PDA

View Full Version : Game Prefference

DarthFomar
Aug 30, 2004, 01:03 PM
I'm so tired of people trying to dictate what people "can" think is a good game or not. All people have their differences and video games are no exception. So, why then, must some people feel the need to influence (in a dominate manner) what you can or cannot like?

I'm not going into specific details, but let's say I'm talking to someone and I say; "this game looks cool, or this game will be awesome", and they presume to say "what are you talking about, you're an idiot...this game is better, you should get this, and if you don't...you're stupid".

As lame as that may sound...that's the kind of crap that I'm tired of. It's that kind of mess that eats away at my patience...and in the end drives me to snap on the person.

It's not like I'm an android that has to like everything someone else likes and if I don't then I'm an outcast. I'm not prone to peer pressure either, so if these people really knew me...then they'd know nothing they say can change my mind.

So, why the fuck do they keep on about this shit??? Could they possibly be any less narrow-minded???

I don't like most of the things other people like, and I'm sure that everyone else is the same way. And why some people feel that everyone should like the same things, is far beyond me and I don't understand it. If I like a game, but someone else doesn't...I don't question it, nor do I pressure them into liking it. I move on...because it's their opinion, not mine.

I hate when people try and dictate my life-style, my thoughts, and my personal tastes. Everytime I get into one of those conversations it just pisses me off and I have to shut my mouth because I am not going to argue with anyone as "narrow-minded" as that.

Sharkyland
Aug 30, 2004, 04:27 PM
Heh, I definitely know what you mean though when people say "THIS GAME WILL RULE YOUR WORLD", I usually keep my opinions to myself. I'm a very rare gamer who mostly desires import over domestic.

Scrub
Aug 30, 2004, 04:31 PM
I agree. People are too quick to tell me what the fuck I think of a game. That's nice you have your opinion, but respect mine, too.

On an unrelated note, is that the first post you've made without an emoticon?

DarthFomar
Aug 30, 2004, 04:46 PM
On 2004-08-30 14:27, Sharkyland wrote:

Heh, I definitely know what you mean though when people say "THIS GAME WILL RULE YOUR WORLD", I usually keep my opinions to myself. I'm a very rare gamer who mostly desires import over domestic.

Boasting about a game like, "This game will rock" doesn't bother me. But when you're talking about games and you say that you'd like to get a "particular" game, but the other person says "what, are you stupid...this one will be better, fuck that other game"...that pisses me off.

The main reason people do that is for an ego trip...to try and make what they like look more important. But, they also do it to try and influence you into liking what they like, which isn't how it works.

It's just pushy, arrogant, and very narrow-minded...and it's really starting to piss me off. In fact, the next time I have to hear that crap from someone I know...I could go off. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif

On 2004-08-30 14:31, GreyPhantasm wrote:
I agree. People are too quick to tell me what the fuck I think of a game. That's nice you have your opinion, but respect mine, too.

On an unrelated note, is that the first post you've made without an emoticon?

No, but it's probably the only one in the past few months...yeah, something like that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif