PDA

View Full Version : Voice feature will suck.

Sleet1
Jun 23, 2002, 04:34 PM
Does anyone else think so? I think there will be a million lamers running around just screaming into thier mics, or saying rude/annoying things. ESECIALLY in the lobby, i mean dont you remember all the lamers that would keep puting those annnoying symbols they made? I hope they have a Ignore feature. But i dont care becuase im getting the GC impor http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sleet1
Jun 23, 2002, 04:35 PM
O also, i would WANT to talk to some one i didnt know..it ruins it for me igues. And whatabout all those people that wil make VOICE SEX named rooms? yuuuuuckie!

Parn
Jun 23, 2002, 04:40 PM
Contrary to what some think my opinion is (I was just playing Devil's Advocate all that time, which I love to do), voice chat is actually a neat feature, though completely throwing away keyboard support was in bad taste.

There's potential for abuse yes, but there's potential abuse for everything. You're not going to stick around jerks whether they're shouting at you in voice, or typing it. You're going to leave anyways, really.

Rubesahl
Jun 23, 2002, 04:47 PM
First of all, Thank you soooo much for not doing this on the other thread. Now as for the topic.

Yes it will suck for people like you, but for me it won't. I know there's a mute button and I know I'm not going to put the headset on unless I go into teams anyway. Otherwise I'll only use virtual keyboard and word select. Games of Voice sex? bah good grief. I don't give a damn about that, not like i'm going into those games. People screaming in lobbies? Two options, MUTE FEATURE or just DON'T USE THE HEADSET. I'm just stating facts about this that's all, nothing more. Truthfully I don't think this is not the right way to critisize the Xbox version. Also, being a tad off topic. Voice Chat would be great in games like Unreal Championship, Ghost Recon and others because you need strategy to win. Why wouldn't it be like that in PSO? I'm not saying it won't happen either, just saying that it's equally possible of it not happenning. Besides, I'll be playing from people of my clan so I know who I'm playing with http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif As for strangers, I'll meet good ones in time, just seeing some here who are getting it seem pretty nice people so what's the big deal.

Not trying to convince you, you have your reasons why not getting the Xbox version and that's just fine, I just want you to hear what I think.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rubesahl on 2002-06-23 14:49 ]</font>

Sleet1
Jun 23, 2002, 04:53 PM
its just preferance i guess, i hate talking on the phone so i would probably hate talking into the Mic.

Rubesahl
Jun 23, 2002, 04:57 PM
On 2002-06-23 14:53, Sleet1 wrote:
its just preferance i guess, i hate talking on the phone so i would probably hate talking into the Mic.

Now that's a good reason http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif In my case I'm pretty shy but I know it'll be fun once I get the hang of it. And Exactly, it's a matter of prefference http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Greg
Jun 23, 2002, 05:02 PM
#1 there is a topic about this already
#2 You post too much
#3 There will be lamers on the keyboard as well, you can mute them in either version.

Sleet1
Jun 23, 2002, 05:05 PM
4) your an ass. Why dont you go take that giant Dildo out of your butt and calm down.

Greg
Jun 23, 2002, 05:12 PM
On 2002-06-23 15:05, Sleet1 wrote:
4) your an ass. Why dont you go take that giant Dildo out of your butt and calm down.

Yeah, I forgot to add that(#4) to my list. Thanks for the heads up.

Rubesahl
Jun 23, 2002, 05:13 PM
roflmao Man, I knew this was going to piss Greg off lol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Lately people are making posts that annoy him a lot, one would say that people do it on purpose lol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
And guys relax ok?

Sleet1
Jun 23, 2002, 05:18 PM
Greg why do you have to be an ass? Huh? WHY WHY WHY??

Greg
Jun 23, 2002, 05:41 PM
On 2002-06-23 15:18, Sleet1 wrote:
Greg why do you have to be an ass? Huh? WHY WHY WHY??

Sorry if using my brain and not making 50 (useless) posts a day makes me an ass.

Sleet1
Jun 23, 2002, 05:46 PM
Its sad my 1k post has to be a flame, but really, WHAT is usefull information anymore? tell me really i want to know. What do i reeeaaly need to know about gameplay info?

watashiwa
Jun 23, 2002, 05:51 PM
Haha, oh boy.

Anyway, I'm steering clear from the X-Box version simply because I have the voice of a small woman and it's quite embarassing. No, really! >.>

(BTW, Sleet1 don't get mad, you're the one who started the flames with the dildo thing. So what if a person says you post too much? Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. At least he didn't flame, can't say the same for your side. So who's really being the asshole here, hmm?)

Mag_Launcher
Jun 23, 2002, 05:52 PM
Blah, blah, blah. Whine and complain elsewhere. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2002-06-23 15:56 ]</font>

Sleet1
Jun 23, 2002, 05:53 PM
heh....yeah. Anywayz i dont want to hear half the peoples voices on here, it would just freak me out for some deep dudes voice to come out of a little short FOnewearl. hahah actually thatd be hilarious

Crescent_Dragon
Jun 23, 2002, 05:54 PM
I remember reading in EGM that the voicechat feature would also have something to disguise your voice with.

Sorry, I jsut found that interesting.

Saladwood
Jun 23, 2002, 06:05 PM
i'm moving this to rants.

almost anything that's about something "sucking" belongs there.

