PDA

View Full Version : comic-non pso related

Puppet_Papaya
Aug 20, 2004, 10:54 PM
It's the newly added prologue to my comic. It's not pso related but i wanted some more feedback on it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/PuppetPopaya/prologuetest.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/PuppetPopaya/prologuetest2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/PuppetPopaya/prologuetest3.jpg
whatcha all think?

Sayara
Aug 20, 2004, 11:09 PM
The kids are very interesting looking. With scarred lips and cut heads.

The Penmenship gives it a unique look to the art. Which has some sort of Goth/Horror appeal to it.

I have but one complaint though. I dont know if it were intentional but...
using U and 2 and such in a comic, is something i never see.

nn Nice Job

Sord
Aug 21, 2004, 07:17 AM
well, first off I must say i have not the slightest damn clue what is going on, and the diologue makes it worse, and one of the characters looks like he/she doesn't have a shirt on.

As for the style, it's kind of... I dunno, but it adds to the confusion with all those lines, even though the characters look good.

Puppet_Papaya
Aug 21, 2004, 09:03 AM
FIrst off, I guess it's really supposed to be confusing, actually.
Also, the wacky grammar, like "U" and "2" were also intentionally. I used distorted text to match the distorted images.
Thanks for the comments! I'm glad you think it's unique!

Sord
Aug 21, 2004, 09:19 AM
On 2004-08-21 07:03, Puppet_Papaya wrote:
FIrst off, I guess it's really supposed to be confusing, actually.
Also, the wacky grammar, like "U" and "2" were also intentionally. I used distorted text to match the distorted images.
Thanks for the comments! I'm glad you think it's unique!

I just kind of realized this, but the smaller character looks sowed up, kinda like a stuffed puppet. Is that supposed to be you/your character?

rena-ko
Aug 21, 2004, 10:23 AM
CLAMP!
neat style, and i like the scar. good idea.

good luck

space_butler
Aug 21, 2004, 10:42 AM
looks good, and for some strange reason it seems to remind me of chobits...probably just me though

trypticon
Aug 21, 2004, 10:51 AM
If this is supposed to be a comic that displays what the internet, cell phones, and all other popular chat based things does to a persons perception of the real world, then it's great. Otherwise, correct the spelling, and give us some clue as to what is going on.

Very good artwork though, it does fit the atmosphere it appears you were trying to set up with the spelling.

Edit: After looking over it again, I am only slightly more than confused about what is going on. It seems to start with the guy who doesn't have a shirt waking up in a confused manner. But then it immediately shifts to the person who woke him up being the one who is confused, and the original confused person lending this other advice on how to become unconfused. This doesn't match up at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2004-08-21 08:55 ]</font>

KaFKa
Aug 21, 2004, 10:51 AM
for some reason, i got a JTHM vibe from it, only anime-style. guess it might have been the sketchy balck and white-ness

Puppet_Papaya
Aug 21, 2004, 11:17 AM
Sord: Nope, that's not me.

Rena-ko and Space_Butler: Thanks! Lots of people say it looks like CLAMP/Chobits. Does it really? I wasn't trying for it to. I want it to look unique!

KaFKa: JTHM? What's that?

trypticon: I already explained why the spelling is all wonky. I'm always glad to hear that people understood the feeling of the atmosphere I was going for! You're right about the switching emphasis from the first character to the second. Now I want to fix that but it's too late! One more thing though; this is supposed to be confusing. It's purpose is to make no sense.

Thanks for the critiques everyone! I appriciate your feedback! I'm glad that, for the most part, you like it!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Puppet_Papaya on 2004-08-21 09:25 ]</font>

Sayara
Aug 21, 2004, 11:48 AM
Johnny the Homicidal Maniac =JTHM. A Comic from the same person who done Invader Zim i beleive?

Sord
Aug 21, 2004, 12:19 PM
On 2004-08-21 09:17, Puppet_Papaya wrote:

trypticon:You're right about the switching emphasis from the first character to the second. Now I want to fix that but it's too late!

atually, if he's tired, then it's actually not to confusing in that aspect, as it's hard to focus and think, plenty of people rub their heads and such when they are clearing their head, and the face expression adds to it, but whatever *shrug*

SpikeOtacon
Aug 21, 2004, 12:45 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/KamakaziSpike/JTHMexcerpt1.jpg
Above, JTHM book 3, page 20. Excerpt.
I guess I can see where KaFKa's coming from with the JTHM thing. (It took me forever to find a pic with no swearing and blood in it, for the sake of the kids.)

It's ok, but I'm too confused as well. Keep up the art style, work on tying it together so it's understandable.

Xaos127
Aug 22, 2004, 09:02 PM
the drawings are great, but after reading all posts i still have no idea what the hell is going on?

odie2088
Aug 22, 2004, 09:34 PM
COOOOOL! cooomic....w00t...thats awesome lol, i like the style a lot, kind of reminds me of salad fingers...lol

BerserkerKutu
Aug 23, 2004, 07:04 AM
Ah very Gothic-dark feel.
I like it.