PDA

View Full Version : Fileplanet.

Firocket1690
Aug 31, 2004, 09:37 PM
Rawr.

Last week, I signed up for the world of warcraft closed stress test beta thingy. Got my confirmation email about four days ago, and I was accepted to participate. Even got my key and everything
So..... I rush off to their site and download the thing. Half hour later, I have about two gigs of WoW sitting in my D: drive, and I open it. It says the file is corrupted, and I should go redownload it off fileplanet.com.
I went and checked, and the page has internal 500 error.
I tried again yesterday, and they said it was closed.
Well, it's closed to the public, but its still avalable to the rich kiddies that pay $44 something a month for their paid subscriptions. >_<;

;_;

WraithVerge
Aug 31, 2004, 11:34 PM
This is actually a ploy by FilePlanet so they can anger people into doing something stupid... like paying that $5 or however much for the subscription.

(Just for clearance, if you go to FilePlanet every day and DL stuff from it, then the subscription would be helpful. I, on the other hand, go to FilePlanet once every 6 months... maybe.

Bradicus
Sep 2, 2004, 05:40 PM
Mine seems to be working fine. Now all I need is the email that lets me make my account.

I guess the lazy bums could still screw me over. I mean, didn't the damn thing start today?

Ah want mah account!

Edit- I managed to find where to make my account. With 35 min of WoW under my belt, I can honestly say that I've no idea what's going on...

The faq has this to say about your problem:

The file says it's corrupt! Or asks to insert CD #
Please extract the files to a folder on your hard drive using WinZip 8.0 or higher. Then execute the installation file for the game.
here is the link... But I find that these never help.
http://www.fileplanet.com/betacenter/wow/stress_test/wowfaq.shtml

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bradicus on 2004-09-02 18:51 ]</font>