Sleet1
Jun 25, 2002, 07:08 PM
sorry salad. anyways i think the ability to disguise your voice is a really good addition for those mothers that dont want thier kids to talk to strangers. my mom freaks when she hears ppl talking over the computer on Yahoochat.

TeamPhalanx
Jun 25, 2002, 09:29 PM
I'm not really for voice chat. (Reports are that you can adjust your voice to fit your character) To start off, I really don't like to chat when I'm playing the game (in an area with monsters); I'm not really a phone person either. Just weighing the positives and negatives, there seem to be more cons for voice chat than pros.

Sleet1
Jun 25, 2002, 10:21 PM
actually, if you can change your voice to match your cahracter it would be very handy. BUT i also dont want to hear a little cut Fonewearl cussing her brains out. well i do becuase its funny but it would mess up the "image"

ABDUR101
Jun 25, 2002, 10:34 PM
On 2002-06-25 20:21, Sleet1 wrote:
actually, if you can change your voice to match your cahracter it would be very handy. BUT i also dont want to hear a little cut Fonewearl cussing her brains out. well i do becuase its funny but it would mess up the "image"

What "image"? It's not real. Whats the difference between someone swearing all over the screen and swearing in voice chat? There is no set image, because everyone is unique.

pixelate
Jun 25, 2002, 10:58 PM
On 2002-06-25 20:34, ABDUR101 wrote:
There is no set image, because everyone is unique.

Unless you really believe that a female is sitting behind the controller of every female character in the game and hit on each one you see.

ABDUR101
Jun 25, 2002, 11:04 PM
On 2002-06-25 20:58, pixelate wrote:
Unless you really believe that a female is sitting behind the controller of every female character in the game and hit on each one you see.

Oh shit! I forgot people actually do that :

Sorry for bursting your dirty dreams everyone! ...no seriously.

Sleet1
Jun 25, 2002, 11:05 PM
yeah... if there was a fat harry dude smoking a Cigar and playing a Fonewearl it would be very " unique"

ABDUR101
Jun 25, 2002, 11:57 PM
On 2002-06-25 21:05, Sleet1 wrote:
yeah... if there was a fat harry dude smoking a Cigar and playing a Fonewearl it would be very " unique"

..fat harry dude's smoking cigar's aren't allowed to choose what character they want to play as?

Sedric
Jun 26, 2002, 10:13 PM
Ok,

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but "Something-something sux!" is NOT an opinion.

Rather, you should have said: "I THINK or BELIEVE such-and-such is bad/not good BECAUSE <insert valid statment that actually makes sense>."

My 2 cents.

Oh yeah, voice chat won't suck. You never seen that little ad in game magazines about some time ago in past? Something about "Real Commandos don't pass notes" or something like that..... I don't remember very well....

googles
Jun 28, 2002, 03:00 AM
On 2002-06-23 15:05, Sleet1 wrote:

lmao..everytime i read one of his posts, i always say that in my head.

ABDUR101
Jun 28, 2002, 03:59 AM
On 2002-06-23 15:52, Mag_Launcher wrote:
Blah, blah, blah. Whine and complain elsewhere. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions.
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2002-06-23 15:56 ]</font>

err..Wata..why did you edit his post? This is Rants, I'd rather them vent any frustration, even if it's over someone else, here than in any other forum.

Besides, if you keep editing and deleting these damn posts/threads how is anyone going to know what not to do?! I say leave everything there so everyone can see it(unless it's prejudice/racist, in which case it has no place on the forums).

I say voice chat will be a great feature. You can always turn it off, mute someone, and no doubt a keyboard will be released because alot of people are voicing a want for it. You think Microsoft or a third party is going to sit back and not fill the need of alot of people?

They'd be missing out on alot of money if they did'nt...

o_O

BattleAngel
Jun 28, 2002, 10:46 AM
Sure the voice feature will have it's problems with kids trying out their "New adult vocabulary" and all. My main complaint about the Xbox's voice communication feature is they don't give one the option of connecting a keyboard to the voice communicator. While some people prefer the keyboard, others like me can't use voice chat if one has lost their ability to speak. Sure I've e-mailed MS about their decision to not support a keyboard in games, unless they decide to support one this gamer will have to sit out till MS realises not everyone can speak.

Being mute has it's advantages though, keeps my thoughts about some people to myself while playing AilenFront Online.

Last_Saiyan
Jun 28, 2002, 03:58 PM
Mic will be cool, I do agree that no keyboard was a bad idea. I mean, they could've solve the problem easy to only be able to type in the lobby but use the mic during a game. I don't, just my 2 sense because my 10 cents for free...Hay!! It wouldn't matter, there would be a code to chat anywhere anyways. *Puts Wata's voice on loud, turns voice note sythesizer 3 notches lower. Okay Wata, you are now cured!!!

Guile
Jul 10, 2002, 09:55 PM
I only read the first post sooo

Many games have had it...it aint nothing new and many of those games are good
CS and AFO had it..those are the only ones i can think of right now...

CS kicks ass

Strider_Gren
Jul 13, 2002, 07:13 PM
On 2002-06-23 15:13, Rubesahl wrote:
roflmao Man, I knew this was going to piss Greg off lol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Lately people are making posts that annoy him a lot, one would say that people do it on purpose lol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
And guys relax ok?

I do it on purpose!

1: it's too easy
2: he always has to have the last word

There's nothing anyone could possibly say on a gaming board that would piss me off