PDA

View Full Version : I haven't felt this bad in... forever?!

Genoa
Sep 3, 2004, 09:24 PM
About an hour ago, I had just gotten off the phone. My mom wanted to watch a movie with me. I go in her room, start watching, then my dad comes in the room to ask me what was going on "you doin your permit courses? your work done? etc..."
I got mad... (he was already mad)... naturally we started argueing (as usual). But this time I pushed it too far. The last thing I said was "YOU ALWAYS START THE ARGUEMENTS! YOU RUINED A PERFECTLY GOOD EVENING! I WAS ABOUT TO SIT HER AND WATCH A MOVIE WITH MOM, AND YOU COME IN AND RUIN IT! THANKS ALOT DAD!!!!................. (got quiet)
He said "fine... you know what, I give up. I will never argue with you again. Your mother is in complete charge of you know. I'm through raising you. Go do whatever you want. I don't care anymore. I'ma go on the computer and type up my last words of advice to say to you. The last words were:

A wise man looks ahead. The fool attempts to fool himself and won't face facts. (Proverbs 14:8)
A selfish man quarrels against every sound principle of conduct by demanding his own way. (Proverbs 18:1)
A lazy man wants much but gets little, while the hard working man prospers (Proverbs 13:4)
A lazy man is full of excuses.......(Proverbs 22:13)
A lazy man won't work.. Yet in his own opinion he is smarter than seven wise men. (Proverbs 26:13-16)
Commit your work to the Lord, and then you will succeed. (Proverbs 16:3)
Read Proverbs and do your school work, don't be lazy and life will get easier.
Dad

That's what he typed out for me...
I'm at the point of tears... he gave up on me. He's done raising me... but i'm only 16 ?!
I... never realized my problems. I have told others not to do things.. and yet i've been doing them myself. I just never looked at myself.
But I plan to turn my entire life around now! The last thing I want is my parents to pass away thinking of me as a failure. There is much I must start working on now.

Scrub
Sep 3, 2004, 09:36 PM
It would probably help if you apologized. Explain to him how bad you feel, and how sorry you are. I too have done things like this I greatly regreted soon after, and I'm sure he will forgive you. By what he typed, he obviously loves you, and does NOT want to stop raising you.

KodiaX987
Sep 3, 2004, 09:44 PM
Welcome to the world of Christianity. Better get your ass ready, 'cause this will be ugly!

Aredhel
Sep 3, 2004, 10:13 PM
I know exactly what you're going through. My father once straight-up said right to my sister and I with the utmost seriousness, "There is a day you children will be out of my life, and there's part of me that cannot wait for that to happen." We were both crushed - it was like he had abandoned both of us right then and there. He had told us (me, 16 at the time and my sister, 9 at the time) that he was done being our father. It was so absolutely devestating at the time.

It was, of course, very important - it seems even more important now, in spite of the divorce between my father and my sister's mother. It taught us that he was absolutely human. You father sounds very similar to mine; he tries his hardest to do his absolute best as a father and every now and then, he just has to crash to get back up again. I realized this as he held me in his arms apologizing with tears welling up in his eyes. Have you ever held your father while he is crying? It's a feeling that I wish to never forget nor describe. You will realize how much your parents mean to you as you get older. Giving it time is not the answer, taking advantage of the time you have left together, however, is. You will come to realize that your parents will never stop being your parents if they really love you - which I'm sure your father does, very deeply.

AzureBlaze
Sep 4, 2004, 12:51 AM
I do not know your exact situation.

It seems you've got a personality and so does he, and that's really normal. That this has inspired you to change yourself for the better, is good. True, it shouldn't of had to come to that but sometimes things happen. Grownups especially say things they dont mean when they're really mad. If he's a good person, he'll take it back. Not all people are good people.

Do everything that you do for one person. YOURSELF. Do it for no other. No diety, no other person but you. Improve your 'ways' (whatever you saw that needed changing)To believe only in yourself and to be in alignment with yourself and your own goals is your key to success. No one can command you to do these things, they can only come from within.

If you are always trying to live up to something someone else wants, you'll end up dissapointed a lot. Some people are never satisfied no matter how 'good', how much money, how many "A"s or stuff like that you get, but if you follow your own high standards, other people will see it in you, and success can follow.

Hopefully, you can address the nagging/doing issue, he'll realize that quitting and running away is not the way to solve anything, and the changes you make will benefit everyone involved, and no one will have to be sad anymore.

Skett
Sep 4, 2004, 01:01 AM
Listen, your not human if you don't feel guilt after yelling at your dad. However, I can't blame you for blowing up like that. We can only take so much before we reach the edge. I would start with saying your sorry to your dad and trying to make up. Than maybe you could calmy explain why you yelled at him. Try to see things from your point of view. Than you should try to see things from his point of view.

Skuda
Sep 4, 2004, 01:16 AM
On 2004-09-03 19:24, MegamanX wrote:

That's what he typed out for me...
I'm at the point of tears... he gave up on me. He's done raising me... but i'm only 16 ?!
I... never realized my problems. I have told others not to do things.. and yet i've been doing them myself. I just never looked at myself.
But I plan to turn my entire life around now! The last thing I want is my parents to pass away thinking of me as a failure. There is much I must start working on now.

And thustly, I'm sure that is what your father planned all along. You'll be fine

Squal
Sep 6, 2004, 01:20 PM
my dad did something silar to this but he's always so childish, so he got over it. Your dad seems serios though... I have no advice, sorry.