flaming.

It doesn't make sense!
Anyone who's played with unlegits can't be 100% legit.

I play with dupers, hackers.
I don't accept items, shields, nor even meseta from anyone.
I don't trade.
And I only keep an item that I find on the scenery.

I consider myself 100% legit.

I won't tell someone to buzz off just because they aren't legit.

People who play with dupers aren't legit?

The same way as people who have a parent stuck in jail are criminals too.

And for me, I ended my patience to deal with the "OMFG J00 AER NOT LEGIT!" thing.

Just play the damn game, Tycho. Let anyone think what they want of themselves.

I mean really. Worrying yourself over something like this isn't mature, nor healthy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Even_Jin on 2004-08-18 08:57 ]</font>

In some people's eyes (ADE's in particular), playing with a non-legit team member results in you losing your legitimacy. The reasoning for this is as follows: let's say you're having a tough time getting through an area, and a non-legit character joins. You are able to tag for experience, but he's the one doing all of the killing. Because of that, it could be said that the experience you gained was not legit, and you have been tainted. Silly, I know, but people seem to buy it.

I've seen some legits who think that way, and after I told them that I back up my weapons, they quickly responded "well, i didnt know, so im ok" or some such nonsense. Yeah, 100% legit, as long as it's not too inconvenient for you.

Armok
Aug 18, 2004, 12:50 PM
ADE's also spend 5hrs a day for 3months doing just skyly tower for a sealed J sword so is offically an obcessive nutcase.

Sharkyland
Aug 18, 2004, 03:51 PM
I'm definitely not 100% legit though it is ridiculous. So what if your wpn is the most uber rare wpn in the world and does flashy things. A charged wpn if it hits does a helluva damage. O_o

Though ppl, normal games are difficult to play especially when a character has been super tweaked. x_x

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2004-08-18 13:52 ]</font>

Evergea
Aug 18, 2004, 04:53 PM
There is no such thing as 100% Legit, ever. That's someone trying to make it sound like they are a perfect legit player. Is there a such thing as a 100% Illegit? I didn't think so.

You're either legit or your not, often with no fine line between the two.

Daikarin
Aug 18, 2004, 05:47 PM
I mean, DUDE! If I talk to a duper, does that make me non-legit? I mean, he talked to me and affected my gameplay!

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

My point exactly.

Aztec_Mystic
Aug 22, 2004, 09:26 PM
Tycho, you are forgeting something. There are some guys like me who don't go online and as I don't have any hacking device for PSO I am 100% legit yes.
What's the problem with that after all?

digigram
Aug 23, 2004, 03:15 AM
do you come to PSOW and look up drop rates and locations?

Ness
Aug 23, 2004, 05:48 AM
The honest truth is that no one is 100% legit (excluding the people who don't trade and only play offline). With that said, playing with unlegit people doesn't affect your level of legitimacy because he doesn't force you to cheat.

Aztec_Mystic
Aug 23, 2004, 11:44 AM
Yes Didigram. Why? Do you think that's unlegit? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Superguppie
Aug 23, 2004, 12:21 PM
Those drop-rates were taken from the code by hackers. Using them could be perceived as cheating...

Alternative: keep track of all your kills and drops. And get all you friends, and vague acquaintences to do it too. Put the whole stuff through a statistics program and you will have your very own inacccurate, but totaly legit drop-rates.

Tycho
Aug 23, 2004, 07:24 PM
Meh.

Even_Jin, talking to hackers? Apparently you didn't understand what I was saying.

But indeed, using any info from this site, or any other about pso, is not playing a game like the creators supposed you to; you're supposed to find out stuff on your own.

Haha. Everyone who's been on this site is not completely legit. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

digigram
Aug 24, 2004, 12:09 AM
Yes Didigram. Why? Do you think that's unlegit?

Well, I come and look at the forums and database like anyone else on PSOW... and no I don't think thats "illegit". But to say one is 100% legit, while coming here to find out all the information one needs to know about where to go to get what and how to get it, being walked through step by step of the way........ is both wrong and simply hypocritical.

I play legit.. I look items up.. I don't use hacked/duped items. I play normally. I don't use opportunities like the Rockwall in ruins to skip having to go through the whole thing..

but. I can hardly say i'm legit. I just play the game as it was meant to be.

The whole arrogant arguement of, i'm more legit than you... is so based on the insecurities of children that play this game..

Challenge is one thing.. but to actually judge someone that trades with a good friend items that they found together is so fucking stupid.

The arguement has ABSOLUTELY no value as well, when people use the term "legitimate", in a fashion such as 'legitly' or 'unlegit', because it makes that person look like an utter fool. Not even reflecting the slight possibility that that person even knows what legitimacy is.

Go into a titled "Legit" or "no hack" game an you'll run into fucking kids... that ask IMMEDIATELY, "ar u legit" over the com in Xbox. if you don't immediately answer they continually ask " r u r u r u legit r u legit god damnit"... "YES ALREADY". So you continue on..go to the pipe and go to where they are...

all of them are using 1308 mags but they won't tell you unless you ask what mag they have.. most of the time, little obvious hints are clear, such as 0% constantly, dodging obvious actions, asking what photon blasts they have..

Recently this happened to me. kid was being a total jackass, unwarranted of consideration. I was talking to a friend in a team on DAV10 and I was telling him.. "14k till I level", kid butts in, "who gives a FU|<" .. time goes by.. he was telling us a story of how once he had a "legit" level 200 mag, and how it was so awesome, but the one he has now sucks because it had no PB. I ask "why doesn't it have PB, what level is that one if not 200" ... 1308.

"dude, didn't you read the title of the team when joining", he replies "I couldn't understand it".

there is one thing about helping noobs realize that that shit is retarded and unwelcome in our teams/ship. But to have someone that refuses to understand what "23-NOHACKS" on a team name means, fuck that.

-Legit
-illegit
-uber legit..
-gimp kid wannabe hacker cunt wanting to "hack the box".

fuck them all. Grow some confidence and play the fucking game and leave other people alone. Intentionally restraining your own options is your own fucking deal and shouldn't reflect how other people live and play their game. I'm saying "your", as a general 'all of you'. If any one of you EVER imposes on one of my games and tells me I'm not legit enough because i'm using a fucking shield or using my traps too much or whatever the hell you think you're cool for not using, I hope you rot.

shingo
Aug 27, 2004, 09:37 AM
i hate when some people start getting all mad when they asked me my best weapon and they stated to call me a hacker and crap.just because it was at ist highest grider and it was a black king bar.also i hate when people always say im 100% legit player and im better than because of it! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shingo on 2004-08-27 07:39 ]</font>