PDA

View Full Version : Pay Back

PJ
Aug 22, 2004, 07:33 PM
Awhile ago, I posted a topic in FKL about a Gamecube deal at EB, trade in 5 games for a new Gamecube at a reduced price ($45). And I also mentioned that my friend donated 4 of the 5 games (But one of his games, "Didn't work with the promotion." Total bullshit). So we traded in Megaman Network Transmission (My brothers), some crap Soccer game, Animal Crossing, Harry Potter: CoS, and Sonic Heroes (My game). Alright, fine, so we have our new GC. That's fine.

But what he wants in return is our new controller... now, before you start telling me how retarded I am and how I should just give it to him, I need to tell you about our other controllers >.>

All our controllers are seriously fucked up. Either the joystick is bad (In multiple ways) or some other buttony problems, due to either hardcore Smash Bros sessions (That I don't even partake in >_>) or neighbors/parents friends kids use our controller. (I wonder what's so hard about using a controller respectfully).

So, we now have a new GC controller. That works. And trhat we all use (Except for the 2 days we've owned it, we've decided not to use it on Smash Bros).

Now, before you say something like buy new controllers (Since the problem isn't that it's a nice color you can't buy, rather, that it works), the real problem is WE CAN'T AFFORD ANY! None of us have jobs, we don't get allowance. (Not like my older brothers should, since they're 19... and for some reason I can't get a job >_<). Alright. [/end rant on controller]

Hu-hu-whaaa? There's more?

See, i want to make a point right now that this guy who gave us his games is a really good friend of mine. I really don't object to anything he wants from us, especially considering what he does for us. But my brothers attitude toward giving him stuff (This is a bit confusing. I have 3 brothers, 16, 19 and 19. The brother I'm referring to in this rant is the 16 year old one). I give him something, my brother expects him to give something back. What the fuck? -_- He won't hesitate to accept something from my friend, but when I le him borrow something, it has to be a huge deal. He won't even let him use the fucking Bonus Disc from Colloseum to get Jirachi for his Pokemon game... WHAT?!! You won't let him use something that gives him extra data... "Just because." It's not like he'd even use the Pokemon. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Although that's not the point, I still don't understand what the problem is! >_>

Holy. Shit. I made the most retarded rant. I'm sorry, I'm actually pretty angry at my brother about this, and that means I can't type intelligently >_>;;; It's probably less stupid then it actually sounds XP

Wow. This must be a cursing record for me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

HUnewearl_Meira
Aug 23, 2004, 03:26 PM
Tell your brother that if he has a problem with it, then he should either go out and buy a new controller for him, or shut the hell up. That's what I say.

Firocket1690
Aug 23, 2004, 06:50 PM
o_O;

I'm 15 and i scoop ice ceam for a job -_-;

Hmmm, funny, how the hell do you guys play smash bros ?
I've had the default wired one for almost two years (october "02)
wavebird (#1) december "02
wired (#2) and wavebird (#2) since june "03

Except for a small scratch on one of the wavebirds, most of it is in good condition.
Oh, and I beat event 51 in three minutes http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

opaopajr
Aug 24, 2004, 02:29 AM
unless someone jumped up and down on a controller often all you need to do is clean the contacts and realign the placement parts. these devices for the most part are made of great quality - durable hard plastic, simple structure, etc. i've been doing this for years, way back in the 8-bit days (when i was a weee child).

for the most part this isn't very hard; most controllers are quite easy to disassemble and reassemble. get some rubbing alcohol, cotton swabs, paper for lining a 'clean space' (you don't want to lose any parts), proper screwdrivers, and one of the most effed up controller you have to practice on. often controllers are just messed up from grimey little hands letting crud get inside and muck up the contacts (the shiny metal parts right under where the buttons would be at). i'd also recommend cleaning the button parts top and bottom (check around the edges, often lots of gunk is there).

once you are finished your controller should work as good as new. just like trackball mice every now and then need to be opened and cleaned same with controllers.

now if this doesn't work, and some pieces look broke or warped then you are stuck buying a new controller.

hope this helps.

HUnewearl_Meira
Aug 24, 2004, 11:43 AM
On 2004-08-24 00:29, opaopajr wrote:
unless someone jumped up and down on a controller often all you need to do is clean the contacts and realign the placement parts.

Ever seen the GameCube controllers on the display model at Wal-Mart? I get the impression that his controllers look more like that. I dunno if that sort of damage can be repaired so easily, without replacement parts. If he's lucky, he might be able to Frankenstein a couple of controllers into one, though.

PJ
Aug 24, 2004, 12:05 PM
On 2004-08-24 09:43, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
Ever seen the GameCube controllers on the display model at Wal-Mart? I get the impression that his controllers look more like that.

No no no no, it's not even close to that bad x.X Unless the condition of the controllers at your Wal-Mart are better than the controllers by our Toys R Us... >.>